By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT earnings are in - 360: 1.1m shipped. Numbers inside.

So the 360 is overtracked a good 200-400K?

It's probably been posted already, but does anyone know how the 360 looks YoY right now? I know it didn't look too good earlier, but it should be a fair bit better now right?

Any speculation on where the 'missing' sales are? I know Japan and America are definitely accounted for, but isn't Europe partially tracked too?

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
cookingyourmama said:
Carl2291 said:
I think its safe to say the 360 is undertracked here. 200k to 400k. Anywhere between.
Hyruken said:
Soooo then about 200k undertracked here then?

Nope.

well seeing as vgc had it at around 800k your implying that ms is wrong and vgc is right?

ZaneWane said:
so xbox was undertracked by good 200k
TeddostheFireKing said:
So the 360 is overtracked a good 200-400K?

It's probably been posted already, but does anyone know how the 360 looks YoY right now? I know it didn't look too good earlier, but it should be a fair bit better now right?

Any speculation on where the 'missing' sales are? I know Japan and America are definitely accounted for, but isn't Europe partially tracked too?

Nope, at this time of year it is normal for MS to have between 0.97-1.31 million xbox360's in the retail chain.

ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
of course it does...

so we expect 2.3m ps3 shipments then? and 1.2m Wii's?

after all 1.1m is normal.  forget demand from retailers falling at the end of a gen.

I expect...

Wii - 0.9m (800k on shelves - maybe some over here because I don't read nothing about shipment issue last quarter)
PS3 - 1.9m (700k on shelves, up from 400k after shipment issues last quarter)

meh, you can easily argue cases why Wii and PS3 might have lower inventory levels than the 360, for example the Wii is a slow-selling item these days so stores won't keep big inventories, while Sony on the other hands is pretty clearly readying a new PS3 model and therefore might delay new shipments in order to clear stocks and resupply them later with the new model

I don't like to contribute to those discussions though, as in the end imo shipment numbers are the most reliable numbers we receive on how consoles are doing and the further we are along a gen the clearer they show the real picture

Considering that Sony is probably phasing out old models their shipment numbers could be also pretty low. Probably the minimum amount in shelves without shortages.

Kowen... I think you're wasting your time... even though I came to this site to get an approximation of console sales I now accepted that MS numbers are the only reliable figures to go by since they don't lie even if some people tell otherwise. Every quarters it's the same rambling, MS overships, MS overtracked, MS has waay more consoles on shelves even if retailers don't want them blablabla and so on and on... but it provides a good laugh every time though :P

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

why so low?

1.1m is normal for June you said.

I explained why .

no you didnt...

are you suggesting that Sony cant ship enough to recover stock to your "normal level"

its just that in the last 24 months they have easily achieved just that.

June 2010 supply was down low at 0.30m (apparently) then went to 1.51m in September.

June 2011 supply was 0.28m (!?) and then went to 1.54m in September.

So you see Sony can easily raise manufacturing and shipments to restock the supply chain.

and therefore they can raise the March 2012 supply of 0.48m to 1.1m cant they?  Or dont retailers want them for some mysterious reason?

Sony can have low stock (700k) this quarter due...

- Shipment issues last quarter (even Sony said that)
- New model coming.
- Better sales than Sony expected.
- Low orders from retails.

how much is it expected for PS3 shipments this quarter ?

Oh my, I predicted 1.2m and I was really pessimistic.

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
how much is it expected for PS3 shipments this quarter ?

Depends on your agenda.

But in the real world, for supply to remain the same (quite low supply I might add) it should ship 1.7m to 1.9m

so most probably the GAP between the two will be about 1.1/1.3 million, do you know how much the GAP was between them same time last year?

kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:
Hyruken said:
cookingyourmama said:
Carl2291 said:
I think its safe to say the 360 is undertracked here. 200k to 400k. Anywhere between.
Hyruken said:
Soooo then about 200k undertracked here then?

Nope.

well seeing as vgc had it at around 800k your implying that ms is wrong and vgc is right?

Nope, at this time of year it is normal for MS to have between 0.97-1.31 million xbox360's in the retail chain.

I reckon the PS2 supply is probably about 2m usually (historically of course) at this time of year normally, so I guess thats what it will be too this qaurter...

Does market trends, demand and ongoing expectation mean nothing to you?  you are being wayyy too simplistic on this.

The problem is you have no idea what retail are doing, you have no idea what special incentives Microsoft offer to retailers compared to Nintendo and Sony, you have no idea if different regions throughout the world like to have a different amount in the supply chain compared to other regions, you don't know about Sony's supply problems, or dates of new consoles, dates of prices drops or anything at all. History is used to show that when Microsoft have been selling low they still have always had a large amount in the retail channel at those times, that's a fact wether you like it or not and what you are saying about 'market trends, demand and ongoing expectation' are just your guesses wether you like it or not.