By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you Racist and Why?

RageBot said:

Every attribute is "physical", that's because there's nothing "non-physical" in the universe.

The brain functions on physical attributes, how fast the action potentials can run, how fast your synapses can have LTP, how much neurotransmitors are released in each action potential, how many synapses can your brain have, how big is your Pre-Frontal Cortex, how fast does your Amygdala react, how much testosterone there's in your body, how much serotonin is there in your BIS compared to your BAS and so on.

Everything's physical, and everything traces to genetics way more than it does to enviorment, just like with height.

I mean physiologically visible at a glance. But what you're saying is very true, so much reason more to be not racist, because so much is physically happening that we have no view on without special equipment and tools, and things so complex that makes it clear that we're all human.

It saddens me to think that some would consider certain races lesser than others for whatever reason. For example, being smarter doesn't make you a better person, and there are anyways smart people in all races. Being stronger doesn't make you superior, since there are ways for a person to maybe be not so strong, but probably whittier.

Around the Network

I have something of a paradox where this is concerned.

I have a thing against Indians... because my best friend is Indian. The sheer amount of sexist sh!t I have seen her have to put up with from men (and even women) from her culture is sickening to me. She's been slandered, bullied and ostracized for daring to go to parties, to date guys, to wear shorts, to not want to abandon her career and immediately marry an Indian guy and become a submissive housewife/babymaker. She's 23 years old and a university student, for Pete's sake.

Now I know not all Indians are like this, (she's not, and neither are some of her friends) but when so many of the ones I know are, yeah, I make generalizations, based on my experience and the experiences of my friends.

If you're Indian and you're not a male supremacist, cool. Glad to know the douche bags at my Uni don't represent the entirety of your country.

NintendoPie said:
Faxanadu said:
Seems my Quoting button doesn work. Anyways, cris described it perfectly.

Preferring girls just because of their race (e.g. Asian) and putting specific attributes toward that race (e.g. slender, hot, black hair) is pure racism.

That's called a preference. Which every human in the world has.

Every one except those stinkin' Neutrals, that is.

The only people i truly hate are self loathing white PC liberals

happydolphin said:
RageBot said:

Every attribute is "physical", that's because there's nothing "non-physical" in the universe.

The brain functions on physical attributes, how fast the action potentials can run, how fast your synapses can have LTP, how much neurotransmitors are released in each action potential, how many synapses can your brain have, how big is your Pre-Frontal Cortex, how fast does your Amygdala react, how much testosterone there's in your body, how much serotonin is there in your BIS compared to your BAS and so on.

Everything's physical, and everything traces to genetics way more than it does to enviorment, just like with height.

I mean physiologically visible at a glance. But what you're saying is very true, so much reason more to be not racist, because so much is physically happening that we have no view on without special equipment and tools, and things so complex that makes it clear that we're all human.

It saddens me to think that some would consider certain races lesser than others for whatever reason. For example, being smarter doesn't make you a better person, and there are anyways smart people in all races. Being stronger doesn't make you superior, since there are ways for a person to maybe be not so strong, but probably whittier.

Well, all other things equal, a smarter "race" is obviously superior, because while some races have not even came up with written language or the wheel (sub-saharan africa), other races have came up with the atomic bomb.

Anyway, the point is this, people should accept the fact that races are different, some races are stupider than other races, some are faster, some are stronger.

However, every person must be treated as an individual, without any discrimination.

That also means that if a certain group doesn't perform as well as another in certain fields, it doesn't mean that there's descrimination agaisnt them, but that probably, on average, they're just weaker in that aspect (like whie people and basketball, it's just that black people are better at that).

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network
RageBot said:
happydolphin said:
RageBot said:

Well, all other things equal, a smarter "race" is obviously superior, because while some races have not even came up with written language or the wheel (sub-saharan africa), other races have came up with the atomic bomb.

Anyway, the point is this, people should accept the fact that races are different, some races are stupider than other races, some are faster, some are stronger.

However, every person must be treated as an individual, without any discrimination.

That also means that if a certain group doesn't perform as well as another in certain fields, it doesn't mean that there's descrimination agaisnt them, but that probably, on average, they're just weaker in that aspect (like whie people and basketball, it's just that black people are better at that).

@bold. First thing, that doesn't exist. There is no such thing as a smarter race. You'll find morons everywhere, and geniuses in every race.

Second, even if such a race existed, nothing about smarts would make it superior. There are other things that matter in humanity, such as compassion, empathy, creativity. Smarts is only one side of the picture. So I really disagree.

Races are different, and certain may have better physical qualities in one way over another. But when it comes to intelligence, I would be hard-pressed to find one more intelligent than another. Plus, how would you know, how would you measure that, by technological advancements? Puh-lease. There have been technological advancements in all civilisations of the world. Some have just been less fortunate for x y z reasons.

You're using the athletics argument to support the intelligence argument. It doesn't work that way because there is a portion of humanity within the heart and the mind. So for one to be lesser in that makes them an inferior race, which is not something I believe is a reality. As for athletics, nobody would complain about a certain race being more athletic than another. Then again, that is a gross generalization, since there are a lot of athletes in all races, some even better due to properties the other race doesn't have. B-Ball is one where blacks are at an advantage because many are quite tall. Mind you, if basketball were a huge sport in Holland, I'm pretty sure you'd see a different demographic within the sport. It then falls down to cultural considerations.

Most of my friends aren't white, but I call them nigger or paki all the time... as a joke of course. Hell I'm starting to call one of my best friends "stable buck" (nickname for "the nigger" in Of Mice and Men) more than his actual name. Me and my friend (he's pakistani) have given a nickname to a group of black students in our school. We wear all black uniforms, and these guys are really dark skinned... we call them "the shadows."

I'm not racist though, it's all in good fun, but I think I need to stop because it's becoming too natural for me to use those words and they might end up slipping out around the wrong people.

Faxanadu said:
Of course. Everyone has racial prejudices, be them good or bad.

Every shy white teenager on this forum who dreams of Japanese/ Asian girls is racist, and so is everyone else on here.

ninpie is by far the most racist person here 

happydolphin said:
RageBot said:
happydolphin said:
RageBot said:

@bold. First thing, that doesn't exist. There is no such thing as a smarter race. You'll find morons everywhere, and geniuses in every race.

Second, even if such a race existed, nothing about smarts would make it superior. There are other things that matter in humanity, such as compassion, empathy, creativity. Smarts is only one side of the picture. So I really disagree.

Races are different, and certain may have better physical qualities in one way over another. But when it comes to intelligence, I would be hard-pressed to find one more intelligent than another. Plus, how would you know, how would you measure that, by technological advancements? Puh-lease. There have been technological advancements in all civilisations of the world. Some have just been less fortunate for x y z reasons.

You're using the athletics argument for intelligence. It doesn't work that way because there is a portion of humanity within the heart and the mind. So for one to be lesser in that makes them an inferior race, which is not something I believe is a reality. As for athletics, nobody would complain about a certain race being more athletic than another. Then again, that is a gross generalization, since there are a lot of athletes in all races, some even better due to properties the other race doesn't have. B-Ball is one where blacks are at an advantage because many are quite tall. Mind you, if basketball were a huge sport in Holland, I'm pretty sure you'd see a different demographic within the sport. It then falls down to cultural considerations.

No, you are wrong, agriculture was developed in aub-saharn africa 4,000 years ago, compared to 10,000 in around europe, there are no cities in sub-saharan africa, there's nothing, nothing, nothing, it's not that different cultures had different contribution to technology/civilization/whatever, it's that classic greece came up with the basics of math and so on, and than european pretty much developed the rest, you can debate arabs during the first khaleefs period coming up with algebra, and that the chinese were the first to use gunpowder, however, everything else - physics, biology, chemistry, were created by europeans (herp derp white people)
It is because they are stupider, on average.
When you don't have several enviormental pressures, you can't have a natural selection towards intelligence, and that selection created different pressures in itself, when people can grow food, the people who can wait longer for the crops, (IE, are less impulsive) have more children, and thus there's a very fast selection towards certain traits (that's called a "genetic sweep").
That's also why ~90% of black/asian people are lactose intolerant, they never domesticated cows, while in the case of europeans, the domestication gave a very distinct advantage to lactose tolerant indivisuals (a ton of extra calcium), so they had a *lot* more children, to the point when they became the dominant majority.

Also, empathy and so on are traits that better benefit more intelligent communities, when you can grow your own food, you gain more from helping the weak, since while a weak person won't be able to hunt a mammoth, he will be able to grow crops.

@Bolded - And that's the difference between you and I, I can send you researches that show that IQ is inherited, the effects on IQ on everything, books upon books on the evolution of human race and development of civilization, of researches that show specific genes that have a linear effect on IQ, and pretty much every piece of information that validates my claims, but you won't "believe" that, and that's because your point of view is based on what you want to be true, not what is true, what "should" be true, and that's a bad way to look at the world, because the truth is the truth, wether we believe it to be the truth, wether it's comfortable that it's the truth.
You can argue about "what is superior" but stuff like "There have been technological advancements in all civilisations of the world." is wrong, simply wrong, and about the part that "if it isn't true it's because of x y z", these things also affect genetics.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Most of my friends aren't white, but I call them nigger or paki all the time... as a joke of course. Hell I'm starting to call one of my best friends "stable buck" (nickname for "the nigger" in Of Mice and Men) more than his actual name. Me and my friend (he's pakistani) have given a nickname to a group of black students in our school. We wear all black uniforms, and these guys are really dark skinned... we call them "the shadows."

I'm not racist though, it's all in good fun, but I think I need to stop because it's becoming too natural for me to use those words and they might end up slipping out around the wrong people.

I'm kind of the same, I always imply that my Chinese friend is Japanese. I think when you make jokes like that it gets rid of racial tension.