By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD [Return to Ivalice]

Tagged games:

Ivalice is in FFXIV!?

WTF!? 0 0%

Holyshit! 4 80.00%

Cool 0 0%

Meh. 0 0%

See results 1 20.00%

Total:5
happydolphin said:
Probably the first online FF and MMO in general that I will play.

Really? Sweet! You need to join the linkshell (guild) I'm in if you aren't already set up with another group. =) I'm assuming you're getting it on the PC? Either way's fine, as all players play together iirc.

I totally missed the last update. I can't wait to try out summoner! I wish A Realm Reborn would come out already, I can't wait another month. x_x

Around the Network

Are they gonna mix the servers with old and new players? I dont wanna go into a server with people that have had a year head start.

Jicale said:
Are they gonna mix the servers with old and new players? I dont wanna go into a server with people that have had a year head start.

New players have the option to join currently existing servers or brand new servers, Existing players however will be able to transfer to existing servers ONLY. They will not be able to enter the new servers designed for the newer players, so they can't manipulate the market. After so many months when the economy is formed they will more then likely open the worlds so you can transfer anywhere.

Without taking a peak inside the link, any Final Fantasy fans want to guess who this is and which game it is from?

^^ Thanks for the info. I was thinking if it is like xi, it would s** having higher lvl players being able to camp any lower lvl nm's that drop valuable stuff

Around the Network

*drool* can't wait for a release date!

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

I hope that this game can be played solo, at least the story mode. I am somehow looking forward to it, but I had to quit with FF11 because I just couldn't stand it any more.

I use to play for periods of 1-2 hours... and within this time you just can't make a proper progress. Most of the time it takes over an hour alone to get a party for just doing a mission. So it was extremely hard to get something done. Sometimes it took me over a month just to do the next mission. So most of the time I was just leveling solo and it took ages to get something done.

And not being able to pause the game is just stupid. I mean, my wife got furious sometimes when she wanted me to give her a hand for a minute and was the healer of the party and couldn't stop playing in the midst of the battle. Online gaming has some inherent gameplay faults.

So this is a hard choice for me. I am really interested in enjoing the story of the game... but I am not willing to go through a MMO-style game again. If I start the game I want to get something done and not to wait for other people that want the same thing at the exact same time and who are determined to really get it done properly.

Unfortunately I am not suited for online gaming and I if I can't see the Story solo I will have to forget about this game.

Alphachris said:
I hope that this game can be played solo, at least the story mode. I am somehow looking forward to it, but I had to quit with FF11 because I just couldn't stand it any more.

I use to play for periods of 1-2 hours... and within this time you just can't make a proper progress. Most of the time it takes over an hour alone to get a party for just doing a mission. So it was extremely hard to get something done. Sometimes it took me over a month just to do the next mission. So most of the time I was just leveling solo and it took ages to get something done.

And not being able to pause the game is just stupid. I mean, my wife got furious sometimes when she wanted me to give her a hand for a minute and was the healer of the party and couldn't stop playing in the midst of the battle. Online gaming has some inherent gameplay faults.

So this is a hard choice for me. I am really interested in enjoing the story of the game... but I am not willing to go through a MMO-style game again. If I start the game I want to get something done and not to wait for other people that want the same thing at the exact same time and who are determined to really get it done properly.

Unfortunately I am not suited for online gaming and I if I can't see the Story solo I will have to forget about this game.

Final Fantasy XIV was initially designed for a more solo centric "any class can do it" storyline, but it didn't work out very well. The storytelling was pretty bad due to the limitations that were put in place, and it has since become a lot more party oriented in and 2.0 it will continue. So in the end ARR may not be the game for you sadly :(

Alphachris said:

FFXIV ARR will have a content finder system. From my understanding you can use it to search for quest/missions/instances that you need, or you can use it to form groups to do dungeon raids with people from other servers. So that should cut down a lot of time searching and making a party down to mere mins. Also one of the main ways you'll be leveling up is by questing, grinding on monsters wont be the pefered choice but you can still do that too.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Wagram said:

Without taking a peak inside the link, any Final Fantasy fans want to guess who this is and which game it is from?

It's Amon from FFIII.