By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision boss: our rivals are hurting the market with "less than adequate" games

This coming from the company that absolutely destroyed the music game genre by releasing way too many iterations in far too short a time. Quite hypocritical, honestly.

Even some of my die-hard CoD friends have been telling me after MW3 they're not all that excited about Black Ops II. I think Activision is a sh***y game developer, and the only reason I'd ever buy a product from them is because they incidentally are merged with Blizzard and I play Starcraft II competitively.

Around the Network

the problem isn't that we have too less great games, the problem is that most don't buy the best games and buy cod instead. most innovative games just don't sell as long as they aren't scripted like hell using as much as possible explosions in trailers to please the average gamer.

so what he really wanted to say is "we have too less games like cod which make a lot of boom to attract people"

Ajescent said:
It has nothing to do with the yearly release of COD does it? Because that's all the DudeBro gamers get and nothing else...

Well to be perfectly fair no one is forcing them to buy those CODs all the time. Its not all that all the Dudebros get, their assloads of alternatives to COD, even in the FPS genre. But thats all they seem to want to play

bananaking21 said:
LMFAO!! yeah CoD is just pure high quality!!

It is!  I hated on CoD for years but I can't stop playing it right now.  I can go back to CoD2 (came with my 360 and I barely finished the first level) and spend a whole day playing it.  This coming from a guy that HATED FPS titles.  Now, in the last couple of months, it has become the most played genre in my house.

right...and you call that copy and paste shooter adequate???

Around the Network

"You know, if other people just stoped making games, we'd sell way more Call of Duties." - Activision's Director of Trolling

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Lots of people hate on COD but honestly those games for the most part are quality games

That being said other than that Activision as a whole has become a pretty horrible developer not counting the Blizzard side of course

crissindahouse said:

the problem isn't that we have too less great games, the problem is that most don't buy the best games and buy cod instead. most innovative games just don't sell as long as they aren't scripted like hell using as much as possible explosions in trailers to please the average gamer.

so what he really wanted to say is "we have too less games like cod which make a lot of boom to attract people"

I agree with you 100%.  Take the new first person game Dishonored for example.  This game looks like a breath of fresh air.  While not being totally innovative, it looks like a pretty solid title.  My point being that Dishonored will probably only sell a fourth of the amount that call of duty sales, and COD is the same freaking game every year.  People just see the words call of duty and automatically think it's the greatest game ever created.  I am hoping people will start to open their eyes and realize that COD is really not that great.  

I would like to see infinity ward created another COD but not market it as a COD game and see how much it sales.  It would be hilarious if it sold horribly, but I doubt it would because it will still have infinity ward's name attached to it.

bananaking21 said:
LMFAO!! yeah CoD is just pure high quality!!

sarcasm is back online!

BenVTrigger said:
Lots of people hate on COD but honestly those games for the most part are quality games

That being said other than that Activision as a whole has become a pretty horrible developer not counting the Blizzard side of course

No doubt they are quality games, good games. But their massive sales attract a user base that only cares about that title and don't contribute much to other great games. A reason why some have gone as far as call it a casual game, but yes I've enjoyed Call of Duty, single player as well. People are over critical of the series because of its popularity and general stagnation going unchecked by tremendous sales strength.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(