By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Has the Muslim Brotherhood deeply infiltrated the U.S government?

sethnintendo said:
NiKKoM said:
great way to spend goverment money..

When you spend millions of dollars to make sure a President lied about getting his dick sucked then this makes about as much sense.

He lied under oath, that's why they spent millions

"Success really is decided at birth, and your life will never be better than it is right now. Sorry about that."

Around the Network
Figlioni said:
sethnintendo said:
Figlioni said:
Zappykins said:
No not really. I would be more concerned with The Mormons and the Roman Catholic Church. Especially the later one's pull with so many of the supreme court justices.

I really wish people would just leave Politics and Religion separately. It's like mixing eggs sunny side up and chocolate rice crispies. They just don't play nice together.

Why? Why would you be more concerned with mormons or catholics?

Explain....

Catholics don't like birth control but some are warming up to at least condom use.  Mormons are nice but have some pretty stupid beliefs.  If you like people that live in a fairy tale world controlling you then so be it.  I highly doubt Muslims have infiltrated the US government so worrying about other religious sects would be a better place to start.

So all your past presidents were atheists?

Btw, I don't believe the MBH has infiltrated the US government either, but to divert attention to other religions within your government as if they were just as dangerous, is just plain silly.

Yea, I'm not too worried about other religions but was mainly pointing out that they were more likely a threat than a Muslim Brotherhood infiltration.

Most of the "founding fathers" didn't look too highly on religion.    I know it is a yahoo link but I believe most of the quotes are right.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080907164409AA72VBt

Figlioni said:
sethnintendo said:
NiKKoM said:
great way to spend goverment money..

When you spend millions of dollars to make sure a President lied about getting his dick sucked then this makes about as much sense.

He lied under oath, that's why they spent millions

How about something that actually matters more than lying about sexual relations.  You know... like starting a war?  I guess it is okay to just blame "faulty" intelligence even though they were the ones providing the "intelligence". 

Clinton did make a mistake.  He lied and he should have never even answered that question. 

JazzB1987 said:

When will people realize that there is no such thing as bad muslim brotherhood or whatever.

its a bunch of powerful people that made up ENEMIES for normal people so we concentrate on fighting non existent enemies and each other while the powerful people no matter the race religion or whatever can keep getting more money (because war machine creates more income) and get better control of the normal people. (create useless stuff that is supposed to make life safer for us LOL) 

sure there is terrorists out there etc but its just because they were made terrorists and are even less educated than we are and therefore its even easier to tell them lies. Lets say in a village there is 99% of people who dont understand english. And some guy takes an english newspaper and spreads shit thats not even written there just so that they hate even more.

Their leaders are allies to our leaders and just the normal people think we (should)hate each other....

It was so 70 years ago and its still this way. Every government is corrupt and just wants profit.

In WW2 the us government gave money to the germans so they can fight the communists. but because they would have won to fast they gave money to the commies and then to the nazis again. They made millions because they kept the war going.

Its not different today.

Another example is  the german government. Its interwoven with the energy companies.  They  jump from politics  to high positions in the companies etc. And change the laws so they can get more money.  The old chancellor schroeder  for example was  a pro russian guy that made secret deals with gazprom and made a huge deal between  gazprom and germany  and now   that he is no chancellor anymore guess what he got a well paid job at gazprom.  Thats normal today.

Michelle Bachman is her own kind of stupid.  A stupid the far-right echoes often.  Don't be another kind of stupid. 

Before posting this you could have at least spent five minutes reading up on Wikipedia about the Muslim Brotherhood.  They are real, and they could be dangerous, however right now they are the enemy of two of our enemies, Al-Qaeda and Iran. 

Like I said, they are dangerous.  They hate Israel, and their belief is that the Sunni Muslim faith is the one true faith.  Which means not only are they a threat to any non-Sunni Muslims (the vast majority of Arab Muslim's are Sunni) but they are a potential threat to any non-Muslim (regardless of faith).

But the old adage applies.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Israel's biggest threat at the moment is Iran.  The worst Egypt could do at the moment, if the government believed toppling Israel militarily would be smart, would be to bother them like a fly.  The Muslim Brotherhood is a bigger threat to Iran than it is to Israel, especially if they are able to topple Syria.  The hatred between Sunni and Shia runs pretty deep, as witnessed by the strife that occurs in Iraq where Sunnis and Shias frequently attack each other.

But what would you rather have?  One future enemy in the potential enemy of the Muslim Brotherhood, or three enemies now in the form of Iran, Al-Qaeda, and the Muslim Brotherhood?  I'll take one future enemy over three current ones and let the Muslim Brotherhood take care of my other two enemies.

So they are real, and on their own they are a potential threat, but right now they are a bigger threat two to of our enemies and that is potentially more beneficial than making them another enemy in a region where we have few friends. 

Adinnieken said:
JazzB1987 said:

When will people realize that there is no such thing as bad muslim brotherhood or whatever.

its a bunch of powerful people that made up ENEMIES for normal people so we concentrate on fighting non existent enemies and each other while the powerful people no matter the race religion or whatever can keep getting more money (because war machine creates more income) and get better control of the normal people. (create useless stuff that is supposed to make life safer for us LOL) 

sure there is terrorists out there etc but its just because they were made terrorists and are even less educated than we are and therefore its even easier to tell them lies. Lets say in a village there is 99% of people who dont understand english. And some guy takes an english newspaper and spreads shit thats not even written there just so that they hate even more.

Their leaders are allies to our leaders and just the normal people think we (should)hate each other....

It was so 70 years ago and its still this way. Every government is corrupt and just wants profit.

In WW2 the us government gave money to the germans so they can fight the communists. but because they would have won to fast they gave money to the commies and then to the nazis again. They made millions because they kept the war going.

Its not different today.

Another example is  the german government. Its interwoven with the energy companies.  They  jump from politics  to high positions in the companies etc. And change the laws so they can get more money.  The old chancellor schroeder  for example was  a pro russian guy that made secret deals with gazprom and made a huge deal between  gazprom and germany  and now   that he is no chancellor anymore guess what he got a well paid job at gazprom.  Thats normal today.

Michelle Bachman is her own kind of stupid.  A stupid the far-right echoes often.  Don't be another kind of stupid. 

Before posting this you could have at least spent five minutes reading up on Wikipedia about the Muslim Brotherhood.  They are real, and they could be dangerous, however right now they are the enemy of two of our enemies, Al-Qaeda and Iran. 

Like I said, they are dangerous.  They hate Israel, and their belief is that the Sunni Muslim faith is the one true faith.  Which means not only are they a threat to any non-Sunni Muslims (the vast majority of Arab Muslim's are Sunni) but they are a potential threat to any non-Muslim (regardless of faith).

But the old adage applies.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Israel's biggest threat at the moment is Iran.  The worst Egypt could do at the moment, if the government believed toppling Israel militarily would be smart, would be to bother them like a fly.  The Muslim Brotherhood is a bigger threat to Iran than it is to Israel, especially if they are able to topple Syria.  The hatred between Sunni and Shia runs pretty deep, as witnessed by the strife that occurs in Iraq where Sunnis and Shias frequently attack each other.

But what would you rather have?  One future enemy in the potential enemy of the Muslim Brotherhood, or three enemies now in the form of Iran, Al-Qaeda, and the Muslim Brotherhood?  I'll take one future enemy over three current ones and let the Muslim Brotherhood take care of my other two enemies.

So they are real, and on their own they are a potential threat, but right now they are a bigger threat two to of our enemies and that is potentially more beneficial than making them another enemy in a region where we have few friends. 

I'm still not grasping why exactly Sunni and Shia hate each other so much. The original difference between them was a split over who should be Caliph, and since the Caliphate went out with the Ottoman Empire almost 100 years ago, why does anyone care? (being that i know that means that there are other differences, but Muslims i've asked on this board have been unable to describe them to me)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I feel like this is has to have been taken mightily out of contest.

Looking at the article... yes you took it way out of context.

"Bachmann said she never accused Abedin of working on behalf of the Brotherhood but questions how Abedin obtained a State Department security clearance, the Times reported."

You fell for one of the oldest tricks in news media.   Making the first couple paragraphs really provocative and shocking.... then completely backing off of it because it's essentially made up.

Granted it's old because now the internet is just mostly "Make up wild exagerrated claims and then link a source article for support" that may link another article and diasy chain it's way through 12 links before it gets to the real, not controversial taken way out of context statement... but still.  You had an article that had the truth right  in it.

The only people who really believe the US government is inflitraited by the Muslim Brotherhood is except possibly Egyptian Liberals.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/47941/Egypt/Politics-/No-secret-deal-with-Brotherhood,-US-officials-tell.aspx

Mr Khan said:
Adinnieken said:
JazzB1987 said:

I'm still not grasping why exactly Sunni and Shia hate each other so much. The original difference between them was a split over who should be Caliph, and since the Caliphate went out with the Ottoman Empire almost 100 years ago, why does anyone care? (being that i know that means that there are other differences, but Muslims i've asked on this board have been unable to describe them to me)

I'm no expert so I may be misrepresenting islam, (Making this clear) most of my knowledge of Islam coming from the direct reading of text and personal revelations from such but as far as I can tell the BIGGEST bone to pick between the two is...

Shi'a Islam views their Imam's as unfallable, unsinnable beings who were basically analagous the Pope.   With the last "Pope" doubling as a Messianic figure.   The Mahdi who will come back and save everyone.

While Sunni's believe the Mahdi has not been born yet.

Also, they had totally different Imans.   It's practically the difference between Christianity and Judiasim as far as i can tell...

Though I may be largely off.... since each branch has it's own many sub branches... but either way.  There is a ton of difference.

There are plenty of other smaller differences too, but they seem not worth mentioning.  (Assuming I'm right... which I could totally be wrong.  Hopefully such a post will lead someone to correct me where I may be off.)

Never really asked any of my muslim friends the difference... most of them seeming to be more "liberal interpretationists" anwyay.

Oddly, most of my friends from the Middle East are Catholic.

Kasz216 said:

I feel like this is has to have been taken mightily out of contest.

Looking at the article... yes you took it way out of context.

"Bachmann said she never accused Abedin of working on behalf of the Brotherhood but questions how Abedin obtained a State Department security clearance, the Times reported."

You fell for one of the oldest tricks in news media.   Making the first couple paragraphs really provocative and shocking.... then completely backing off of it because it's essentially made up.

Granted it's old because now the internet is just mostly "Make up wild exagerrated claims and then link a source article for support" that may link another article and diasy chain it's way through 12 links before it gets to the real, not controversial taken way out of context statement... but still.  You had an article that had the truth right  in it.

The only people who really believe the US government is inflitraited by the Muslim Brotherhood is except possibly Egyptian Liberals.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/47941/Egypt/Politics-/No-secret-deal-with-Brotherhood,-US-officials-tell.aspx

The article, which was on Newsmax (a conservative news source linked with Drudge) had this as the subject:

Bachmann: Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrating Obama Administration

Tuesday, 17 Jul 2012 12:04 PM

By Patrick Hobin

Share:
More . . .
A    A   |
   Email Us   |
   Print   |
Rep. Michele Bachmann is raising questions about possible ties between the family of a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the Muslim Brotherhood, the St. Cloud Times reported, and called for a probe of potential Muslim Brotherhood infiltration into the Obama administration.
Bachmann, a member of the House intelligence committee and former Republican presidential candidate, is asking how Huma Abedin, deputy chief of staff to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and wife of former New York congressman Anthony Weiner, received State Department security clearance despite three members of Abedin’s family having ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, an international Islamist group that recently came to power in Egypt, the Times reported. 

Bachmann says Abedin’s job gives her routine access to Clinton, and says the State Department has taken recent actions “that have been enormously favorable to the Muslim Brotherhood and its interests,” according to the Times.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Bachmann: Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrating Obama Administration 
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

It is not me taking it out of context.  It is me mentioning the title of the article.  I didn't pick it, Newsmax did.  And they wrote that.  I end up asking about this, because that is what the article implies Bachmann said.

And here is Bachmann on Glenn Beck's show saying this:

Michelle Bachman can't even figure out that she is married to a homosexual I don't think she has a clue on anything.

Turkish said:
Don't forget the communists.

OR the ancient aliens. Heard there making a come back.