By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 10 DS RPG's

Soriku said:
Michael-5 said:

I bought Infinite Space last month because it's made by the guys who did Vanquish, and reviews say that the story is on par with Mass Effect and XenoBlade. From what I hear this is an incredibly under the radar type game that most people missed.

After I beat Radiant Historia, it's a toss up between Infinite Space, Golden Sun, and Pokemon Conquest for me to play. I'll likely do Conquest because Black/White 2 is only 2 months away, and want something short, but it is on my to do list, and close to the front.

Infinite Space was actually made by Nude Maker. Platinum Games helped though I'm not sure how (probably should've paid more attention to the credits :P). You should definitely play it, but it takes time to grow on you. Or at least, that's what happened for me. I know lots of people really love the game...and probably from the get-go.

DieAppleDie said:
yeah i know :D

Soriku
Infinite space is very deep in both story and customization, but the mechanics felt odd to me, still a good game though

I didn't think the gameplay was the best thing ever, and I thought it got repetitive (you basically use the same strategy every battle, though some battles are still harder than others), but the story was really engaging in a weird sort of way (weird because a lot of the game - particularly the second half which is WAAAAY better than the first half - had you go and try to make alliances and stuff so there weren't many plot twists or anything but I still wanted to see what happened next) that I ended up liking the game a lot despite the gameplay not being that great (a lot of people still like it a lot though. Depends on tastes, I guess.)

I don't think I'll ever play through the game again, but it's worth one playthrough for the long story.

I'll give the game the time it needs to get good. I know it's a good game, and I love space related RPG's (My diploma is in Astrophysics). Now that I know that I might have to wait to the second half for it to get really good, I'll wait.

However with Black & White 2 around the corner, Radiant Historia, and a friend wanting to borrow my DS, I don't think I'll have time for this game any time soon.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
atma998 said:
Here's mine

1. Dragon Quest IX
2. Dragon Quest IV
3. Dragon Quest V
4. Final Fantasy IV
5. Castlevania : Order of Ecclesia
6. Dragon Quest VI
7. Final Fantasy III
8. Nostalgia
9. Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals

Never played Chrono Trigger DS, Radiant Historia nor Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and I'm sure they are excellent too.

What a very old shool list. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and a Lufia remake, plus games which are numerical sequals or similar structure to SNES/PS1 era JRPG's.

and no Chrono Trigger :-O!

Have you tried Final Fantasy: The 4 Hero's of Light, Tactics, or Suikoden?

Yeah, I know I'm an old school gamer too. I'm still enjoying new JRPG in the like of Xenoblade too, which I can easily place in my personal top 5 of best RPG ever played. The DS however was the perfect platform for old school gaming.

I know that Chrono Trigger is a must, but for unknown reason, I never played it. I will try it some day though.

I also wanted to try The 4 Heroes of Light but ran out of time cause they were too many games to try. As for Tactics and Suikoden, not sure they are my cup of tea.

atma998 said:
Michael-5 said:
atma998 said:
Here's mine

1. Dragon Quest IX
2. Dragon Quest IV
3. Dragon Quest V
4. Final Fantasy IV
5. Castlevania : Order of Ecclesia
6. Dragon Quest VI
7. Final Fantasy III
8. Nostalgia
9. Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals

Never played Chrono Trigger DS, Radiant Historia nor Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and I'm sure they are excellent too.

What a very old shool list. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and a Lufia remake, plus games which are numerical sequals or similar structure to SNES/PS1 era JRPG's.

and no Chrono Trigger :-O!

Have you tried Final Fantasy: The 4 Hero's of Light, Tactics, or Suikoden?

Yeah, I know I'm an old school gamer too. I'm still enjoying new JRPG in the like of Xenoblade too, which I can easily place in my personal top 5 of best RPG ever played. The DS however was the perfect platform for old school gaming.

I know that Chrono Trigger is a must, but for unknown reason, I never played it. I will try it some day though.

I also wanted to try The 4 Heroes of Light but ran out of time cause they were too many games to try. As for Tactics and Suikoden, not sure they are my cup of tea.

Yea, but Suikoden is similar is structure to the PS1 games and same with Tactics.

Try Radiant Historia, it's a lot like Chrono Trigger (which you haven't played). Both are excellent and retro.

P.S. I think GBA was the best for old School Gaming. So many SNES remakes and sequels, not just JRPG's.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results