By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I have $6,500 What Should i Do?

Get a car anyway, having our own car is like cheating. You can drive where ever and when ever you want. Cheap car I say, like 2-4k

Around the Network

asking the internet the advice?

If you put money in a savings accounts, banks will lend it to other people. You'll settle for a yearly percentage. Other people will get to borrow for interest. If you get interest that is 10% yearly it is good for you because the bank will pay you back with +10%, but 2% and 4% is to low. that mean there is to much money in circulation.

anyways ask your parents for advice.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Buy 14 boxes of Pokemon cards...

I would say save $3000 away for rainy day / college

Use the rest to treat yourself to some world travel. Go international.

FattyDingDong said:

I have $6,500 cash.  I'm a 17 year old guy and I work at this big factory with other people, most of whom are middle aged men. I got hired because of my strength, I'm pretty big and tall 6'6.  If you'd see me in real life you wouldn't believe I'm 17.   But anyways, I work 10 hours a day, 5 times a week and I make 19 dollars an hour.  This is just for the summer, as soon as school starts I'll only work 5 hours a day(after school).   But anyways, so far I've saved up a lot because i never have time to spend it.   Here is a picture of my money.

I'm not trying to show off or anything. I just simply need advice, what should i do with the money? I live with my parents because i'm still 17 and go to high school. I don't have to pay bills. And i don't really need a car because the factory is like 2 minutes away from my house. I'm a workoholic I love to work and make money!  I'm very open minded. So please give me any advice.

1) I hate it when people say things like that, it make me really small. 

2) You failed at that by making this thread.

I say seeing as you come on here, splurge a bit of it on a collection of new games. Any games you want but didn't have the money at the time, well now is a time you have the money; Get It! Or spend it on another interest you might have. Or if you have a special other, do something that's good for the two fo you.

If you want to spend it, it really isn't that hard to think of things.

Around the Network

use it wisely. give to your mom for your college funds. they raised you all along they they reserve it. dont listen to thse fucks. 

SecondWar said:

2) You failed at that by making this thread.

If you want to spend it, it really isn't that hard to think of things.

I think he wants advice on how he can save or invest some of it more than on which new toy he should buy, so I don't think he's showing off.

Still get a car it's going to be useful

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

zero129 said:

Go out buy a monster gaming PC (Or build one!) install steam while the summer sale is on and you will be in gaming heaven :D.
That or just continue saving :D.

A top gaming PC can be built for under $2000. $6500 would be a waste of money.

Put it in an RRSP or TFSA.