By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I have $6,500 What Should i Do?

Save about $1000-$1500 for next gen consoles. Then use about the same to open a stock broker account for the stock market(you might need to be 18 for that) then either save the rest for a rainy day, or if you have a great idea, consider doing a business start up.

Around the Network

since 6.5k is not really much i would say do nothing with it if you don't need something (only some small investments and the rest at the bank for few percent interests to work against the inflation, people who say you can buy something from the interests forget that you don't make money with it, you just stop losing the worth of your money) and hold it back if you really need something anytime soon. you say you need no car but don't you want to have a car for private purposes? maybe not yet but in an year or so.

if you really want to spend the money i would use it to travel a little bit to see something of the world. if you haven't seen a lot of the world yet it will be awesome for you. if you already saw a lot of the world maybe don't use it for that

since you said you work and get more money in the future out of that you can still use that for whatever you want but i would say don't use all the money you have atm for something you don't really need and if you need something then you have nothing to buy it anymore^^