By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Man branded a pedophile because of where he sat.

Came across this in the news today:

Johnny McGirr, a 33-year-old NSW firefighter, said he felt ashamed when a flight attendant asked him to move seats because men are banned from sitting next to unaccompanied children.

Two boys, who he estimated were under the age of 10, had been seated in his row on a flight from Brisbane to Sydney, forcing him to switch seats with a woman, he said on Friday.

"I was so embarrassed".

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/national/14522047/virgin-review-after-pedophile-complaint/

This is crazy imagine how embarrassing that would have been. At least its a lesson for males not to travel on Virgin airways unless they want to be viewed as a pedophile.

Around the Network

pretty pathetic... there's just as many pedophile women as men afaik (notice: pedophile does not mean rapist). so why would he have to give his seat to a random woman?

I like how they assumed he was a homosexual paedophile too. What a nonsensical policy, I fail to see how a woman can't possibly have paedophilic tendencies and how the airlines would go about rationalizing it.

It's sexism, pure and simple. For shame, Virgin, for shame.

The worst part is that he must have looked like a pedophile to the rest of the plane when the attendent asked a woman to take his place and said he wasn't allowed to sit next to children.

Pathetic.

That's pathetic.

Around the Network

hmm, according to my mom, when I was around 10 or 11 I might have been targeted by a female pedophile, she was following me around in a suspicious manner, but fled when my mom saw her. Maybe she was just a kidnapper, but my mom insists otherwise, true story.

and lolwtf @ that story, I know I won't be flying with them anytime soon.

This feminist rhetoric of "all men are paedophiles" really does need to end.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

A disgusting policy of Virgin Airlines.

As far as I am concerned virgin is guilty of defaming this man's character and should face serious fines themselves.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

The title should read, "Man branded a pedophile because he's a man"

I was watching an old episode of The Andy Griffith show (is there any other kind?) not too long ago and one of Opie's friends asked if he could sleep with Andy because he couldn't sleep. There was a scene with Andy and the boy discussing the boy's problems in bed. That wouldn't fly on television these days.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger