By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U CPU Weaker than PS360

NintendoPie said:
Am I not the only one noticing the really bad news?!?!

lol what really bad news?

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
osed125 said:
NintendoPie said:

lol what really bas news?

It was confirmed at this year's E3 that Snoop Dogg will feature in the game as a non-playable character, having contributed music to the game's soundtrack."

NintendoPie said:
osed125 said:
NintendoPie said:

lol what really bas news?

It was confirmed at this year's E3 that Snoop Dogg will feature in the game as a non-playable character, having contributed music to the game's soundtrack."

0.o I didn't notice that...that's really bad news!!

Nintendo and PC gamer

...i like how someone gets called a a 12 year old just for stating their opinion

lilbroex said:
Heavenly_King said:
The WiiU may have better specs, but in order to render the game twice (TV and gamepad) it can not look as good as if all the power goes only to 1 screen.

Funny that the WiiU "strength" is also it's weakness.

There are alraedy 2 games rendering to both screens at the same time that are producing better graphics than what can be done no the 360/PS3.  ZombiU and P-100.

The Wii U has a far superior GPU. This is the processor we are discussing. Graphics are not a factor here.

ZombiU didn't seem that much better graphically than say Killzone 3 or Halo 4 for example, especially if it's running at 720p (is it?). I'll check out p-100.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
osed125 said:

(..)

Well, guess we're not going to buy Tekken Tag Tournament then! :P

I'm sure some of it is due to the newness of Wii U. People had tons of problems with programming for the PS3, and that has since turned around quite a bit.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

o_O.Q said:
...i like how someone gets called a a 12 year old just for stating their opinion

Point taken, and yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But you have to admit that when someone resorts to saying, "P-100 is a crappy cartoony looking game, which looks like an original XBOX game in HD", it makes most of us question the credibility of one's knowledge.  It would be downright impossible for that game - as it currently exists on WiiU - to be on a 6th gen console, even if it somehow ran in the exact same resolution.

I mean, one could say something like, "Uncharted 3 looks like it could have been done on the PS2, ony in HD".  That would be their opinion, but most people (including myself), would not value their opinion much as a knowledgeable source.   

archbrix said:
o_O.Q said:

Point taken, and yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But you have to admit that when someone resorts to saying, "P-100 is a crappy cartoony looking game, which looks like an original XBOX game in HD", it makes most of us question the credibility of one's knowledge.  It would be downright impossible for that game - as it currently exists on WiiU - to be on a 6th gen console, even if it somehow ran in the exact same resolution.

I mean, one could say something like, "Uncharted 3 looks like it could have been done on the PS2, ony in HD".  That would be their opinion, but most people (including myself), would not value their opinion much as a knowledgeable source.   

so you think calling him a 12 year old is justifiable?

if he wasn't impressed he wasn't impressed

after watching a couple videos for it myself i wasn't that impressed either, although i wouldn't go as far as calling it xbox level 

digitalnasties said:

CPU and GPU are two diffident things Katsuhiro Harada should know that.

Yes, he does seem to know that:

"As far as graphical processing and such, it's not much of an issue. But as far as the CPU goes, the clock is kinda low."

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix