By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Watch & Rate BATMAN FOREVER (1995) -- Batman Film Celebration Week

Rate BATMAN FOREVER

0 - Terribad!! 7 25.00%

1 - Never riddle me this! 0 0%

2 - Poooor 4 14.29%

3 - MEdiocre! 7 25.00%

4 - Good 6 21.43%

5 - Excellent Film! 2 7.14%

Total:26

Welcome to BATMAN FILM CELEBRATION WEEK!

My first BATMAN movie!!

This movie was made after Batman Returns...it showed a massive change in tone as Warner Bros felt Batman had to become more mainstream & kiddie orientated after the "poor" word of mouth from families for Batman Returns. So Batman Forever was born!

The movie did amazing at the box office back in the day & also broke the opening weekend record at the time.

The movie also brought a new BAtman...Val Kilmer this time! **fun fact...he found out he'd be the next batman while on an excursion in a BAt cave** how cooool is that!!!

With The Dark Knight Returns so close it's time to REWATCH the old Batman movies & rate them. Todays movie to rate is THE BATMAN!

If you remember it rate it, or watch it to hold you off till the sun RISES on July 20th! 

______

Timetable for BATMAN FILM CELEBRATION WEEK:

--------------- Burton's -------------------

12th July - The BATMAN (1989)

13th July - BATMAN RETURNS (1992)

Then we will move on...

--------------- Animated Series/Movies ------------

14th July - BATMAN : The Animated Series 

15th July - BATMAN : Mask Of Phantasm

Moving on...

--------------- Schumacher's -------------------

16th July - BATMAN FOREVER (1995)

17th July - BATMAN & ROBIN (1997)

And finally

--------------- Nolan's -------------------

18th July - BATMAN BEGINS (2005)

19th July - THE DARK KNIGHT (2008)

20th July - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (2012)

So we will do BATMAN FOREVER today & end with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES rating thread on 20th July...exciting times are ahead for us fellow rodents! 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Sooo this movie saw BIG changes.

HEre is the new Batsuit & the Robin Suit

Here is the new Batmobile

Here is the new BATMAN theme...love the opening...it's in your face & cheesy haha

Loved the new theme they made for it. Truly epic.

I have a love it or hate it relationship with this movie

It was my FAV Batman as a kid...and I cherished it for a long long time.

Even now I should love it, it's campy, desires to be epic, has a neo-futuristic vibe...but I just hated it when I watched it recently. Everything seemed off...but that was probably because I fell in love with BAtman BEgins before seeing it again.

The movie is clearly a relic of the past. The highlight for me is the art direction, music, Riddler & Robin was semi-decent.

I feel Forever doesn't know what it wants to be..it's in between Batmen & Robins feel & Burtons Batmans.

It's like a campy comedy that tried to keep the old Batman vibe...that didn't go down well with me. 

Both villains just seem like they want to copy the Joker in his way of acting. Two Face is an abomination in this movie. 

But there are parts in the movie that are epic, like the opening & Batmans glide beneath the building with the bat symbol in the background...and the camera going into the cape as that happens...truly epic. 

pezus said:
Could you include links to the other threads in the OP or something? Would be handy

I will do something fancier...done.

The last thread flopped harder than John Carter. I reckon thing will get busier from here on out though....the haterzz will come for BAtman & Robin in spades...and everyone will come for Nolans Trilogy. 

True story: I was suicidal back in 1995. I'd already had my spot picked out where I was going to die and everything. I said, "Before I go, I want to see the new Batman movie". Batman Forever was months away, at the time. I saw the images of Val Kilmer looking like a pretty kick-ass Batman, what appeared to be a pretty cool origin of Robin (his red and green costume was his circus attire), and it had Jim Carrey in it. I would see this movie and die a satisfied teenager.

This movie was total batshit. I was as happy as can be when it started. About ten minutes in (probably not even that long), I was pissed. I decided to live. I wasn't going to let my last experience with Batman be this turd of a movie. It somehow got good reviews but Two-Face/Joker and Riddler/Joker just......anyway, fuck this movie. There was no way things could get any worse......right?

Around the Network

What did Jeremy Jahns think of this movie?  Well, let's find out:

d21lewis said:

What did Jeremy Jahns think of this movie?  Well, let's find out:

lol nice review!!! Never seen his reviews before!

I loved it back when I was a kid. I need to watch it again, but I think I'd enjoy it still. Though I agree with the critics though, this is movie is way off the mark, but it wasn't any less entertaining.

I liked that movie. It was not as good as Batman returns but it was good.