By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT earnings are in - 360: 1.1m shipped. Numbers inside.

Joystiq

Microsoft's quarterly revenue for the period ending June 30 hit $18.06 billion, with an operating income of $192 million and a loss of $0.06 per share. This is compared to revenue of $17.37 billion for the same quarter in 2011. Microsoft also posted a net loss for the quarter of $492 million, compared to last year's gain of $5.87 billion for the same quarter.

Revenue for Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division grew 20 percent for the quarter, aided mainly by its acquisition of Skype. The Xbox has now been the top-selling console for 18 consecutive months.

Find more coverage of Microsoft's financials at Engadget.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
I think its safe to say the 360 is undertracked here. 200k to 400k. Anywhere between.
Hyruken said:
Soooo then about 200k undertracked here then?

Nope.

stop trolling

cookingyourmama said:
Carl2291 said:
I think its safe to say the 360 is undertracked here. 200k to 400k. Anywhere between.
Hyruken said:
Soooo then about 200k undertracked here then?

Nope.

well seeing as vgc had it at around 800k your implying that ms is wrong and vgc is right?

In line with my guesses.

1.1m on shelves seems right for 30th June.

Around the Network

so xbox was undertracked by good 200k

what MS lost money this quarter ? :o

kowenicki said:
of course it does...

so we expect 2.3m ps3 shipments then? and 1.2m Wii's?

after all 1.1m is normal.  forget demand from retailers falling at the end of a gen.

I expect...

Wii - 0.9m (800k on shelves - maybe some over here because I don't read nothing about shipment issue last quarter)
PS3 - 1.9m (700k on shelves, up from 400k after shipment issues last quarter)

Ps3 will be overtracked... again,

kowenicki said:

why so low?

1.1m is normal for June you said.

I explained why .