By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What console will be no.1 this year?

What console will be no.1 this year?

3DS 165 38.11%

PS3 166 38.34%

X360 31 7.16%

Wii 4 0.92%

PSV 43 9.93%

WiiU 22 5.08%

Total:431

I have calculated countless scenarios and in each scenario PS3 wins, tough there are some where its very close between PS3 and 3DS. Either way, PS3 dominating sales won't stop.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
phenom08 said:
Jay520 said:
phenom08 said:
Jay520 said:
phenom08 said:
Notice how plenty of the Sony fans are mentioning 3DS wins but PS3 will be runner up even though the op never asked for the runner up lol. They want a victory that bad lol.

wut?

Your probably a sony fan so ill break it down for you. The OP asked for a winner that means 1. One console, that the winner and the runner up. Fans are putting the PS3 in the conversation after they have already said the 3DS will win. There's a reason for that. They wanna win that bad. When they know a repeat of last wont happen this year. The PS3 barely edged the 3DS last year thanks to the 3DS not have enough time on the market and having a slow start.

Actually sir, you've got it confused. People are listing the PS3 as # 2, yes. But why aren't they mentioning the Xbox at #3? Or the #4 console? Why are they stopping the list at #2? I'll tell you why: They want to make the PS3 seem worse than what it is. By creating a list of two and putting the PS3 in second, that leaves the PS3 in last place. The bottom of the barrel. These people could make 2nd place seem respectable by including 3rd, 4th and 5th place. But no, they stop at 2nd place to make the ps3 be in last place - The Ultimate Loser. The truth is: everyone in here is a Sony hater, whether deliberately or mistakenly. Deep down, we all hate Sony.

But of course, that's just coming fom my tiny Sony-fan brain.

I guess you're just joking so ok.

Yeah, just going with the theme. See...when I saw your posts, I thought, "Damn, is this guy serious?" But then I thought about some more and thought, "nah, this is just too ridiculous to be serious." So now I'm just going with the flow.

By pointing out facts, im joking? Is what i said not true.

3DS by a cool 3-4mil, at least.

But, you said console. And that'd be the PS3.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

phenom08 said:
. By pointing out facts, im joking? Is what i said not true.

I guess when you really think about it, you make a compelling argument. I mean, the thread clearly asks for a winner. I see no reason to list the runner-up unless you're a fanboy. I mean, who does that? Name me one well-respected publication or website that mention runner-UPS after they list winners of competitions. None do. What do you think we should do to these obvious Sony trolls? I say they should all be banned for a week. And when they come back, if they pull this crap again bring down the PermaBanHammer! These trolls are obviously to blinded to partake in reasonable discussion.

CGI-Quality said:
phenom08 said:
CGI-Quality said:

By mentioning it, you stick yourself in a situation of biased scrutiny of your own. Just let people vote how they want to vote, because you end up behaving and looking like the very folks you're condemning.

What biased scrutiny have i placed myself in? Serious question, I really do value your opinion because your one of the reasonable sony fans and not an hating one for no reason at all.

It means people can look and point fingers at you. Sure, silly childish game, but it's what happens when you throw out a judgment call that isn't needed. I get what you're saying about people needing to vote in accordance with the poll, but 99% of the time, that's just not what happens. 

Instead of trolling "trolls", you could offer a counter argument with less aggression. Like: "Why are people voting for runner-ups when the thread only asks for a clear cut winner?". Sure, you'll probably get a few unfavorable responses, but at least you won't look like you have an agenda of your own (which saying you troll "trolls" can be seen as an act of having your own obvious bias).

A certain can of worms can remained sealed is all I'm saying.

Accept a judgement call is needed, im not being bias at all, i havent even mentioned who i think will win, because its obvious. My agenda is doing what i said i do, and thats troll trolls. I dont troll you because you are not a troll. I point out the obvious bias, my bias is against bias people. I clearly dont hate sony fans, if i did i would be all over you for being a sony fan and also all over everyone that believes the PS3 will win, which we both know it wont. Being nicer is pointless because they are still gonna have at me and im not being nice to obvious trolls.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
phenom08 said:

I guess when you really think about it, you make a compelling argument. I mean, the thread clearly asks for a winner. I see no reason to list the runner-up unless you're a fanboy. I mean, who does that? Name me one well-respected publication or website that mention runner-UPS after they list winners of competitions. None do. What do you think we should do to these obvious Sony trolls? I say they should all be banned for a week. And when they come back, if they pull this crap again bring down the PermaBanHammer! These trolls are obviously to blinded to partake in reasonable discussion.

Thanks for the sarcasm but atleast you admit the OP mentioned 1 winner and not the runner up. Im just gonna ignore the rest of your post because theres no reason for it, I stated a fact plain and simple. While your talking about publications mentioning runner ups, which the op didnt ask for. Just a winner so try again.

CGI-Quality said:
phenom08 said:

I clearly dont hate sony fans, if i did i would be all over you and everyone that believes the PS3 will win, which we both know it wont. 

Just thought I'd point out that I don't think the PS3 will win, as evidenced by my original post quoting you. ;P

Sorry i actually didnt mean it that way. I know you chose the 3DS, i meant i would be all over you if i hated PS3 fans. My post is definitely misleading, thats what i get for typing on a phone.

phenom08 said:
Jay520 said:
phenom08 said:

Thanks for the sarcasm but atleast you admit the OP mentioned 1 winner and not the runner up. Im just gonna ignore the rest of your post because theres no reason for it, I stated a fact plain and simple. While your talking about publications mentioning runner ups, which the op didnt ask for. Just a winner so try again.

I'm sorry bro. But you know...I'm a Sony fan..so I'm illogical by default. I can't help myself. I'm gonna go seek counseling.

Jay520 said:
phenom08 said:
Jay520 said:
phenom08 said:

I'm sorry bro. But you know...I'm a Sony fan..so I'm illogical by default. I can't help myself. I'm gonna go seek counseling.

Are you accusing me of thinking all sony fans are illogical. if i did think that way dont you think i would be all over CGI. But we can end our discussion because obviously you admit i pointed out a fact and the runner up shouldnt be mentioned.

handheld 3ds
console ps3

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.