By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some Self-imposed gaming challenges that you have tried?

NintendoPie said:

Why did you post this?

Double Mint, double post, get it?

Around the Network

I did a challenge once without realising it. In Final fantasy 3 (JP), I went through the cave of splitting creatures without the use of a Dark Knight. I found out later that I was supposed to get the Dark Knight class in a village somewhere beforehand...

A friend of mine broke my high score for Star Fox 64. I beat his score ten times just to take him off the leader-board lol.

mtu9356 said:
A friend of mine broke my high score for Star Fox 64. I beat his score ten times just to take him off the leader-board lol.

happydolphin said:
NintendoPie said:

Why did you post this?

Double Mint, double post, get it?

I think he is a little slow.

Right NinPie?

Around the Network

Resident Evil 4 -

Professional mode with the basic given handgun and TMP (no stock). I wanted to do this because they were the only guns I ever saw in the cutscenes being used (Including separate ways).

inFamous -

Hard mode evil run with no upgrades. Because fuck upgrades.

MGS4 -

No use of the store on highest difficulty. Meaning I've only got ammo that I find and weapons given to me in cutscense. Essentially I'm forced to use stealth or die over and over.

4 ≈ One

mtu9356 said:

Well done.

4 ≈ One

I've done a lot of challenges during my gaming years, but some of those that i'm really proud of are:

- Beat the Black Rabite on Secret of Mana 2 with an underlevelled team (even with a level 99 team, it's almost impossible to beat it)

- Completed Order of Ecclesia Hard Mode Lvl 1 challenge (think NES Ninja Gaiden is bad with off screen enemies? this baby will make you cry, since not only you have off screen enemies and random projectiles, everything OHKO's you).

- Completed the original Contra without using the Konami Code.

- Completed Battletoads solo.

- Finally managed to defeat the last boss of Mushihimesama Futari Ultra Mode.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Wth Spurge? Why do you reply so late?

spurgeonryan said:
Jay520 said:
Wth Spurge? Why do you reply so late?

Because I have like 20 threads and it is hard to keep track of them. Why does it matter? I have not necrobumbed. I did not just make a one word reply like "Cool", and I do like one a day.

Why is this the second time in two days that you have come in and been bothered to say anything? Are you the new Seece of the site that plans on bothering me about every single thing? Is it your intention to single me out in your crusade to annoy me? The site is dead! Be happy I am doing something. I have been gone all day. If no one is interested then it will probably die on its own because Ig will not double or triple post.

Because I find it odd when people reply to posts days after they are posted even though they could have replied earlier. I was curious as to why. Lol nobody's trying to bother you. Stop being paradoid. I've asked plenty of people before why they reply to threads so late. They normally just give a decent answer, my curiosity is satisfied, and we both move on. No one's singling you out. It was an entertaining post though.

EDIT: And what do you mean bothering you with every single thing?