By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Man of Steel - Official Trailers and Teasers!

Panama said:
Sucker Punch has left me ambivalent as to the quality of Snyder's directing as of late. He seems to be heavily in favour of style over substance and it hurts his movies at times.

Also was Returns that poorly received to warrant a reboot? I remember it did really well with critics and box office.

It didn't do well at all, in fact it barely broke even at the box office (long development with several false starts + $209m production budget + advertising for a just under $400m at the Box office, the studio was expecting aparently ~$500m), and a few notible reviewers including Roger Ebert didn't like it. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
zarx said:
Panama said:
Sucker Punch has left me ambivalent as to the quality of Snyder's directing as of late. He seems to be heavily in favour of style over substance and it hurts his movies at times.

Also was Returns that poorly received to warrant a reboot? I remember it did really well with critics and box office.

It didn't do well at all, in fact it barely broke even at the box office (long development with several false starts + $209m production budget + advertising for a just under $400m at the Box office, the studio was expecting aparently ~$500m), and a few notible reviewers including Roger Ebert didn't like it. 

He gave Ghosts of Mars a positive review, anything that man says is invalid. Point taken though.

NintendoPie said:
Boutros said:
Looks real good. I'm glad super hero movies are taken so seriously. We're very lucky. I just wish the same could be said about video game movies :/

Resident Evil is the closest we will ever get to a good video-game movie.

Prince of Persia was decent as far as video-game movies go.  Silent Hill, as other people have mentioned, was also alright.

I have a soft spot for the Resident Evil movies.  Sure, they're just CGI effects mixed in with Milla Jovovich, but as blockbusters go they're a lot of fun to watch (at least, the first 3.  Didn't much like the 4th one)

Kresnik said:
NintendoPie said:
Boutros said:
Looks real good. I'm glad super hero movies are taken so seriously. We're very lucky. I just wish the same could be said about video game movies :/

Prince of Persia was decent as far as video-game movies go.  Silent Hill, as other people have mentioned, was also alright.

I have a soft spot for the Resident Evil movies.  Sure, they're just CGI effects mixed in with Milla Jovovich, but as blockbusters go they're a lot of fun to watch (at least, the first 3.  Didn't much like the 4th one)

I thought Prince of Persia was a story then a movie then a game?

NintendoPie said:
Kresnik said:
NintendoPie said:
Boutros said:

I thought Prince of Persia was a story then a movie then a game?

Not that I know of O_o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia_(1989_video_game)

This was the first Prince of Persia game.  Didn't know there was anything else related to it from before that!

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

Not that I know of O_o

This was the first Prince of Persia game.  Didn't know there was anything else related to it from before that!

Oh! For some reason I always thought it was based on a story. xD

BasilZero said:
pezus said:
This showed nothing, except that they are likely going for the gritty approach, just like for Batman. I liked Zack Snyder's Watchmen a lot so I am hoping this will be good as well. Nolan being on board is another positive sign.

This is the main reason why I am interested in it, if it develops like Nolan's TDK trilogy (doesnt have to be a trilogy, just saying the way it was developed), I will surely watch it.

Gritty approach don't work for Superman, he is an alien with a ton of power and very set moral view of the world, you can create internal conflict and play around with the concept (that is why Luthor is such a good villain in the comic, Superman knows he does very bad things but he cannot prove it and take him to justice so he makes Superman doubt about due process, the people's character and all that stuff), but gritty approach does not seems the proper one for the character.

In my opinion one of the more interesting dynamics of the Superman series has been watching how the creators answer the question "Who is the real person and which is the alter ego?" ... There are essentially 4 different answers to this question, Superman is the real person and Clark Kent is the alter ego, Clark Kent is the real person and Superman is the alter ego, both are the real person and he is conflicted, and neither are the real person.

With the trailer being released with 2 different voice overs, one from each of his fathers, each having 2 different messages I have a feeling that the portrayal will take the more interesting approach where both Superman and Clark Kent are real parts of the same character. This would mean that Clark Kent would not be portrayed as an individual who was so meek and helpless that, in spite physical similarities, no one could imagine him being Superman; and may be a character that is far more whole.

zero129 said:
NintendoPie said:
Kresnik said:

Not that I know of O_o

Oh! For some reason I always thought it was based on a story. xD

Maybe your thinking of aladdin? xD

Possibly, they both have sand in them.

NintendoPie said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
NintendoPie said:
Boutros said:

To be perfectly honest....I think Silent Hill movie was the best video game related movie. At least that had some good atmosphere. I'm hoping Uncharted movie would end up being at least decent.

I would have loved to see Nolan doing a God of War movie....would have been so epic. But alas not gonna happen

I haven't ever seen the movie. 

They are really making an Uncharted movie?!

Yep they are making an uncharted movie and a god of war movie

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!