By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Watch & Rate BATMAN BEGINS (2005) -- Batman Film Celebration Week

Rate BATMAN BEGINS

0 - Begins in a garbage can 0 0%

1 - Begins in a 5 star hotel garbage can 0 0%

2 - Mehhhh 1 4.55%

3 - MEdiocre! 0 0%

4 - Great 10 45.45%

5 - AMAZING! 11 50.00%

Total:22

Welcome to BATMAN FILM CELEBRATION WEEK!

We reach the film that redeemed BATMAN for many...this movie had a huuuge hurdle to get over...it had to prove Batman wasn't the lame guy from the terrible previous movie. Oh and it did.

Batman Begins is perhaps the most "Batman centric" movie...many of the others focus a lot on the villains but in this one BATMAN is the focus...it's a detailed character study of Bruce Wayne & his transformation into the great Bat.

Now initially the box office didn't impress Warner Bros & the sequel plans weren't concrete...but BATMAN BEGINS did excellently on home video (DVD & VHS) sales...this told Warner Bros that the film must've been loved as people are buying it in droves on Home Video...it kinda motivated them to give the go ahead for the sequel and the rest is as they say...history. 

With The Dark Knight Returns so close it's time to REWATCH the old Batman movies & rate them. Todays movie to rate is BATMAN BEGINS!

PLEASE watch this with us...as it's the start of the Nolan Trilogy of Bat films which ENDS in 2 days!!!!

If you remember it rate it, or watch it to hold you off till the sun RISES on July 20th! 

______

Timetable for BATMAN FILM CELEBRATION WEEK:

--------------- Burton's -------------------

12th July - The BATMAN (1989)

13th July - BATMAN RETURNS (1992)

Then we will move on...

--------------- Animated Series/Movies ------------

14th July - BATMAN : The Animated Series 

15th July - BATMAN : Mask Of Phantasm

Moving on...

--------------- Schumacher's -------------------

--------------- Nolan's -------------------

18th July - BATMAN BEGINS (2005)

19th July - THE DARK KNIGHT (2008)

20th July - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (2012)

So we will do BATMAN & ROBIN today & end with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES rating thread on 20th July...exciting times are ahead for us fellow rodents! 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

The movie was good but I didn't find it to be great.

Liked how they modernlized Ra hal gol, but for some reason they decided to turn scarecrow to a lawyer

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Watched my DVD last night while laying in bed. Not as good as everyone made it out to be, imho. It got the tone right, though. I found myself loving this movie up until the third reel. There was just something missing.

When this movie was announced (with a simply AWESOME teaser trailer), I was a little excited but all I cared about was the impending Star Wars: Episode III. I didn't even see this one in the theater. I was surprised when I saw most critics giving it a good review. When I bought it on DVD, I liked it but, like I said before, I didn't love it.

d21lewis said:
Watched my DVD last night while laying in bed. Not as good as everyone made it out to be, imho. It got the tone right, though. I found myself loving this movie up until the third reel. There was just something missing.

When this movie was announced (with a simply AWESOME teaser trailer), I was a little excited but all I cared about was the impending Star Wars: Episode III. I didn't even see this one in the theater. I was surprised when I saw most critics giving it a good review. When I bought it on DVD, I liked it but, like I said before, I didn't love it.

LOL touche

This movie came out a few weeks after Episode III & I was in no mood to like any movie more than that at the time. We went to see Batman Begins in the opening week but I didn't care...I forced Dad to take me to Episode III again the next day, I was completely obsessed with it.

So Batman Begins was just a distant dull memory to me...I didn't understand much of the movie in the cinemas probably because I didn't pay attention & it wasn't flashy enough.

Then The Dark Knight came and everyone acted like it squished Batman Begins, never bothered going back to it.

But I finally gave in and rewatched it a few months ago and it instantly became my favorite origin story. Loved it much more than I expected to this time...felt really involved with Batmans character & yeah everything till the 3rd act felt perfect but then it felt a bit rushed to me & a bit haphazard. Still a great finale though. 

But 2005 belongs to Sith in my heart. Batman Begins is the movie I fell in love with in 2012. 

And here's Jeremy Jahns with his two cents.  Dude, stay out of our forums!

Around the Network

So with BATMAN BEGINS we saw a complete overhaul of the Batsuit, Batmobile & Batcave...along with the music.

Batsuit

Less flashier & in your face than the schumacher one!

Batmobile

Completely different from the more sleek, flashy & aerodynamic batmobiles from the last movies

New Theme

Zimmer said this shouldn't be mistaken as the theme for "batman" as he would have to "earn" it but it's pretty much the defining theme for the character in the movie. Pretty good but falls way short of Goldenthals & Elfmans Batman themes. 

BasilZero said:
I actually watched Batman Begins after The Dark Knight.

4/5

I heard that Batman Begins DVD sales & rentals spiked heavily in the TDK release month as many who hadn't seen it then decided to see it

d21lewis said:

And here's Jeremy Jahns with his two cents.  Dude, stay out of our forums!

X10 respect points for watching Jeremy Jahns 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

whose the best batman?
i always thought keaton was the best bruce wayne but bale is a darn great batman....

My issue was that they should not have led with R'as al Ghul. Mysticism doesn't click with Batman in the mainstream consciousness (though magic is as much a part of Batman's domain as any non-magical DC superhero, that is, less than Dr. Fate), so the idea of an immortal enemy threatening the city just didn't click with me. It seems to clash with the theme, especially something more closely resembling realism that they pursued with The Dark Knight.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.