By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The burden of the Intellectual

Mr Khan said:

That's the balance. You can choose who you sleep with, but you can't choose what you feel. Gay is gay, and bisexual is bisexual (Mr. Stickball was quite wrong to use that as a rebuttal).

There is no such thing as 100% gay though, everyone is bisexual to one degree or another. That's my PoV on it, and I'd be hard-pressed to be proven otherwise.

We know from science that a person is developed in the womb and in a certain phase of that fetal development they are bathing in a mixture of hormones which highly determine his sexual make-up, early on. It would be my understanding then that no-one is 100% homo or 100% hetero, but a degree therein.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Im not sure why hes so adament on the circumscision thing either mostly for a couple reasons

It is scientifically proven the uncircumscised men are likely to contract skin infections such as Blantus

And that sexual intercourse is more enjoyable for circumscised males due to it being easier to stimulate and get sensation in the head of the penis.

Many of his points and posts are missing actual scientific fact and are just strong opinion. He needs to learn to seperate his personal feelings from that matter.

There are veeeeeeeery few things in our life that are actual fact. Things like time, gravity, and space which are everyday moments of our lives arent fact we are learning more and more.

@bold. imho it all makes sense, as he is mostly anti-religious in general. Circumcision is just one other traditional practice to bombard with religious intolerance. It's how I understand it.

Runa216 said:
Mr Khan said:

If being gay is a choice, why would anyone choose it? Why choose to be something that's going to get you ostracized by a good number of people today, or could have gotten you many punishments like chemical castration as late as 60 years ago?

I always wondered that, too.  why in the world would someone consciously chose to do something that would have them ostracized and punished?  I mean, when the reward is manbum, I can't imagine the risks being worth it  unless the person really was gay! 

Well, now you have your answer, see my reply to him.

Immortal said:
Wow. You really need to get off that high pedestal. Calling yourself an intellectual and considering it a burden is just painfully childish.

Yeah, really. If you are posting on VGChartz, it is safe to assume that you are no intellectual.

badgenome said:
Immortal said:
Wow. You really need to get off that high pedestal. Calling yourself an intellectual and considering it a burden is just painfully childish.

Yeah, really. If you are posting on VGChartz, it is safe to assume that you are no intellectual.

I can't tell if you were being sarcastic, but that's exactly it, :P.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
Immortal said:
badgenome said:
Immortal said:

I think satirical would be the word, you non-intellect you!

Immortal said:
badgenome said:
Immortal said:

I have never been more serious in my entire life.

Immortal said:
Ever wonder why your supposed smart people have "conceded" that everyone can have an opinion? It's not because they're civilized; it's because they're smart.
You seem to be under the horrible delusion that there are some few smart people who all agree with each other on everything (except abortion and euthanasia) and are all disgusted by the masses and their stupidity. I don't even know where to start on how silly that seems to me.
I don't get it, though. I agree with liberals on most things because they're open-minded and yet when it comes to pretty much anything they're passionate about, they immediately ditch the "everything is subjective" idea and start thinking in black and white.

Bravo, good sir. Bravo.

happydolphin said:
Mr Khan said:

That's the balance. You can choose who you sleep with, but you can't choose what you feel. Gay is gay, and bisexual is bisexual (Mr. Stickball was quite wrong to use that as a rebuttal).

There is no such thing as 100% gay though, everyone is bisexual to one degree or another. That's my PoV on it, and I'd be hard-pressed to be proven otherwise.

We know from science that a person is developed in the womb and in a certain phase of that fetal development they are bathing in a mixture of hormones which highly determine his sexual make-up, early on. It would be my understanding then that no-one is 100% homo or 100% hetero, but a degree therein.

That is the prevailing psychological opinion. It is believed that we each have certain degrees of bisexuality because it helps us sympathize with the other sex (to take a stereotypical example, metrosexual men having increased chick appeal over some crotch-scratching slob), so perhaps *actual* bisexuality (where that degree if sympathy is near 50%) or homosexuality are imbalances in that tendency.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I have know idea what the op said because the post has been deleted. But I do want to comment on "intellectuals" and how they treat others.

In my opinion people who consider themselves to be intellectual often are no more well educated than your average college graduate. Unlike the average grad they do tend to hold onto "facts" as though they were precious heirlooms. Like an old collector they like to show off their heirlooms as often as possible to prove their value. And just like that old collect when they feel threatened they will throw those heirlooms at their "attacker' and try to beat them to death with them.

Now you may have noticed that a few lines back I but the word "facts" in quotes. Intellectuals love facts, but they only care about the ones that fit into their ideas. So they read up on data, no matter how unsupported, that agrees with their perceptions. For an "intellectual" the only thing more important than being right is making others agree with them. The only thing they find more offensive than differing opinions is valid counter data and facts.

Real intellectuals work at universities or other research sectors. Anyone who considers them self an intellectual, but doesn't get paid for their abundant intellect is probably just an egomaniacal megalomaniac with a subconscious inferiority complex.

You might be saying, hey those a pretty big words, maybe you think you are an intellectual. Nope, I'm just an average guy who double checked the word "megalomaniac" on dictionary.com because I know I make mistakes sometimes. Intellectuals with argue an opinion as fact until the next ice age. The average person, like me and most of the people reading this, like to preface their opinions with "in my opinion" and will happily go on living life knowing that others don't share that opinion.