By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Nintendo didnt moneyhat Monster Hunter.

Andrespetmonkey said:
phenom08 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
phenom08 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Why do you think MH would do bad on Vita? Install base isn't an issue. MH takes care of that issue.

Install bass is an issue, you are assuming that MH would boost the VIta by like 3 million alone, you are clearly in denial if you believe thatReleasing on a platform with a large userbase gives MH more room to expand not expand a platform all on its own. Think from Capcom's shoes not your own, you want MH because Vita is a failure without it but Capcom wants MH on 3DS because a larger install base allows for the franchise to grow. Please don't say then why not multiplatform when you know Capcom develops for one first and then ports later.

Lol... someone's aggressive. Relax, we're just talking about video games here... Anyway, yeah I think it'd boost the Vita's sales substantially, as it did for PSP. So it's install base would grow, and MH would sell. It's in capcoms best interest to go multi-platform, because there's money to be made on both platforms, not just on the 3DS.

Im not being aggressive, im just stating facts but i know how people can be and only want certain franchises to sell their favorite.

What the hell... I don't have some agenda and only want Vita to sell it... why do you make that assumption?

Money made on both is an assumption by you. Yes, yes it is. The Vita version could flop thanks to its poor userbase and how often does Capcom do multiplatformal releases on the same day for MH?

The PSP didn't have a big userbase when MH came out for it. MH was hugely successful on that platform. I think a lot of people would buy the VITA version over the 3DS version due to the better graphics and possibly better performance, and also due to the fact that a lot more people played MH on the previous Playstation handheld rather than the previous Nintendo handheld.

They havent done it in the recent past so why start now?

Why not?

I already know why its because it would boost the sells for a platform that really needs it.

Ok, sure, I agree it would do that, thanks for helping my case.

Be nice please, getting tired of all these bitter "you have some *insert one of the big 3 here* agenda!!!" posts.

Ok, Ill be nice. PSP was doing better than Vita, and those people played on previous PS handhelds because it was only available on those. Im not doubting some will choose Vita version but this all does sound like you want it on Vita because the Vita isnt doing so hot. Vita wasnt chosen for a reason, time to let it go. If it didnt flop it may have gotten it, for all we know the PSP may have not gotten its chance if DS wasnt so weak. Developers choose the platform they think best fit it and 3DS was clearly their decision, probably a smart decision looking at Vitas situation.

Around the Network
phenom08 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Be nice please, getting tired of all these bitter "you have some *insert one of the big 3 here* agenda!!!" posts.

Ok, Ill be nice. PSP was doing better than Vita, and those people played on previous PS handhelds because it was only available on those.

I'm aware of the exclusivitely, it's just that people will be aware of the series and familiar with playing it on a playstation.

Im not doubting some will choose Vita version but this all does sound like you want it on Vita because the Vita isnt doing so hot.

Why do you think that? 

But you aren't completely wrong, I do want it on Vita because the Vita is doing badly and I know it'll help. I've bought a VITA, I've made an investment in it, so it's only natural that I'd want the platform to be successful, and I know that a MH would help tremendously. But this isn't the crux of my argument at all.

Vita wasnt chosen for a reason, time to let it go. I'm not holding on. If it didnt flop it may have gotten it, for all we know the PSP may have not gotten its chance if DS wasnt so weak. Developers choose the platform they think best fit it and 3DS was clearly their decision, probably a smart decision looking at Vitas situation.

I stand by multi-platform being in their best interest. Even a ported 3DS version to the Vita would do well and certainly make money. Capcom's stock actually fell when MH was announced only for 3DS. 

Agree to disagree?

Andrespetmonkey said:
phenom08 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Ok, Ill be nice. PSP was doing better than Vita, and those people played on previous PS handhelds because it was only available on those.

I'm aware of the exclusivitely, it's just that people will be aware of the series and familiar with playing it on a playstation.

Im not doubting some will choose Vita version but this all does sound like you want it on Vita because the Vita isnt doing so hot.

Why do you think that? 

But you aren't completely wrong, I do want it on Vita because the Vita is doing badly and I know it'll help. I've bought a VITA, I've made an investment in it, so it's only natural that I'd want the platform to be successful, and I know that a MH would help tremendously. But this isn't the crux of my argument at all.

Vita wasnt chosen for a reason, time to let it go. I'm not holding on. If it didnt flop it may have gotten it, for all we know the PSP may have not gotten its chance if DS wasnt so weak. Developers choose the platform they think best fit it and 3DS was clearly their decision, probably a smart decision looking at Vitas situation.

I stand by multi-platform being in their best interest. Even a ported 3DS version to the Vita would do well and certainly make money. Capcom's stock actually fell when MH was announced only for 3DS. 

Agree to disagree?

I do agree with the multiplatformal release, its precisely what Ninty fans have been saying about all those other 3rd party games that see no release on Wii. But if a Wii fan does ask for a multiplatformal release we are all of a sudden begging for a game. Thats why im giving you such a hard time, im trying to show Sony fans and Xbox fans how annoying that is. Asking for a multiplatformal game is common sense. So now the roles are reversed and look at all the begging for a multiplatformal release on the Vita is happening. Also yes people will be more familiar with playing it on playstation, it was only released on playstation, that wouldnt effect sales at all and the 3DS version of MH may very well do better than the PSP versions thanks to a larger userbase its coming up on. GTA use to be only familiar on playstation by the way and the 360 version still outperformed.

It seems I was quoted in this thread, but unfortunately I cannot read it, as that whom I assume was the quoter, phenom08, has been banned yet again.

Pity.

phenom08 said:

I do agree with the multiplatformal release, its precisely what Ninty fans have been saying about all those other 3rd party games that see no release on Wii. But if a Wii fan does ask for a multiplatformal release we are all of a sudden begging for a game. Thats why im giving you such a hard time, im trying to show Sony fans and Xbox fans how annoying that is. Asking for a multiplatformal game is common sense. So now the roles are reversed and look at all the begging for a multiplatformal release on the Vita is happening. Also yes people will be more familiar with playing it on playstation, it was only released on playstation, that wouldnt effect sales at all and the 3DS version of MH may very well do better than the PSP versions thanks to a larger userbase its coming up on. GTA use to be only familiar on playstation by the way and the 360 version still outperformed.

Nintendo didn't WANT those games, they chose the type of gamer they wanted to go after and alienated everyone else. If you aren't that type of gamer then it's time to find another system. When it comes to Monster Hunter, SONY wants the game, the Vita's fanbase wants the game and it was an ex-exclusive, they have every right to beg for a multiplatform release.

As for GTA, I'm not sure whether to trust VGC's numbers (especially GTA3 selling 0.00m on XB), but I remember the GTA series being extremely popular on the original Xbox, not as much as the PS2 versions, but still very popular given the size of the user bases of both consoles.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
phenom08 said:

Nintendo didn't WANT those games, they chose the type of gamer they wanted to go after and alienated everyone else. If you aren't that type of gamer then it's time to find another system. When it comes to Monster Hunter, SONY wants the game, the Vita's fanbase wants the game and it was an ex-exclusive, they have every right to beg for a multiplatform release.

As for GTA, I'm not sure whether to trust VGC's numbers (especially GTA3 selling 0.00m on XB), but I remember the GTA series being extremely popular on the original Xbox, not as much as the PS2 versions, but still very popular given the size of the user bases of both consoles.

They didnt choose a thing lol. How about provide some proof for such a claim. They didnt alienate anyone, you chose not to buy it. Anyways no Sony gamers have no right to beg for it, if it doesnt come, it doesnt come. Being extremely popular on the XBox means nothing because it was way more popular on the PS2 and yet the Xbox 360 still stole a major chunk of the fanbase like what Ninty will do when MH4 releases on the 3DS.

brendude13 said:
phenom08 said:

They didnt choose a thing lol. How about provide some proof for such a claim. They didnt alienate anyone, you chose not to buy it. Anyways no Sony gamers have no right to beg for it, if it doesnt come, it doesnt come. Being extremely popular on the XBox means nothing because it was way more popular on the PS2 and yet the Xbox 360 still stole a major chunk of the fanbase like what Ninty will do when MH4 releases on the 3DS.

Good for Nintendo if they did. They basically cut Sony off at the knees.

Moneyhatting MH would be the smartest thing they've done in the last 10 years or so outside of the pursuing the Blue Ocean concepts for Wii/DS.