By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U specs and performance matter, and Nintendo knows this

Hisiru said:

I am sorry, last time I posted here was 2010 haha. Is it better? And thanks for the words. :)

Much better ;) Thanks!

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
oniyide said:

I dont think its 45 mil, not even close. I think its like 20 mil at most (for the Wii only owners who actually care about those ports) not saying they shouldnt pursue, because they should but its not as big as you would think IMHO. I think there are more multiplat owning kids than you are giving credit for.

I think you are understimating 2 important markets. The casual HD market and the "only Wii plus PC".

I have a lot of friends that have a PS3 only because PES 2012 looks better on that console, at the moment someone tells them that it looks just a little better on Wii U (and if the price is right) they will sell their console and buy a new one, because "the grass looks nicer" or "the Wii U is more powerful". Also have friends in the other side of the spectrum, their only console is a Wii (which mostly they combine with an average PC).

The first group does not know anything more than 2 or 3 games TOTAL, they will buy every years version of the same game and if the "best looking" one is in a different plataform they will move if it is not too expensive (600 dollars too much, 400 is a maybe, 300 is very good looking).

The second group will buy the console no matter what, as is the only place to play Nintendo Franchises, and the ports is just convenient as they don't like to struggle too much with their PC versions (constant drivers updates, version delays, compatibility issues, etc).

That 2nd group sounds like the people who bought a GC, which sold 20 something million? thats where im getting my numbers, from those are the true "ill buy anything with a Ninty name on it"

That first market is very small, or not nearly as big as some want to believe, why else would Wii have sold that much more consoles than the other two, PS2 whoop the other two, PS1 etc.

Sal.Paradise said:

From what I read, all their first party titles are 720p (resolution),and  TT2 is confirmed to run at native 1080p. 

I thought we were told other wise a little while back. :O

oniyide said:

That 2nd group sounds like the people who bought a GC, which sold 20 something million? thats where im getting my numbers, from those are the true "ill buy anything with a Ninty name on it"

That first market is very small, or not nearly as big as some want to believe, why else would Wii have sold that much more consoles than the other two, PS2 whoop the other two, PS1 etc.

And that market is not infamous for buying non-Nintendo games either :P But to be fair this wouldn't be the same market after all. It would be a new gen of players that grew up on the Wii, plus maybe some of the cube era and then some.

happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

And that market is not infamous for buying non-Nintendo games either :P But to be fair this wouldn't be the same market after all. It would be a new gen of players that grew up on the Wii, plus maybe some of the cube era and then some.

Looks at Wii non-Ninty sales, yep they sure are buying those games, jking. But who are these people that grew up on WIi?? I think you would be surprised how much of those people have another console. Yes im talking about the kids, id bet there are more of them who own a PS3 or 360 as well than the ones who own just a WIi. Unless you are talking about the really young children.  And then of course the soccer mom demographic that arent exactly jumping for joy at the thought of playing Batman on Wii U.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

Looks at Wii non-Ninty sales, yep they sure are buying those games, jking. But who are these people that grew up on WIi?? I think you would be surprised how much of those people have another console. Yes im talking about the kids, id bet there are more of them who own a PS3 or 360 as well than the ones who own just a WIi. Unless you are talking about the really young children.  And then of course the soccer mom demographic that arent exactly jumping for joy at the thought of playing Batman on Wii U.

Well, I do think it's safe to assume that a good portion of homes can't afford more than one dedicated video game console, it's say at lest 25 to 33 percent. If they have lots of kids, they most probably opted for a Wii as fun for the whole family. So ultimately, these kids will want the revision, while having older tastes.

NintendoPie said:
Sal.Paradise said:

From what I read, all their first party titles are 720p (resolution),and  TT2 is confirmed to run at native 1080p. 

If you can find otherwise I'd be happy to be proven wrong! The 720p thing is what I find on a google search about it though, with an interview with a Nintendo rep. 

Sal.Paradise said:
NintendoPie said:
Sal.Paradise said:

If you can find otherwise I'd be happy to be proven wrong! The 720p thing is what I find on a google search about it though, with an interview with a Nintendo rep. 

Hm, I really thought there was an article that showed us that Lineup games would run 1080... maybe not. :/

NintendoPie said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Hm, I really thought there was an article that showed us that Lineup games would run 1080... maybe not. :/

You might be thinking of the news that Batman: AC and Assassin's Creed 3 will run in native 1080p, which was confirmed by a Nintendo rep.

Unfortunately, Nintendo's 1st party launch window lineup are native 720p, which is really disappointing to me; primarily because they should be setting an example for other companies.  They'll still look good, but there's little reason that at least Nintendoland and Mario shouldn't be native 1080p.

archbrix said:
NintendoPie said:
Sal.Paradise said:

You might be thinking of the news that Batman: AC and Assassin's Creed 3 will run in native 1080p, which was confirmed by a Nintendo rep.

Unfortunately, Nintendo's 1st party launch window lineup are native 720p, which is really disappointing to me; primarily because they should be setting an example for other companies.  They'll still look good, but there's little reason that at least Nintendoland and Mario shouldn't be native 1080p.

That's probably what I was thinking of.