By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - USA Election Question... Are we better off than we were 4 years ago?

Is America in a better place than it was 4 years ago?

Yes 26 44.83%

No 20 34.48%

Same 12 20.69%

Total:58

Since the USA Presidential Election will be coming up in a few months, the only real question to choose for whom to vote (trying not to end in a preposition), is are we better off than we were 4 years ago or the same or worse.  This is a complex question because naturally some things have gotten better and others worse.  It is really a matter of have the important things gotten better.  Not exactly sure what those important things are myself.  I honestly do not think things have really changed too much since President Bush left office, but that's just me.  

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

Around the Network

Things are similar, but considering what happened 3 years and 11 months ago, I'd say that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Love and tolerate.

We are not better off, which I sure is pleasing to all the countries that despise us.

Train wreck said:
We are not better off, which I sure is pleasing to all the countries that despise us.

Actually its not, because most countries have a love affair going on with Barack Obama, and if the economy is still in the toiled by November and he loses, those countries that cheered for his election (namely most of Europe) are going to be pissed.  Too bad for them.

And we are definitely not better today than 4 years ago.  Unemployment is still way above 8% when we were promised it would never go higher than 8% in the first place.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

We ended a war that should have never been started. This fact alone, makes us better off than we were. There are jobs popping up all over, such as Montana and North Dakota... Maybe anyone looking for one should take a look into something like that. Sitting in your same town complaining that there are 20,000 of you fighting over 300 new job posting sounds sad to me.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

Is America in a better place than it was 4 years ago?

No

Will it better in another 4 years?

No

Will it be better in 8 years?

No

Will it be better in 12 years?

No

Will it be better in your lifetime?

No

You get the point, maybe you don't. Goldman Sachs gets the point, maybe you should.

Even if Romney wins I'm pretty sure he will be a one turn president. And the country as a whole will not be off any better four years from now then if Obama wins another term.

No, not by any measure.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

We are slightly better than a tanking economy, I think.
However, I don't expect to be better in 4 years even if Obama stays in office because I expect the same "no" legislation from the right during all 4 of those years.

spurgeonryan said:
Wars are about to end and have ended, stock is doing alright, unemployment is not too bad, there is a start on americas health standards, oil spill was handled well but katrina is still bein worked on. Debt is going down a bit this year, gas prices not too bad, etc.

It has not been great, but we are finally digging out of the hole bush and partly obama had put us in.

I just checked the Debt Clock http://www.usdebtclock.org/  This time last year I remember very vividly (because I first saw it during an internship last summer) that the overall debt was 14 trillion.  Now it's nearly 60 trillion.  And unemployment is still hovering around 8% http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000 as it has for nearly all of Obama's presidency vs. Bush's 5%.  I am not a Bush supporter by any means, but people often over-exaggerate his faults as is the same for most presidents I suppose.  

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost