By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "New IP is the lifeblood of the industry"

Tagged games:

not sure about new, but great game,and great ip?? yea sure bringthem on. love thier focus on new ip, and i hope it continues into the future.

Around the Network

Vita is passing the days of PS3, getting the same hate... No Gamez...

Level1Death said:
Wrong. Good games are the lifeblood of the industry.

This is very true. While being a new IP has certain bonus points and new blood to add to the industry, being a good game is the absolute most important part.

Only console I need for my gaming needs. I just love sony and the games they come out with.

Other companies need to take note.

That's what I always liked about Sony, you always have a large variety of games, not the same thing over and over.

Around the Network

Absolutely right. That's why Sony is by far my favourite of the main 3 gaming companies.

Just make it good and everything is fine.

There is certainly a benefit to pushing out new IPs at the end of the generation: by then you can do things with the hardware that are more ambitious, yet at the same time cheaper due to the degree to which the hardware has been mastered. If you get a superhit, great, then you have something new and strong with which to lead into the next generation (which could work out well for Sony with Last of Us), if not, then it's less likely to be as damning as a Lair or a Haze, run early in the gen when (especially for PS3) development costs were higher.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

So true. This is why I will continue to invest in Sony no matter how I feel about consoles at this point. Dedicated console gamers should feel proud when they hear statements like this.

Mario is the lifeblood of the industry
sales prove that
this is just Sony propaganda