By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles Vs The Last Story, which should I get???

which should I get?

Xenoblade Chronicles 79 66.39%

The Last Story 40 33.61%

Total:119
darthdevidem01 said:
Xenoblade, because it'll take you a month or two to finish it. By then The Last Story will have had many a price cut.

Both are worth buying, I gave you the cheapest option.

It took me two weeks. less then 70 hours.

Around the Network

I laugh at the guy who says that TLS has a better soundtrack. Just...no.

And why are people either posting or commenting if they haven't played either game, let alone both?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I liked Xenoblade initially but they kept piling stuff onto the battle system too frequently and I just stoppled playing it. It was like they were giving me something new every few minutes before I had a chance to get used to what they'd just shown me. I just stopped playing it.

I'm hoping that The Last Story is more like a traditional JRPG like I used to play in the SNES/PS1 days. I guess I'm afraid of change.

I was also deciding between those two games and everyone seems to think Xenoblade is much better. So you should get that one.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Where did you get to D21? The last addition to the battle system is Spike, which is seldom used, and is introduced at around 25% of the way into the game. The only 'overwhelming' area is Colony 9, but the tutorials talk you through it.

I fear you may do over-reacting

Around the Network

It depends on the review but i would say the last story since it is an interesting games for me

Soriku said:
Snesboy said:
How is Xenoblade better? I heard it was a single player MMO essentially.

Well, the battle system borrows from MMOs in terms of selecting attacks from a palette and cooldowns (but still very fast-paced and hands-on/active), and it has loads of quests (~480 quests. A lot are fetch quests though.). The world is also MASSIVE. The game still has a good story, good characters, and good music like any great RPG too though. It's a JRPG that borrows from MMOs, that's all. Its not like Monster Hunter.

I suggest getting Xenoblade too since the general consensus is that Xenoblade is better. It'll also last you longer (50-60+ hour main story, 100+ if you add in a lot of sidequests. I have 157 hours clocked and I'm missing some Achievements though I did everything else.)

I prefer shorter games. Xenoblade would have been great if I was 16 again. But now I have a backlog so huge, I only buy games that are short so I can actually finish them.

Conegamer said:

And why are people either posting or commenting if they haven't played either game, let alone both?

What part of this discussion made you think it was cool to be condescending to other people, exactly

I'm not being condesceding. I just don't understand why a thread which asks for a reccomendation, people throw in their opinions despite not having any experience.

I could get it if they said pros and cons (e.g. Xenoblade has a larger world, but the sidequests aren't as fleshed-out as TLS), but that doesn't seem to be the case. But obviously, everyone has different tastes, so asking for opinions is always difficult. I apologise if that came across wrong.

Conegamer said:
I'm not being condesceding. I just don't understand why a thread which asks for a reccomendation, people throw in their opinions despite not having any experience.

I could get it if they said pros and cons (e.g. Xenoblade has a larger world, but the sidequests aren't as fleshed-out as TLS), but that doesn't seem to be the case. But obviously, everyone has different tastes, so asking for opinions is always difficult. I apologise if that came across wrong.

No I think you communicated that pretty clearly.