By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up - 21 July 2012

pezus said:
Conegamer said:
Pezus- No, I'm using the figures from Nintendo, who always use Sold numbers.

Uhm, that is wrong. In their fiscal releases everyone uses shipped numbers.

thats right.  The only company I know who used the actual sold number was Apple and thats was becuase Ipad 2 demand was off the charts, they couldnt make them fast enough.

Around the Network

Well, they said sold in the results (hence I assumed sold), but perhaps 150-200k under is more accurate.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

Did they release the european numbers and such for all consoles? Or is it still just nintendo consoles?

Conegamer said:

Actually, the 3DSXL came out here in Europe on Friday, so sales will be included next week.

TBH, I expected worse from the 3DS. And the Wii back above 50k, as I predicted for this week. But I did not predict that Vita fall. What a nightmare! It'll likely be below 40k in a couple weeks!

That's right! I forgot about its early European release. Another interesting thing to watch will be how well the XL takes off in Europe without accompanying the release of New Super 2, as in Japan and Europe.

I also expected worse of 3DS the week before a new model -- especially in Europe. 3DS hardware sales were lower than that 5 of the past 12 weeks.

Farsala said:
Conegamer said:

Did they release the european numbers and such for all consoles? Or is it still just nintendo consoles?

Only Ninty consoles, it also suggested the 3DS has sold 20mil units. And NSMB2 isn't out for weeks, yet the 3DSXL is out over here, so any boosts in Europe over the coming weeks will be for the XL only.

Around the Network

Odd. Wii is on the positive? For USA? And for UK? 4%, but surprising nonetheless.

Wii has been on the up for the past few weeks now. Helped by the increase in Japan due to Kirby, but there's certainly an upwards trend. I could understand the UK for the Olympics, but...

CGI-Quality said:
phenom08 said:
@Frozone because it's not exactly 2,000,000. Its still a little above that and the PS3 is eating into the the gap slowly.

Actually, it's below 2 mill:

PS3

X360

Difference:                                                       1,965,795

And that's as of last week. 

Those numbers will suffer adjustments soon.

No way its 3.3m in shipments and only 1m in sales, something is wrong unless sony shipped 3m console last quarter.

the wii really has dropped from its grace utterly awful, 3ds should see big boosts due to xl + new super mario 2

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

CGI-Quality said:
phenom08 said:
@Frozone because it's not exactly 2,000,000. Its still a little above that and the PS3 is eating into the the gap slowly.

Actually, it's below 2 mill:

PS3

X360

Difference:                                                       1,965,795

And that's as of last week. 

used to be almost 10 million at one point

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...