By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD [Return to Ivalice]

Tagged games:

Ivalice is in FFXIV!?

WTF!? 0 0%

Holyshit! 4 80.00%

Cool 0 0%

Meh. 0 0%

See results 1 20.00%

Total:5
deskpro2k3 said:
Wagram said:

The final event sucked, but man that end movie gives you goosebumps.

Its really open ended. And was that Bahamut? Were the Gods powers not strong enough? To many questions.

Pretty sure that was Bahamut. Given that Darnus reffered to Dalamud as his master, and his limit break was Mega Flare.

I don't think the Gods had the power to stop him. Given that the seal looked like it shattered, which is why Louisoix sent the heroes into the future. What I want to know is how many survivors will there be? Did any of the GC leaders make it?

If you actually look at the seal the gods place on him before it shatters. You will notice that it's essentially Dalamud, but white. Dalamud was never a meteor. It was a prison.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Wagram said:

The final event sucked, but man that end movie gives you goosebumps.

Its really open ended. And was that Bahamut? Were the Gods powers not strong enough? To many questions.

Pretty sure that was Bahamut. Given that Darnus reffered to Dalamud as his master, and his limit break was Mega Flare.

I don't think the Gods had the power to stop him. Given that the seal looked like it shattered, which is why Louisoix sent the heroes into the future. What I want to know is how many survivors will there be? Did any of the GC leaders make it?

If you actually look at the seal the gods place on him before it shatters. You will notice that it's essentially Dalamud, but white. Dalamud was never a meteor. It was a prison.

I had no idea it was actually a prison. Talk about a real twist, nicely done Square Enix.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

I had no idea it was actually a prison. Talk about a real twist, nicely done Square Enix.

They did confirm in the live letter that it was Bahamut. Seems he will also have his own lore based dungeon in ARR called the Great Labrynth of Bahamut.

Anyone else have thoughts on the ending? I hope people actually watch it. Quite good.

I think everyone here is just in awe of the epic'ness. It was a sad ending.

I may be the only one here to think this way, but after playing Dragon's Dogma I can no longer find enjoyment at watching my character stand in one location and slash at air. If final fantasy wishes to keep these elements that made it so successful in the past, I'm afraid I will never buy another FF game again. Yes, I can see a huge monster in front of the party; its big, and it looks mean, but from my prospective--and from what I have seen in these trailers--it feels dull.

Around the Network
DraconianAC said:

I may be the only one here to think this way, but after playing Dragon's Dogma I can no longer find enjoyment at watching my character stand in one location and slash at air. If final fantasy wishes to keep these elements that made it so successful in the past, I'm afraid I will never buy another FF game again. Yes, I can see a huge monster in front of the party; its big, and it looks mean, but from my prospective--and from what I have seen in these trailers--it feels dull.

Which trailer did you see them stand in one location and slash at air?

deskpro2k3 said:

This trailer marks the end of Final Fantasy XIV. Stay tuned for A Realm Reborn! 

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn -- End of an Era

WOW! I was impressed. That put blizzard cinematics to shame, in particular the cataclysm cinematic of a similar event.

More importantly, it really felt like Final fantasy! I am officially pumped for this. I want a open alpha/beta test.

deskpro2k3 said:
DraconianAC said:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - Limit Break Trailer

DraconianAC said:
deskpro2k3 said:
DraconianAC said:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - Limit Break Trailer

Running circles around an enemy to fight it. No it doesn't work that way, but you can do that if you want. There are combos that can be active at certain positions.

It may seem they're standing in one place slashing at air, however nearly every scene you see in that trailer is one to two seconds long. Not enough time to make a proper study of the events taken place.

Stay tuned for more updates, I will be posting more when more materials is available.

I am really excited for the game now, but what i came to realise is that square is beeing extremely closed in regards to the information and footage released. I'm unsure they even have the official forums working as i found no recipient of information for the game.

I want an open beta. I cant wait to try out the combat system. If its rehauled as it seems to be from the footage in the limit break trailer, it can be a really fun game to play. Good combat system + FF = a strong following. Only the douchebags that whine about every little minor bug will leave.