By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ‘You’ve made your choice’: Man shares dad’s brutal letter disowning him for being gay

Pathetic.

Around the Network

Have any of you stopped to really compare what you're saying to what this father is saying. His ideals place God above everything and most of yours place caring/love/family above everything else. This man does not correspond to your ideals so you label him pathetic/shameful and mention he will be filled with regret in his later years. Then to top this off, you label him a hypocrite.

Who gave any of you this infallible insight on what it means to be a moral being? The same fault, assuming it is a fault, that leads this man to disown his own son is the same fault that leads that leads any of you to label a view contrary to your own as disgraceful.

Personally, I feel the matter is best left between the father and his son and I'm not really going to judge one side or the other. It seems to me that while both sides have different views they have both thought it out and are standing by their beliefs, more than I can say for many.

How do you breathe again?

neerdowell said:

Have any of you stopped to really compare what you're saying to what this father is saying. His ideals place God above everything and most of yours place caring/love/family above everything else. This man does not correspond to your ideals so you label him pathetic/shameful and mention he will be filled with regret in his later years. Then to top this off, you label him a hypocrite.

Who gave any of you this infallible insight on what it means to be a moral being? The same fault, assuming it is a fault, that leads this man to disown his own son is the same fault that leads that leads any of you to label a view contrary to your own as disgraceful.

Personally, I feel the matter is best left between the father and his son and I'm not really going to judge one side or the other. It seems to me that while both sides have different views they have both thought it out and are standing by their beliefs, more than I can say for many.

I disagree with you firmly.

Homosexuality is not against God's word in anyway. Homosexuality is a result of chemicals, hormones, and personal taste. Gay men and women simply have more of the genetic make-up for the opposite sex. Not the ones that change physical appearance, but plenty that change inner preferences to sex.

Homosexuality is a rare and arguably abnormal byproduct of genome randomization and you are born with it. Just like hermaphrodites are both with both sexual organs (but likely prefer on one sex), homosexuals are born with opposing physical and mental sexual orientation.

From a strictly religious point of view, God made gays as much as God made birth defects, abnormalities, hair lips, hermaphrodites, blue eyes, red hair, more than five toes/fingers, twins, conjoined twins, and the platypus.

Additionally, aside from birth conditions (both common and rare) you have the fact that God in most religious ideologies prefers you leave the judging to God in most cases. NONE of these religions even have rules for punishment for homosexuality in their religious books. Its just stupid to think God is against a natural birth condition regardless if its rare or abnormal. (btw, my use of abnormal is not intended to put homosexuality down... its literally "not-normal" in the sense as its not the primary purpose of the sexes considering you can't procreate)

God will judge anti-gays the same as any racist... maybe more as they use God's name to be bigots. (my opinion as a Muslim. Qur'an actually only tells us to separate them for a period of time... to bad bigots change that to death penalty when even murder is encouraged to be forgiven.)

Finally, to your points exactly, its well within anyone's rights to state an opinion regarding this letter/father. Even if his personal belief is his son is damned to Hell, he is pathetic to remove him from his life.

Eh, its not too bad. My father actually said something like this to my face. I'm not even gay.

But I did buy a PSP Go.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

That's horrible of him to write that to his own Son. And even worse, he makes us Christians look ridiculous.

EDIT: But the overall of the letter is pretty nice... just not the meaning.

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Eh, its not too bad. My father actually said something like this to my face. I'm not even gay.

But I did buy a PSP Go.

How is that part related in anyway

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I wouldn't really call that hateful. It seemed really composed, honest, straight forward and with emotion.

If anything, it seemed more like a sad letter then anything.

If anything, it's the responses to it that seem hateful.

It's great to disagree with him... and I do... but really, with responses like most of you have, it might be worth looking into a mirror and wondering who really is hateful.

Such overblown ridiculious anger solves nothing, and only allows such things to continue longer.

crissindahouse said:
hard to believe how much hate is in some against something to even do this to an own kid.

It wasn't a hateful letter. Some of the responses here definitely are, tho

neerdowell said:

This and Kasz posts make the most sense to me. The usual responses as usual are full of hatred.

The Son's better off without him if his Dad's gonna be like that.