By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony having a difficult time getting third party support for the Vita

Chark said:

I think you misunderstand though. Vita can play games and media on PS3 through remote play, which is the most useful if you can set it up so you can play anywhere you have an internet connection. (great for vacations, those overseas, stuff like that)

Yes, most people go on vacation to play videogames ...

Chark said:

These games though are for each system with the Vita version being cheaper than the console one ($40 as opposed to $60?) and in some cases, and I hope in most, they come free with that $60 purchase of the PS3 title. Not all titles apply, but you get what I mean, it's advantageous to have both. Handheld games have traditionally held cheaper price points than consoles, so you win out buying the handhelf version.

Yes, of course. Many, many people want to pay 100$ to have the chance to play a game on PS3 & Vita. Free Vita game with a PS3 game? Wishful thinking. How could a publisher earn money when they give away Vita games for free?

Chark said:

As I've told other, I bought a Vita because its better than a PS3, PS3 2.0 if you will. It's a ton smaller and has a built in display. Cross game chat, better browser, more control inputs, and more apps. Unless someone is planning on tackeling a backlog of PS3 games, I'd recommend them get a Vita over a PS3 hands down.

Most people want to play games like CoD or Uncharted on the big screen with surround sound etc. not on a tiny Vita screen with worse graphics. Obviously there are not many people who wants to play Uncharted in bus or train.

The Vita is a misconcept and the last nail in the coffin for Sony. Perhaps there is a little chance for the Vita if it sells millions in the next holidays, but this is wishful thinking and will not happen.

Around the Network

Tonight will be very telling as to how the vita performs this holiday season and going into next year. Sony has to go all out. If not it will drift into mediocrity which is a big shame because the vita is such a good system. But there's a lot Sony can still do so I'm confident it will succeed.

logic56 said:
*turns brain off*

Sony releasing games on both the Vita and PS3......it's almost as if......they want both experiences to compliment each other, as if.....they had cross play or something O_o like, it's targeting owners of the PS3, like maybe... that was the whole point......nahhhh Sony would never do that, they clearly want the Vita to be a 3DS, and targeting Mario lovers and fucking 4 year olds, that makes, so much more sense

*turns brain back on*

so that's what's it like, Jesus, I now understand

If nothing else, I have to say that I admire your passion.

logic56 said:
*turns brain off*

Sony releasing games on both the Vita and PS3......it's almost as if......they want both experiences to compliment each other, as if.....they had cross play or something O_o like, it's targeting owners of the PS3, like maybe... that was the whole point......nahhhh Sony would never do that, they clearly want the Vita to be a 3DS, and targeting Mario lovers and fucking 4 year olds, that makes, so much more sense

*turns brain back on*

so that's what's it like, Jesus, I now understand

"*turns brain off*"

Still looks likeyour usual self

Iagreewith d21lewis tough.

logic56 said:
fucking 4 year olds

In Sony's defense. They've never done that.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
logic56 said:
fucking 4 year olds

LOL!

People keep saying that COD players want to play at home on screen and that it will fail on Vita, but I think it's being underestimated.

This is COD we're talking about, it's more popular than oxygen.

Plus, individual games are short enough to have pick-up-and-play value for gaming on the go.

A proper portable COD experience could be massive if the "I have to get it to play the latest COD with my friends" effect kicks in.

Play4Fun said:
Galaki said:
logic56 said:
fucking 4 year olds

LOL!

Dammit I love you Galaki...  XD

curl-6 said:
People keep saying that COD players want to play at home on screen and that it will fail on Vita, but I think it's being underestimated.

This is COD we're talking about, it's more popular than oxygen.

Plus, individual games are short enough to have pick-up-and-play value for gaming on the go.

A proper portable COD experience could be massive if the "I have to get it to play the latest COD with my friends" effect kicks in.

I think the thing with CoD is the online gaming and that all your friends have it.Most people dont even play the single player campaign.

Do you think it will be able to generate the same kind of Buzz on a system that is looking like a very risky and pricy purchase? For it to work it has to be marketed very very well. Something like a summer release might be the best idea to have people adopt the portable version.

But you have to think... why would activision bother will all this when its such a huge risk? Sony must be throwing them money to cover those risks. I am actually still quite surprised activision cleared the project knowing how greedy they are.

Galaki said:
logic56 said:
fucking 4 year olds

Golden!