By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - London 2012: How the world saw the Olympic Games

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
I did not notice any problems. Everything looked really nice. Had some friends visit London for about a week and attend some of the events. I think London should have filled more seats in some of the events, but that is hard with so many events over two weeks. Plus some events are not as popular as others.

The problem wasn't that there wasn't enough demand for the seats...because there was. The problem as that they left some seats aside in order to have spare seats for the officials. 100% of the tickets that were made available were sold.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
kowenicki said:
Soleron said:
kowenicki said:
Soleron said:

Biggest problem I saw was that footage was premade instead of being able to be chosen by the broadcaster, so it gave equal time to everyone in the lead and no time to those outside. On British TV, the British gymnasts were shown I'd say less than 1/5 of the time, and there was a lot of cutting to footage of the crowd at the wrong time instead of showing events that were clearly happening.

Thats not really anything to do with the games organisation and even though is it.  Thats about the olympic coverage by 3rd party broadcasters.

No. The footage was done by the IOC (edit: Olympic Broadcasting Service) The third parties including the BBC had /no control/ over the footage. This is very much an organisational issue.

Oh I see. Well it that case it is an organisational issue on behalf of the IOC not London 2012.  To be fair to the OBS I guess it is very difficult to cover to everyones satisfaction.  But if a host nation was covering it, it would probably even worse in some cases.

I meant that they should have provided _all_ the footage and let each broadcaster show off their team more.

Fully agree Soleron! My only complaint was the coverage and commentating...

But i think the purpose of this thread is more about London as a host...and i think they were great :)

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|