By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD [Return to Ivalice]

Tagged games:

Ivalice is in FFXIV!?

WTF!? 0 0%

Holyshit! 4 80.00%

Cool 0 0%

Meh. 0 0%

See results 1 20.00%

Total:5
Wagram said:
Alphachris said:
I hope that this game can be played solo, at least the story mode. I am somehow looking forward to it, but I had to quit with FF11 because I just couldn't stand it any more.

I use to play for periods of 1-2 hours... and within this time you just can't make a proper progress. Most of the time it takes over an hour alone to get a party for just doing a mission. So it was extremely hard to get something done. Sometimes it took me over a month just to do the next mission. So most of the time I was just leveling solo and it took ages to get something done.

And not being able to pause the game is just stupid. I mean, my wife got furious sometimes when she wanted me to give her a hand for a minute and was the healer of the party and couldn't stop playing in the midst of the battle. Online gaming has some inherent gameplay faults.

So this is a hard choice for me. I am really interested in enjoing the story of the game... but I am not willing to go through a MMO-style game again. If I start the game I want to get something done and not to wait for other people that want the same thing at the exact same time and who are determined to really get it done properly.

Unfortunately I am not suited for online gaming and I if I can't see the Story solo I will have to forget about this game.

Final Fantasy XIV was initially designed for a more solo centric "any class can do it" storyline, but it didn't work out very well. The storytelling was pretty bad due to the limitations that were put in place, and it has since become a lot more party oriented in and 2.0 it will continue. So in the end ARR may not be the game for you sadly :(

Are you sure about that, Wagram? I've read differently and I've heard that ARR will have soloable content as well, and the Leves aren't going anywhere for solo gameplay.

Around the Network
Naraku_Diabolos said:
Wagram said:

Without taking a peak inside the link, any Final Fantasy fans want to guess who this is and which game it is from?

It's Amon from FFIII.

No, it's Skullomania dressed as Amon... get your facts together!!!

:P

Naraku_Diabolos said:
Wagram said:
Alphachris said:
I hope that this game can be played solo, at least the story mode. I am somehow looking forward to it, but I had to quit with FF11 because I just couldn't stand it any more.

I use to play for periods of 1-2 hours... and within this time you just can't make a proper progress. Most of the time it takes over an hour alone to get a party for just doing a mission. So it was extremely hard to get something done. Sometimes it took me over a month just to do the next mission. So most of the time I was just leveling solo and it took ages to get something done.

And not being able to pause the game is just stupid. I mean, my wife got furious sometimes when she wanted me to give her a hand for a minute and was the healer of the party and couldn't stop playing in the midst of the battle. Online gaming has some inherent gameplay faults.

So this is a hard choice for me. I am really interested in enjoing the story of the game... but I am not willing to go through a MMO-style game again. If I start the game I want to get something done and not to wait for other people that want the same thing at the exact same time and who are determined to really get it done properly.

Unfortunately I am not suited for online gaming and I if I can't see the Story solo I will have to forget about this game.

Final Fantasy XIV was initially designed for a more solo centric "any class can do it" storyline, but it didn't work out very well. The storytelling was pretty bad due to the limitations that were put in place, and it has since become a lot more party oriented in and 2.0 it will continue. So in the end ARR may not be the game for you sadly :(

Are you sure about that, Wagram? I've read differently and I've heard that ARR will have soloable content as well, and the Leves aren't going anywhere for solo gameplay.

Yoshi-P has stated that they want the story to go a more Final Fantasy route. There will be solo-able missions, but there will be mandatory party fights for the boss battles. There will also be a lot more of them. There will be some solo based content within the game though like leves for sure.

Well, the Problem with FF 11 was, that the player base was a MMO base while I was a JRPG Fan. So for me, Story was more important than gear. I wanted to see all Missions, Cutscenes and maybe quests...

Most MMO-Players are looking to get the best gear available. Missions and Quests without a rewarding gear were deserted. I tried for 3 Years to finish Chains of Promathia and I was only able to clear Chapter 3... One day I found a group of players with the same level range and we finished 2 Missions. As it was already 23;00 and I had to work the next day I had to quit... They continued playing and the next day I logged in they already had finished the next chapter and weren't willing to do it again so that I could follow up. That was so frustrating.

With the next upgrade they increased the lecel cap and now it would be possible to solo the mission with a level 99 character... but I just can't stand the game mechanics anymore. I am not willing to rush with my leveling up for 100h just to be able to play the next mission.

If they ever bring out a FF 11 offline with a FF12 kind of battle system and a better pacing, I would really buy it. It was a good game... but in this MMO Style it is not suited for everybody since it is just a huge timesink.

I might try to beat the "normal" storyline of FF 14, but I fear that with my style of playing I will not get far in this game either.

But thanks for your replys.

Alpha First Look: Video 1 - Character Creation

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

ARR Alpha Screens Part 1

LOL at the up skirt shot XD

ARR Alpha Screens Part 2

So how do the subscriptions work for this game? If this isn't going to be free to play, I was thinking of just getting a subscription for an year and play the hell out of it.

Also, awesome screens.

TheKoreanGuy said:

So how do the subscriptions work for this game? If this isn't going to be free to play, I was thinking of just getting a subscription for an year and play the hell out of it.

Also, awesome screens.

Sorry don't have an answer yet. FFXIV billing is suspended since Sept 29th until the launch of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. Square Enix will make an announcement about future services.