By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD [Return to Ivalice]

Tagged games:

Ivalice is in FFXIV!?

WTF!? 0 0%

Holyshit! 4 80.00%

Cool 0 0%

Meh. 0 0%

See results 1 20.00%

Total:5

Environments certainly do look a lot better (and definitely more FF like) then the current version. I would like to see more battle footage, and perhaps higher resolution settings in the future though.

Around the Network

Whoops! They accidentally leaked a new class, and job.

http://i49.tinypic.com/xm5x5f.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/1q0k92.png

I just hate that they're releasing this at all costs.

Here's a better quality video of the one that was previously shown:

And here's a LONGER video (22 minutes) featuring Yoshida-P and more gameplay.

Destructoid's gamescom community choice award winner is FFXIV!

http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-s-gamescom-community-choice-award-winner-233495.phtml

After nearly a week of voting and calls for even more games to be added for consideration, we’re ready to reveal your community choice award from gamescom 2012!

And the winner is...

Final Fantasy XIV has a long and difficult history, to put it mildly. Released in September 2010 to universal criticism, Square Enix’s troubled MMORPG underwent numerous updates and even the waiving of subscription fees, to little success. But on October 14th 2011, Square Enix announced that they would be relaunching the game as Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 (later renamed Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.) At gamescom we’ve seen the considerable changes made to the engine, HUD and combat system, transforming it into a far cry from the game that disappointed so many.

As reported by Eurogamer, producer Naoki Yoshida spoke candidly of the game’s previous failures last week, noting that it would take a long time to rebuild fans’ trust in the Final Fantasy brand. Despite this, you voted for the game in droves, with the game receiving over three times as many votes as the runner-up, The Last of Us. Time will tell if the new and improved iteration of the game will deliver on its promises, but in the meantime it certainly seems as though Square Enix has your support.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is headed to PC and PS3 later in the year, with a beta scheduled for the winter.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Hype -o- meter: 91%

Hell yeah. I can't wait to play this new version. =) My friends and I have had way more fun than we should have while playing the new-ish FFXIV the last few months, and we're bound to have way more fun when this new build releases!

Looks cool, I've never played a MMO (though I am a Huuuuuge Monster hunter fan & have played all handheld versions ad-hoc,& I have been told MH is much like an MMO in many ways) But i'll be keen to give this a go

Is it still coming to PS3?

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

2000cc said:
Looks cool, I've never played a MMO (though I am a Huuuuuge Monster hunter fan & have played all handheld versions ad-hoc,& I have been told MH is much like an MMO in many ways) But i'll be keen to give this a go

Is it still coming to PS3?

Yes it is.

Great that means i dont have to buy a new computer, I have 2 laptops at the moment (a mac and HP Pc) both are only about a year old but neither is working that great right now, I doubt they'd stand any chance of running this game & i hate buying computers, normally because i have no idea what to look for, though i suppose in this case i could probably buy the game, take the box to a salesman & get them to sell me a computer that would run it right

Still I do prefer console, so I'll just go with that

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)