By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - While Nintendo is killing off the Wii, Square-Enix is hoping to keep it alive for 10 years more

Tagged games:

I really think Square regrets releasing this game so late in the wii life cycle.

This decision will hurt their sales.

They should cancel the wii version and release only the Wii U version instead.

Around the Network

If the Wii and Wii U version support is from the same network infrastructure and it is minimal work to support both versions, why the heck not.

10 years still a long time... I doubt the Wii U will be around that long and also the games graphics and other technical elements would surely become even more outdated as developers learn to better utilize the Wii U capabilities.

Perfect! DQX will kill off the WiiU in Japan, since everyone will be playing it on Wii.

I am really really hoping for a 3DS version of DQ11. It's not that I think a console version will be bad, it is more about how awesome the DS DQ9 was, I would really love to see something that takes that game as a base and leaps forward with it - making more story content and characters that rival DQ5.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

ryuzaki57 said:
Perfect! DQX will kill off the WiiU in Japan, since everyone will be playing it on Wii.

That would make you happy.

@OP. As Gamerace suggested they should offer a trade-in program for Wii disks into Wii U disks if there is any content current members would be missing out on.