By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What console will be no.1 this year?

What console will be no.1 this year?

3DS 165 38.11%

PS3 166 38.34%

X360 31 7.16%

Wii 4 0.92%

PSV 43 9.93%

WiiU 22 5.08%

Total:431

PSV when Monster Hunter 4 is reveiled as really being vita exclusive with WW launch on 1st September

3DS last because parents won't buy a headache inducing machine this xmas

Around the Network

PS3. It will sell ~300k more units than 360 in 2012.

krafty89 said:

For the other 11 people who voted PS VITA what is your reasoning real or otherwise?

PSV will outsell all other consoles listed combined. I'm calling it.

phenom08 said:
Jay520 said:
phenom08 said:
Jay520 said:
phenom08 said:
Jay520 said:
phenom08 said:
Notice how plenty of the Sony fans are mentioning 3DS wins but PS3 will be runner up even though the op never asked for the runner up lol. They want a victory that bad lol.

wut?

Your probably a sony fan so ill break it down for you. The OP asked for a winner that means 1. One console, that the winner and the runner up. Fans are putting the PS3 in the conversation after they have already said the 3DS will win. There's a reason for that. They wanna win that bad. When they know a repeat of last wont happen this year. The PS3 barely edged the 3DS last year thanks to the 3DS not have enough time on the market and having a slow start.

Actually sir, you've got it confused. People are listing the PS3 as # 2, yes. But why aren't they mentioning the Xbox at #3? Or the #4 console? Why are they stopping the list at #2? I'll tell you why: They want to make the PS3 seem worse than what it is. By creating a list of two and putting the PS3 in second, that leaves the PS3 in last place. The bottom of the barrel. These people could make 2nd place seem respectable by including 3rd, 4th and 5th place. But no, they stop at 2nd place to make the ps3 be in last place - The Ultimate Loser. The truth is: everyone in here is a Sony hater, whether deliberately or mistakenly. Deep down, we all hate Sony.

But of course, that's just coming fom my tiny Sony-fan brain.

I guess you're just joking so ok.

Yeah, just going with the theme. See...when I saw your posts, I thought, "Damn, is this guy serious?" But then I thought about some more and thought, "nah, this is just too ridiculous to be serious." So now I'm just going with the flow.

By pointing out facts, im joking? Is what i said not true.

The fact is  rightfully or wrongfully some  people see it as a two horse race , so they are really just put down the finishing order as they see it , As to the fact that the OP asked for a winner that's what the poll is for  , comments about the likely outcome and position are just that comments , otherwise we would just do the poll.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

3DS overall and Real Consoles of course the PSawesom3
The 1 strong month of the 360 every year thanks to CoD and Halo didn't even save them last year and the PS3 is probably getting a pricecut very soon.
The usual Ban Wave and Halo/CoD Special Editions won't make the difference cause most people who want those games already have a 360(except M$ is destroying with some update 10 Million 360s at once or so and people buy instantly a new one)

Around the Network

I never thought I'll say this but It looks to be 3DS. How quickly can things change.

Phenom08 has convinced me that the ps3 will win in 1st place with xbox360 in 2nd.

@Farsala sure it will, and the Wii will win next year.

@mjk45 No its not a two horse race, the PS3 as nothing left but a price cut. A price cut didn't save it in 2009 against a 2d Mario and it won't now. It will be a blowout mark my words.

It looks like majority agrees on the home end, it will be PS3 whereas on the handheld front, it'll be 3DS, which will also most likely take the top spot overall. NSMB2 will be released, as well as others.