By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia hasn't changed

Kasz216 said:

I mean, I don't get what your point is, to keep bringing up extreme versions of american law that are more serious crimes, and got less serious jail time.

Vandalism is by no means a serious crime, and yes, yet another swastika guy in the US got quite a lot for this kind of crime. Criminal Code of RF has this for vandalism:

...наказывается штрафом в размере до сорока тысяч рублей или в размере заработной платы или иного дохода осужденного за период до трех месяцев, либо обязательными работами на срок до трехсот шестидесяти часов, либо исправительными работами на срок до одного года, либо арестом на срок до трех месяцев.

Up to $1300 charge, work up to 360 hours or sentence up to 3 months. So yeah, that's a LOT by our standards.

Girls got their 2 years out of 7 possible years as it stated in article 214, p.2 of Criminal Code. Granted they were prosecuted in hooliganism, not vandalism, meaning it's more serious shit. Though in old 1960 RSFSR code all of them would have been prosecuted in hooliganism (no vandalism article at the time) with max sentence up to 1 year (yeah, modern editions are far more severe than Soviet ones, which pretty much obvious by how prison population went up, nothing comparable to American heights though, lol).

So you're asking why US legal system is a mess? Probably because you got stupid precedent law out there. Here:

Legend:
Blue = normal countries
Orange = somewhat normal countries
Red  = lawyer's paradise, f***ing mess for everyone else :D

Been lurking over the web and found continuation of month-old story, how could I have forgotten about this? Brilliant examples of American patriots in comments there, they're wondering why it's such a mess, too :D

//As for the my point, I don't have any. That's what I should have asked you, since that's YOU who started stupid discusssion, I just having fun :D But again it doesn't seem anyone here's making any point, since nobody is discussing the actual topic, which's annoying and boring (silly me, what'd you expect from gaming forum?).

Around the Network

Hooliganism isn't even a crime here. They said something in a church, and were prosecuted for it... how that is worse then vandalism and breaking and entering I don't quite get.

All your post shows is that they shouldn't of even spent 3 months in jail.

Kasz216 said:
Hooliganism isn't even a crime here. They said something in a church, and were prosecuted for it... how that is worse then vandalism and breaking and entering I don't quite get.

Breach of the peace

It's matter of semantics, call it somehow differently if you wish. A lot of crimes that went under different definitions in the US, would have been considered a hooliganism case in the normal (blue) countries. Again, your stupid legal system, why you're not normal like rest of the world. Even Sharia is better!

Err?

You fast!

@ to the guy saying Putin dominated smth

Ok, I've made an effort, found and read the damn thing. Again? What was the problem here, don't get it :D Pretty typical act, stating the obvious, i.e. judicial immunity. It's more or less the same in all 'normal countries', in order to prosecute the judge you need judges council to look into it and give it a green light. Admitted, it's harder in the US and probably in the rest of 'mess countries', since to the best of my knowledge in the US you need to actually impeach the judge to sent him to jail or whatever.

Seems like journalists making news out of nothing, oh well, expected, people never read acts they're referring to :D Law is boring outside of the US.

mai said:

Kasz216 said:

Breach of the peace

It's matter of semantics, call it somehow differently if you wish. A lot of crimes that went under different definitions in the US, would have been considered a hooliganism case in the normal (blue) countries. Again, your stupid legal system, why you're not normal like rest of the world. Even Sharia is better!

Err?

You fast!

@ to the guy saying Putin dominated smth

Ok, I've made an effort, found and read the damn thing. Again? What was the problem here, don't get it :D Pretty typical act, stating the obvious, i.e. judicial immunity. It's more or less the same in all 'normal countries', in order to prosecute the judge you need judges council to look into it and give it a green light. Admitted, it's harder in the US and probably in the rest of 'mess countries', since to the best of my knowledge in the US you need to actually impeach the judge to sent him to jail or whatever.

Seems like journalists making news out of nothing, oh well, expected, people never read acts they're referring to :D Law is boring outside of the US.

It's pretty simple, for the 50th time, the crime pussy riot committed was less serious then vandalism.  Therefore the crime would be lesser.

What they did in the US would not, have been a crime.

I don't know why some random uncited graph is supposed to change anything.

Also, yeah, minors identities are generaly protected when they comit crimes... I don't see your point?

I mean, explain how talking about how Putin sucks, and how religion should turn on him = vandalism.

Kasz216 said:

I mean, explain how talking about how Putin sucks, and how religion should turn on him = vandalism.

Again... err? Where did I state anything like that?

As for the "not a crime in the US", well, maybe... in order to go to jail for year or two you simply need to draw swastika in synagogue. Such a horrendous crime :D

Around the Network
mai said:
Kasz216 said:

Again... err? Where did I state anything like that?

As for the "not a crime in the US", well, maybe... in order to go to jail for year or two you simply need to draw swastika in synagogue. Such a horrendous crime :D

Isn't that the point of the arguement?

You keep bringing up vandalism, as if it was worse then what Pussy Riot did.

Which, wouldn't of been a crime in the US.

Otherwise, what's the point of bringing up the vandalism?

Also, as previously stated, that guy didn't get a year or two.

Another one got somewhere from 1 to 2 years from hitting many synoguges and actually wanting to go to jail.

mai said:

Vandalism is by no means a serious crime, and yes, yet another swastika guy in the US got quite a lot for this kind of crime. Criminal Code of RF has this for vandalism:

...наказывается штрафом в размере до сорока тысяч рублей или в размере заработной платы или иного дохода осужденного за период до трех месяцев, либо обязательными работами на срок до трехсот шестидесяти часов, либо исправительными работами на срок до одного года, либо арестом на срок до трех месяцев.

Up to $1300 charge, work up to 360 hours or sentence up to 3 months. So yeah, that's a LOT by our standards.

Girls got their 2 years out of 7 possible years as it stated in article 214, p.2 of Criminal Code. Granted they were prosecuted in hooliganism, not vandalism, meaning it's more serious shit. Though in old 1960 RSFSR code all of them would have been prosecuted in hooliganism (no vandalism article at the time) with max sentence up to 1 year (yeah, modern editions are far more severe than Soviet ones, which pretty much obvious by how prison population went up, nothing comparable to American heights though, lol).

It's quite suprising that your laws are tougher now then they were under the soviet union, i'm very suprised. It's good they only got 2 years but i don't think they should of been jailed at all, it don't help that they happened to be criticising Putin to be honest. For what they did, in that church, they should of got a big fine and some community service. As i don't see how vandalism or even hooliganism is worthy of time in jail, when there are far more serious crimes. At least, pussy riot did not get the 7 years!!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

^You tell me what the point of the argument :D

Mine "maybe" is to solely point to the fact it depends on state's authorities, hence the legal term breach of the peace, which is the closest analogy of hooliganism (again as a legal term) I could think of. Yeah, sometimes it got categorized as a crime.

//Though not a perfect analogy, "hooliganism of a lesser degree" would be a better anaolgy. Isn't considered a crime here, misdemeanor it is, regulated by Administrative Code (fines + up to 15 days in custody).

Sad but true =(

mai said:

^You tell me what the point of the argument :D

Mine "maybe" is to solely point to the fact it depends on state's authorities, hence the legal term breach of the peace, which is the closest analogy of hooliganism (again as a legal term) I could think of. Yeah, sometimes it got categorized as a crime.

//Though not a perfect analogy, "hooliganism of a lesser degree" would be a better anaolgy. Isn't considered a crime here, misdemeanor it is, regulated by Administrative Code (fines + up to 15 days in custody).

Did you read what breach of the peace meant in the USA?

I'm guessing you meant maybe distrubing the peace?

So... your arguement is, maybe Pussy Riot members would of gotten like a $50 fine for doing the same thing... if they happened to be in one of a few unlucky states?

Since they got 2 years i still really don't see your point.

The sentence was ridiculiously overblown, and they shouldn't of had to pay more then a paltry fine to begin with, let alone be kept in jail for so long before the trial.