By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67

Ah, come on you bloody skippy's, need more golds!

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Nein, dr Grund ist dass anscheinend Athleten wie Biedermann glauben das es schon voll super ist überhaupt ins finale zu kommen. Und das wird anscheinend von allen inklusive Trainer und Sportförderung auch schon als super toll empfunden. Ein paar Kinder weniger kann nicht der Grund sein. Es fehlt unserem Land einfach der Willen.

es ist einfach die kombination aus allen dingen die ich bereits erwähnte und es liegt sicher nicht am willen der sportler lol. als ob biedermann weniger versuchen würde als andere.

nach deiner logik wären wir ja eigentlich jedes mal bestes land der welt trotz nur 80 millionen einwohnern wenn wir uns nur so viel mühe wie die amerikaner geben würden. dass zudem in anderen ländern die talente ohne rücksicht auf verluste zum erfolg getrieben werden wünscht du dir wahrschenlich auch noch hier. dann könnten wir ja locker wieder vor china landen.

aber du kannst ja sicher erklären welche länder alle, mal abgesehen vom doping, heutzutage so viel erfolgreicher sind und viel mehr willen als deutschland zeigen. also china und usa sind erfolgricher wegen der vielen einwohner. wer sonst war die letzen ~5 olympiaden so viel willensstärker? und wenn du von "ein paar" kindern sprichst, dann sprichst du mal eben in zweistelligen prozentbereichen die als mögliche talente einfach nicht mehr zur verfügung stehen.

@Fax:

Re: "German team sucks": The German team made 7 medals only today.

Re: "Before that we profited from all the doping done in DDR": Of course we did. Like Russia from their doping, like USA from their doping, like other countries from their doping that's never been revelaed.

Like Spain from Miguel Indurain's doping (which was and will never be revealed), like USA from Lance Armstrong's doping, like France from Richard Virenque's doping, like Kazakhstan from Alexander Vinokurov's doping (hey look. this great athlete, who once had been suspended for doping and still is the most popular athlete in Kazakhstan despite doping according to his wiki entry - won an Olympic gold medal at London 2012!). I for one question everyone in today's cycling, not only Vinokourov. And that's just cycling.

Fact: People only care as long as the own team is not affected. Tour de France? Millions of devoted fans at the side of the roads every year despite all the doping scandals. London 2012? Let's question all the Chinese ahletes - the new evil - and maybe those heavyweight lifters, they're all from suspicious eastern countries anyway. Let's cheer for every medal of the own team without questioning.

GB 1-0 Uraguay

GB are through to the 1/4s

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

GB - Korea
Mexico - Senegal
Japan - Egypt
Brazil - Honduras

Football quarter-finals.

I guess the semi finals are gonna be
Mexico - Japan
Brazil - GB

Around the Network

Lauren Jackson claimed the Olympic Women's basketball overall point scoring record during the Australia vs Brazil match , so congrats to the multiple WNBA MVP and Australia's flag bearer .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Great day for GB, as predicted!

And no more German please. K?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I always had faith in our guys ;)

Hah, of course you did ;)
I suppose it's a shame, we were so close to another gold, but you can't really beat a new world record....

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

MegaDrive08 said:
I always had faith in our guys ;)

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?