By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What has Obama done that is good for the World?

Tagged games:

People the world over have a lot more respect for the US during the Obama administration than either Bush or Clinton. I think the lack of big f-ups in the rest of the world like Clinton (Somalia) and Bush (Iraq) is his biggest contribution to the World. He also got US out of Iraq and things are much better in Afghanistan.

What has he done that is good for the US? I think some good and harm so overall neutral.

Around the Network

He did the world a favour by calling Kanye West a jackass

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

mrstickball said:

2. If you had no qualms with being unelectable for a 2nd term, but really care about doing the right thing, you can pull the kind of things needed to get things done in Washington. It just means you won't have corporate backers, just like Ron Paul. Again, Gary got things done despite the fact that most Democrats and Republicans hated him. He took his case to the people, and made the politicians responsible. It can be done, but you have to choose not to cave in. Bush and Obama have an atrocious track record on that. Both fold like paper to interest groups, regardless of whom they were.

From what I have seen, politicians who demonstrate leadership rarely have to worry about being re-elected ... The problem is that leadership usually requires someone to make the unpopular choices, take full responsibility for the decision (to shelter people that support them), sell people on the concept, and wait out the storm. Essentially what Obama (and most modern politicians) don't want to do. 

cusman said:

People the world over have a lot more respect for the US during the Obama administration than either Bush or Clinton. I think the lack of big f-ups in the rest of the world like Clinton (Somalia) and Bush (Iraq) is his biggest contribution to the World. He also got US out of Iraq and things are much better in Afghanistan.

What has he done that is good for the US? I think some good and harm so overall neutral.

You do realize that getting us out of Iraq had nothing to do with Obama, as he left on the agreed timetables set by Bush, right? Additionally, Afghanistan has been more violent since Obama has been in office, not less violent.

@HS - I fully agree that good politicians willing to take a hit usually work out great. But few go in with the attitude that the next election doesn't matter. I think Kaisch and Walker both have done that to varying degrees, and look to have 2nd terms despite the hatred towards them initially.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

He's kept a Republican out of office? That's a pretty big contribution to those of us outside the US! Hell just see the havoc Mitt Romney has caused in the UK/Poland/Israel to realise how dire Republicans perform outside the US.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
He's kept a Republican out of office? That's a pretty big contribution to those of us outside the US! Hell just see the havoc Mitt Romney has caused in the UK/Poland/Israel to realise how dire Republicans perform outside the US.

I'm gonna guess you don't live in Yemen or Pakistan.

spurgeonryan said:

The question is in the title.

What has this dude actually done other than closing down iraq and making an Afghanistan pull out timeline for the soldiers there? I guess we can also give him credit for "catching" Bin Laden.

What else?

wow lets forget the several other countries that were aiding this the whole time, it was all obama definitely.....

Flanneryaug said:
HappySqurriel said:
Flanneryaug said:
Removing nuclear weapons from many countries, including Mexico. Preventing the US from going into a depression.

You think the United States isn't in a depression?

It clearly is not. Look back at how it was during the Great Depression, it was much worse than it is now. You could argue that we are still in a recession, but definitely not a depression.

The official unempolyment rate is not at all acurrate since it doesn't count those who have stopped looking for work, those who no longer recieve unempolyment benefits, those who are working part time, and those who have never entered the workforce but are old enough to do so. In reality the unemployment is actually around 22.5% percent.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/real-unemployment-rate-22-5/

What is shocking is that no major news station is reporting this, even Fox News avoids saying how bad the economy really is.

Nothing. Next question?