By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Has the Muslim Brotherhood deeply infiltrated the U.S government?

Chris Hu said:
Michelle Bachman can't even figure out that she is married to a homosexual I don't think she has a clue on anything.

LOL

This is mean but she is mean, so it's ok.

I want to be the one asking her the questions and keep asking her why she can't look at me? Then get mad about it as if she is insulting me. WHY CAN'T YOU LOOK AT ME?

Yea thats why he has a scare they gay away camp.  Thats why he hates it so much, is because he is it and is ashamed. In 20 years he will come out and no one will be surprised but michelle.

Sorry for the horrible failed jokes but I did try.

Around the Network

And this was from mid to late June from Bachmann:

richardhutnik said:

And this was from mid to late June from Bachmann:

This just proves one thing, Michelle Bachman is a Liberal!

For anyone that believes this stuff, I regret to inform you that your mind has been deeply infiltrated by stupidity.

richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:

I feel like this is has to have been taken mightily out of contest.

Looking at the article... yes you took it way out of context.

"Bachmann said she never accused Abedin of working on behalf of the Brotherhood but questions how Abedin obtained a State Department security clearance, the Times reported."

You fell for one of the oldest tricks in news media.   Making the first couple paragraphs really provocative and shocking.... then completely backing off of it because it's essentially made up.

Granted it's old because now the internet is just mostly "Make up wild exagerrated claims and then link a source article for support" that may link another article and diasy chain it's way through 12 links before it gets to the real, not controversial taken way out of context statement... but still.  You had an article that had the truth right  in it.

The only people who really believe the US government is inflitraited by the Muslim Brotherhood is except possibly Egyptian Liberals.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/47941/Egypt/Politics-/No-secret-deal-with-Brotherhood,-US-officials-tell.aspx

The article, which was on Newsmax (a conservative news source linked with Drudge) had this as the subject:

Bachmann: Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrating Obama Administration

Tuesday, 17 Jul 2012 12:04 PM

By Patrick Hobin

Share:
More . . .
A    A   |
   Email Us   |
   Print   |
Rep. Michele Bachmann is raising questions about possible ties between the family of a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the Muslim Brotherhood, the St. Cloud Times reported, and called for a probe of potential Muslim Brotherhood infiltration into the Obama administration.
Bachmann, a member of the House intelligence committee and former Republican presidential candidate, is asking how Huma Abedin, deputy chief of staff to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and wife of former New York congressman Anthony Weiner, received State Department security clearance despite three members of Abedin’s family having ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, an international Islamist group that recently came to power in Egypt, the Times reported. 

Bachmann says Abedin’s job gives her routine access to Clinton, and says the State Department has taken recent actions “that have been enormously favorable to the Muslim Brotherhood and its interests,” according to the Times.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Bachmann: Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrating Obama Administration 
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

It is not me taking it out of context.  It is me mentioning the title of the article.  I didn't pick it, Newsmax did.  And they wrote that.  I end up asking about this, because that is what the article implies Bachmann said.

And here is Bachmann on Glenn Beck's show saying this:

My point was you were using an out of context source.

She wants to know why Hilary Clinton's aide got approved despite ties of close relatives to the Muslim Brotherhood... that's a fair question.

The additionaly comment isn't really particularly related, just noting the US backing of the Muslim Brotherhood. (Or more accurately, democracy.)  Mentioned for political reasons.

Islamic takeover" is quite the leap.  As for the video... got the actual full interview?  In general you can make any position SOUND crazy by just taking specific clips of what is said.

Around the Network
justinian said:
zuvuyeay said:
Zappykins said:
No not really. I would be more concerned with The Mormons and the Roman Catholic Church. Especially the later one's pull with so many of the supreme court justices.

I really wish people would just leave Politics and Religion separately. It's like mixing eggs sunny side up and chocolate rice crispies. They just don't play nice together.

just out of interest how do you separate politics from relgion when say for example the muslim brotherhood are the govts in power in egypt etc or wherever they have just got in,i can't remember now

That's the question. Religion and politics combined is how that part of the world is governed. If that's what the people want and vote for then leave them to it. I do however see your point.

The thing is this system is still stuck in the past. Who is to say it wont work well again in the future with some key changes?

I am for different political systems over the world, not the "everything almost the same" political systems so many people seem to be after.

Let people choose what system they want and leave them to it. It's the dictating to others what is right and wrong for them that helps create so many global problems.

As for this story it just proves to be careful what you wish for.

i agree with you,let the people vote on what they want,i certainly don't want the uk,usa dictating policy like they have done/tried too in the past,i was just asking how they separate religion from politics,those forces will eventually rub up against each other the more wealthy/independant the population become its inevitable,however long it takes

i don't mind relgious institutions but i certainly wouldn't want to be ruled by relgious doctrine myself but like you say its for countries to work out for themselves,which i assume is what is happening in the middle east after military dictatorships break down,everything has its pros and cons

Above & Beyond

Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:

"Bachmann said she never accused Abedin of working on behalf of the Brotherhood but questions how Abedin obtained a State Department security clearance, the Times reported."

You fell for one of the oldest tricks in news media.   Making the first couple paragraphs really provocative and shocking.... then completely backing off of it because it's essentially made up.

Granted it's old because now the internet is just mostly "Make up wild exagerrated claims and then link a source article for support" that may link another article and diasy chain it's way through 12 links before it gets to the real, not controversial taken way out of context statement... but still.  You had an article that had the truth right  in it.

The only people who really believe the US government is inflitraited by the Muslim Brotherhood is except possibly Egyptian Liberals.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/47941/Egypt/Politics-/No-secret-deal-with-Brotherhood,-US-officials-tell.aspx

The article, which was on Newsmax (a conservative news source linked with Drudge) had this as the subject:

By Patrick Hobin

Share:
More . . .
A    A   |
   Email Us   |
   Print   |
Rep. Michele Bachmann is raising questions about possible ties between the family of a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the Muslim Brotherhood, the St. Cloud Times reported, and called for a probe of potential Muslim Brotherhood infiltration into the Obama administration.
Bachmann, a member of the House intelligence committee and former Republican presidential candidate, is asking how Huma Abedin, deputy chief of staff to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and wife of former New York congressman Anthony Weiner, received State Department security clearance despite three members of Abedin’s family having ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, an international Islamist group that recently came to power in Egypt, the Times reported. 

Bachmann says Abedin’s job gives her routine access to Clinton, and says the State Department has taken recent actions “that have been enormously favorable to the Muslim Brotherhood and its interests,” according to the Times.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Bachmann: Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrating Obama Administration 

It is not me taking it out of context.  It is me mentioning the title of the article.  I didn't pick it, Newsmax did.  And they wrote that.  I end up asking about this, because that is what the article implies Bachmann said.

She wants to know why Hilary Clinton's aide got approved despite ties of close relatives to the Muslim Brotherhood... that's a fair question.

The additionaly comment isn't really particularly related, just noting the US backing of the Muslim Brotherhood. (Or more accurately, democracy.)  Mentioned for political reasons.

"Islamic takeover" is quite the leap.  As for the video... got the actual full interview?  In general you can make any position SOUND crazy by just taking specific clips of what is said.

I post an article linking to the issue.  The issue isn't the article.  The issue has to do with whether or not there is infilitration of the Muslim Brotherhood in the U.S government, or if Michele Bachmann is bat loco crazy for saying this.  Watch the video again. Bachmann is going off on some grand conspiracy theory.  These are Bachmann's own words.  What the heck else can I do here, outside of posts long context messages with Bachmann saying things?  The words I said are what Bachmann had said.  Bachmann goes into this think America's security is deeply threatened by this.  These are her words, and what she believes.  

And this isn't just about Hillary's aide.  Bachmann claims the military has been infiltrated also.  It isn't just one person, but a larger scale infiltration.

If you want more stuff, here you go.  Go to this page to download a copy of the PDF of the letter Bachmann sent out:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/documents/2012/jul/18/us-rep-michele-bachmanns-muslim-brotherhood-letter/

Bachmann uses what is in this video as proof of here allegations:

http://muslimbrotherhoodinamerica.com/

And it is individuals producing videos on this that are warning of infiltration of the U.S government by Muslim Brotherhood and others.  It is Glen Beck who is doing this.  They are raising the questions.    A video on it is there.  Watch that video on the site.  It is Red Scare level.

richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:

By Patrick Hobin

Share:
More . . .
A    A   |
   Email Us   |
   Print   |

"Islamic takeover" is quite the leap.  As for the video... got the actual full interview?  In general you can make any position SOUND crazy by just taking specific clips of what is said.

I post an article linking to the issue.  The issue isn't the article.  The issue has to do with whether or not there is infilitration of the Muslim Brotherhood in the U.S government, or if Michele Bachmann is bat loco crazy for saying this.  Watch the video again. Bachmann is going off on some grand conspiracy theory.

Richard... the point is... it's not Michelle Bachman that's crazy... it's the article.

The video is particular clips of what was likely a large paragraph, which could have had plenty of qualfiers that makes soemone NOT sound crazy.   I mean, it wasn't too long ago everyone was talking about how Mitt Romney in his own words said "I'm not worried about the poor." and wanted to destroy the social Saftey net.

Omitting the fact tht right before that he said "Because we have a social saftey net".

As for the PDF with her letter to them... have you read the letter?

It boils down to essentially....

"Is the Muslim Brotherhood as fractioned as we think?  Are we sure that the secular "reasonable" ones in places like Egypt and they're lobbiests in the US are as disconnected from the much more radical branches of the Muslim Brotherhood, or might our perception be let down by government coperation with them on many intellegence missions.

Please see if any members of said Muslim Brotherhood groups (which as shown by hilary's aide apparently meet security clearance.) are affecting decisions based around their interests, and if so in a damaging way... and inform congress whether or not this is the case, and how we can keep those who may have connections to the more extreme branches as well out of important departments that directly effect the muslim brotherhood."

The actual letter seems pretty reasonable, if not... completely pointless because one could only assume they're already doing this when they security check people.  Well outside of "Please inform congress."

It's not a "Red Scare".   It's asking for a review of something that's already been done.

A "Red Scare" would be...   "Investigate everyone who's name is remotely muslim or who's skin is darker then light tan."

So, Glen Beck is also trying to spin this to make Michelle Bachmann look ad?  This is from Glenn's site:

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/04/26/michele-bachmann-on-rumors-of-war-iii/

Bachmann is spending is 25-30 hours a week researching into infiltration of Muslim Brotherhood into the U.S government?  These are her words?  Is she trying to spin things herself?

This is a repeat of what was said before in here. This is what Bachmann apparently believes, and the PDF points to a documentary she was telling the governemt to check out, she considers accurate.  So, I post a link to the letter, to show that she wants people to check out the documentary on the Muslim Brotherhood.  That is what this is about.  And it goes back to the original question: Has the Muslim Brotherhood infiltrated the U.S government?  Has it?  Answer yes or no.  What I am getting is you don't believe this, and are trying to argue that Bachmann, Glenn Beck, and others I have pointed to, don't believe this, but what is being said is having things taken out of context.

So, which is it?  Do you believe the U.S government has been infiltrated by this, or do you not believe it, and believe that there is spin going on to make Bachmann and others look completely nuts?

Let's say for a moment this nonsense is true, exactly how will this create a problem for the US?

I can understand the repercussions of powerful states like russia, china or even n.korea infiltrating a government for military or economic gain ,but Egypt?

What do they realistically hope to gain or exploit?