By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ZombiU could be headed to Xbox 360

Tagged games:

It most likely would be an inferior port given the Wii U is supposedly more powerful, but this still is interesting.

Around the Network

I think this would be a good thing for both Microsoft and Nintendo, but mainly Nintendo - since their 3rd party support is weak. Smartglass and the Wii U could create a super audience that developers could take great advantage of. Like how the PS3 & X360 acted as a super huge audience for developers to take advantage of. The similarities between the PS3 & X360 resulted in great 3rd party support for both of the consoles. They really helped each other in this aspect. I think the same could happen with SmartGlass and the Wii U.

Developers may be sceptical that the Wii U is big enough to sell their games, but with the help of SmartGlass, they could see a great oppurtunity in making a ports for both versions. This also works vice-versa, developers could initially make a smartGlass title, and then decide to port it to the Wii U for easy money. This would result in more games for both Nintendo & Microsoft. Hell even the Vita-PS4 combo could help out. This would create a three-way super mega audience of tablet gameplay for 3rd party developers! This could be great for all companies. It's going to be interesting to see how this all works out. At least, this is how I hope it works out.

This has been known from the get-go. They said that practically at E3.

I'm skeptical that it would ever go anywhere else. One, in order to use Smartglass, you have to have multiple devices. You'll need a controller AND the tablet, and swapping back and forth as much as ZombiU will require is going to be incredibly tiresome.

And two, the game is WiiU-branded. Sure, they can remove the branding, but it's not the same then.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I was going to say the same thing thetonestarr but I was beaten. Anyway, I believe it'll remain exclusive. We'll see how Nintendo manage their declaration for full pledge 3rd party support once Wii U releases

CGI-Quality said:
I think they should see what kind of crowd it creates on the WiiU before making a final call. Who knows, this could be a serious break-out hit for the system and Nintendo.

I agree; I think it could be pretty important for WiiU.  I know several people who aren't gaming enthusiasts that say, "I want WiiU for that cool looking Zombie game where you use the second screen!"  Then they ask about Mario (of course) and that ninja star game they saw on Jimmy Fallon.  Point being that they've barely even heard of Pikmin, they don't have the first clue as to what a P-100 is, and they can already get Assassin's Creed 3 on their 360. 

Assuming the game is really good, I think Nintendo would be wise to dip into the war chest if necessary to make sure ZombiU stays exclusive to WiiU for at least the first full year, or better yet, forever.

Around the Network

If smartglass takes off sufficiently, certainly, though it could end up like Wii ports to Move

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

i just can't imagine it to play with smartglass. yes i think smartglass can be good for some games but i don't want to switch between controller and tablet all the time in this game^^

kivi95 said:
arcane_chaos said:
hmmm...ZombiU was the only interesting game on the WiiU atm...and I have a 360...looks like Ninty has lost a potential buyer(at the moment)

Why have so many people got excited so much for this game? I mean we have had sooooooo many Zombie games this generation that it's crazy.

I'm more into an actual survival horror games than just "Derp-Zombie games" Resident Evil has gone the action route, dead rising   was never 'survival horror" to me, dead island has caught my attention, and never was a fan of CoD "zombies"

dead has been the only good survival horror I've played this gen and even that seems to be going torwards the action route. ZombiU seems to has a "one-bite and you're done" a standard so it has my attention

Screw third parties i'm not buying anymore games from them, not that this was on my list to start with.

I'm sure it won't happen