By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman Arkham sequel could be 50s prequel

Tagged games:

New, highly stylized title is being developed as a prequel that revolves around Batman's first meeting with the Joker. It's based on the Silver Age of DC's comicbooks from the 1950s when the Caped Crusader teamed with other heroes like Superman and founded the Justice League of America.

Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill voiced Batman and the Joker, respectively, in the previous games. Hamill has already said he won't be back to play the villain in the next game.

Here is the original source:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056432

This would be pretty cool. It would show that they are ready to change things unlike Sony Santa Monica.

Around the Network

If it follows the same Metroid feel of the last game (open-closed world + upgrades) then I'm all over it!

I can't even begin to think what funny camp things could be added with Silver-age batman, bat-baby anyone?

KylieDog said:
Sounds crap.

Batman Arkham Asylum did as well, and became one of the best of this generation

Silver age Batman Sucks.

what's the comment about santa monica about? :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

Ascension is the 6th(?) GoW and looks just like every other GoW.

Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

if you just go by appearence yes. They are trying quite a few new things with the game from what we have seen already. This isn't even being 'creative' ..they are just using a different already existing comic book line.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

It deserves tons more games. They would have to do this because in Arkham city they had so many characters it seemed like there would be nothing left to do. I say batman with marvel beating the crap out of spiderman.

Oh wait this is about God of War, Sony Santa Monica works on tons of projects. It will suck tough if GOW is the same I might skip it. Beat-em-ups get old fast.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

if you just go by appearence yes. They are trying quite a few new things with the game from what we have seen already. This isn't even being 'creative' ..they are just using a different already existing comic book line.

Like what? They added Multiplayer, the most cliche thing to do nowadays. When a game goes beyond the trilogy mark it must take steps to refresh to formula. Ascension has the same character( its time to retire Kratos), Same setting...it just time for something new. I can promise Ascension will be the last GoW that wont face backlash for being more of the same.

Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

How is that a bad thing ? I don't mind since its the gameplay I like with different enemies and different places to visit.

And FYI, there are, and have been subtle changes over the course of the 6 games. It just isn't obvious enough at first glance.

I've noticed quite a few changes in Ascension that people do not notice easily.