By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What has Obama done that is good for the World?

Tagged games:

HappySqurriel said:
NightDragon83 said:

CNN always had the most viewers because it used to be the only game in town, and was also available on just about every single basic cable or satellite package out there, whereas Fox and MSNBC were not available in all homes as not all cable / satellite providers carried them.

After the 2000 election and especially 9/11, Fox rose to prominence because they were the only ones to call the 2000 election correctly, and people started seeing through the bias that CNN had for Democrats and the left-wing in this country all these years (CNN was founded and run by ultra-liberal Ted Turner).

Until recently, CNN (at least) tried to appear non-partisan ...

I used to watch CNN in the gym in the morning while running on the treadmill. This was one of the channels you could count on being on one of the 6 gym TVs because one of the dozens of people working out would request it if it wasn't on. I don't exactly know why it was so popular but I suspect that most of the people were like me and wanted a show that had a lot of international and economic news and didn't want it to have an obvious political slant.

I watched the show for a full month after Soledad O'Brien took over, and (by then) I was done. Outside of wearing an "I ♥ Obama" T-Shirt there is little she didn't do to demonstrate her overwhelming favouritism.

I understand that some people hold certain beliefs very closely and can not remain impartial no matter how hard they try, but these people should never report on a news story when their beliefs are so strong. In the case of political beliefs, when someone believes that an individual or political party can do no wrong they should (probably) not be the anchor of a news show on a major news network because their bias will influence everything they report on.

But this is what the regular viewers want. CNN can't rely on crises to keep their viewership up.

Not that i agree with it, but business is business.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Giving speaches that inspire the world. Those I heard inspired me, and he seems to put the focus on the people and working together more than any other president I've heard before.

Now, that may be all talk and no do, but then again I don't follow american politics, I just listen to his main speaches.

Mr Khan said:
HappySqurriel said:
NightDragon83 said:

CNN always had the most viewers because it used to be the only game in town, and was also available on just about every single basic cable or satellite package out there, whereas Fox and MSNBC were not available in all homes as not all cable / satellite providers carried them.

After the 2000 election and especially 9/11, Fox rose to prominence because they were the only ones to call the 2000 election correctly, and people started seeing through the bias that CNN had for Democrats and the left-wing in this country all these years (CNN was founded and run by ultra-liberal Ted Turner).

Until recently, CNN (at least) tried to appear non-partisan ...

I used to watch CNN in the gym in the morning while running on the treadmill. This was one of the channels you could count on being on one of the 6 gym TVs because one of the dozens of people working out would request it if it wasn't on. I don't exactly know why it was so popular but I suspect that most of the people were like me and wanted a show that had a lot of international and economic news and didn't want it to have an obvious political slant.

I watched the show for a full month after Soledad O'Brien took over, and (by then) I was done. Outside of wearing an "I ♥ Obama" T-Shirt there is little she didn't do to demonstrate her overwhelming favouritism.

I understand that some people hold certain beliefs very closely and can not remain impartial no matter how hard they try, but these people should never report on a news story when their beliefs are so strong. In the case of political beliefs, when someone believes that an individual or political party can do no wrong they should (probably) not be the anchor of a news show on a major news network because their bias will influence everything they report on.

But this is what the regular viewers want. CNN can't rely on crises to keep their viewership up.

Not that i agree with it, but business is business.

That's the problem, it was the complete opposite of what viewers wanted:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-06-28/news/32461227_1_cnn-ratings-msnbc-anderson-cooper

"In prime time, CNN averaged 446,000 total viewers, with 129,000 in the 25-54 demographic that advertisers covet. That’s down 35% and 41%, respectively, from the second quarter of 2011."

spurgeonryan said:

But The Bush was never able to close the deal, Obama did. Obviously not Afghanistan though.

Obama just followed Bush's withdrawal plans. Had Bush still been president he would have pulled them out at the same time. That was the plan all along 

aikohualda said:
What has other president done that is good for the world???
fill it in...
George W. Bush - ??????
Bill Clinton - Made fellatio cool again
Bush (senior) - ??????
Reagan - ????
Ford - ??????
Nixon - The first pres to throw up DUECES
Johnsn - ???????
JFK - Made Marilyn Monroe mainstream
Eisenhower - ???????
Truman - ????????
Roosevelt - Wheelchair Stuntin
...and so on

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

First off, it's not the job of the US president to do anything for the world. One would hope he's too busy doing stuff for the USA.

Secondly, after the complete disaster Bush left the US in (stuck in two extremely expensive and mostly pointless wars, collasped economy, reduced world presence) no one could be expected to look good. I'm only surprised Obama still looks as good as he does considering the mess he had to clean up.

SaviorX said:
aikohualda said:
What has other president done that is good for the world???
fill it in...
George W. Bush - ??????
Bill Clinton - Made fellatio cool again
Bush (senior) - ??????
Reagan - ????
Ford - ??????
Nixon - The first pres to throw up DUECES
Johnsn - ???????
JFK - Made Marilyn Monroe mainstream
Eisenhower - ???????
Truman - ????????
Roosevelt - Wheelchair Stuntin
...and so on

he just dropped his cigarette!

His greatest legacy when everything is said and done will be the fact that he's added $4 trillion USD in debt to our country, and could easily be much higher if he remains in office.

That will do more to damage the US and world than any sort of military or economic policy. It WILL cause our country to collapse, because neither side will fix it, just like Obama.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

spurgeonryan said:
mrstickball said:
His greatest legacy when everything is said and done will be the fact that he's added $4 trillion USD in debt to our country, and could easily be much higher if he remains in office.

That will do more to damage the US and world than any sort of military or economic policy. It WILL cause our country to collapse, because neither side will fix it, just like Obama.

You think someone else will do better? I think maybe MCain or Hilary could have told them what is up, but they are not running this time around. All we are getting is more elite Rich who do not actually care about anything but themselves just like Bush Jr. That goes double for Romney.

Do I think someone else would do better? Absolutely.

I am voting for Gary Johnson. He is a vastly superior candidate to Mitt or Obama, and has an actual record to run off of - something neither Obama or Romney have. He actually was a governor of a state that created jobs. He has a modicum of intelligence as to how to lead and work with the corrupt politicians to get things done. He left his state with a $1 billion USD surplus, less government jobs, more private sector jobs, and one of the best approval ratings of anyone leaving their state as governor.

There are many other people that would be better than Mitt or Obama, but Johnson is the one that I can, and will, vote for this election cycle. To fix this country, to really fix it, we need a smaller government that does not burden the populace with insane levels of debt like Greece, and one that is small enough that it cannot show favoritism to big business or other interest groups, because the government no longer has the power to make life a living hell for people that can't lobby for subsidies or favorable regulations.

spurgeonryan said:
mrstickball said:
spurgeonryan said:
mrstickball said:

You think someone else will do better? I think maybe MCain or Hilary could have told them what is up, but they are not running this time around. All we are getting is more elite Rich who do not actually care about anything but themselves just like Bush Jr. That goes double for Romney.

Do I think someone else would do better? Absolutely.

I am voting for Gary Johnson. He is a vastly superior candidate to Mitt or Obama, and has an actual record to run off of - something neither Obama or Romney have. He actually was a governor of a state that created jobs. He has a modicum of intelligence as to how to lead and work with the corrupt politicians to get things done. He left his state with a $1 billion USD surplus, less government jobs, more private sector jobs, and one of the best approval ratings of anyone leaving their state as governor.

There are many other people that would be better than Mitt or Obama, but Johnson is the one that I can, and will, vote for this election cycle. To fix this country, to really fix it, we need a smaller government that does not burden the populace with insane levels of debt like Greece, and one that is small enough that it cannot show favoritism to big business or other interest groups, because the government no longer has the power to make life a living hell for people that can't lobby for subsidies or favorable regulations.

That is a state. This is President of the United States. More Corruption and more powerful groups and people involved to keep him from doing anything. Probably why he will not win. If he did win, his impact would not be felt much. Bush Succeeded because he gave the poor something to keep their minds off of all the greedy, horrible stuff that was going on in Washington D.C. Oh Yay! 200 extra dollars from the tax credit. Bush is wonderful. Meanwhile he ran us into the ground, and then Obama came and rammed us into the ground again. Just what the rich and powerful want. They do not care about this country or anything else.

I am not decided on who I will vote for yet. But it will be either Johnson or Obama.

I realize that some of that may be exaggerated, but probably mostly true. Powerful people and special interest groups and the rich of the world can turn a blind eye on States to keep people happy, but they will not allow too much change in the White House. Especially if it does not suit their interests. I hope that America being strong is what they want, but if it is not then it will not happen. There is no reason that we should be this far in a hole with the debt. Why does China and the rest of the world basically own America? Rediculous to me!

@OP

I finally found something that Obama has done! Healthy America = Healthier World.

The economy added 532,000 manufacturing jobs since Jan 2010 – the strongest growth for any 30-month period in 23 years. http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/08/03/employment-situation-july?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+whitehouse%2Fblog44+%28%40blog44%3A+White+House.gov+Blog+Feed%29

1. As a governor, you have experience working with state legislatures to pass budgets, adopt policies, and promote growth. You essentially fill all the roles of a president, but at a smaller level. That kind of experience, IMO, and how well you did, is far more telling of a person than most other types of experience - especially being a senator for two years.

2. If you had no qualms with being unelectable for a 2nd term, but really care about doing the right thing, you can pull the kind of things needed to get things done in Washington. It just means you won't have corporate backers, just like Ron Paul. Again, Gary got things done despite the fact that most Democrats and Republicans hated him. He took his case to the people, and made the politicians responsible. It can be done, but you have to choose not to cave in. Bush and Obama have an atrocious track record on that. Both fold like paper to interest groups, regardless of whom they were.