By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some Self-imposed gaming challenges that you have tried?

happydolphin said:
spenderzz said:

No actually getting punched.  It's impossible to do a full playthrough without blocking.

I can finish the game without ever blocking, except the one time where Mike does his five-jab combo in round two.

Exactly.

Around the Network
spenderzz said:

Exactly.

I probably could try to avoid it, but every time I did I ended up getting hit, he's so unpredictable :P

NintendoPie said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
NintendoPie said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Not me, but I've seen a let's play on Youtube of a dude who finished FFXIII without using the crystarium. Absolute madness.

How is that even possible? The normal battles later on in the game are as hard as some boss battles!

I think they upgrade the weapons a lot, but I've heard he made it to Oerba without upgrading anything. It actually says a lot about how flexible the game's battle system is. Search for it, I'm sure you can find it easily.

But how could you even get passed the Aster Protoflorian without any upgrades?! That boss is super freaking hard!

Well you always have those crazy challenges for FF games, also never understood how people got to the end of FFIX in less than 24 hours and using their basic weapons only..

Well did Legendary ASLO, also beat Okami in less than ten hours...hmm their is possible a lot of other stuff...

I've personally done pretty much all the sequence breaking possible in Super Metroid. I've always wanted to attempt the Nuzlocke challenge, but never have got round to it.

Super Mario Bros. - Beat all 32 levels without getting hit.

Zelda II the Adventure of Link - Completed a 100% no death run of the game. ( I didn't use the dark link battle glitch either )

-Completed the game and only leveled magic and attack( you have to hit hard and fast since you'll be killed in a hit or two )

- Completed the game and only leveled up life and attack

- Completed the game and only leveled up magic and life ( IMO the hardest due to the fact that it takes forever to kill the later bosses, I'm looking at you Thunderbird. )

Kirby Superstar - Beat the Arena without using any copy abilities

Luigi's Mansion - Completed a perfect run of the game ( collected every single treasure, and gold framed every ghost )

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:
I've personally done pretty much all the sequence breaking possible in Super Metroid. I've always wanted to attempt the Nuzlocke challenge, but never have got round to it.

What the heck is the Nuzlocke challenge?

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

Walkthrublazer3 said:

Super Mario Bros. - Beat all 32 levels without getting hit.

Zelda II the Adventure of Link - Completed a 100% no death run of the game. ( I didn't use the dark link battle glitch either )

-Completed the game and only leveled magic and attack( you have to hit hard and fast since you'll be killed in a hit or two )

- Completed the game and only leveled up life and attack

- Completed the game and only leveled up magic and life ( IMO the hardest due to the fact that it takes forever to kill the later bosses, I'm looking at you Thunderbird. )

Agggh??

Trying to beat Super Castlevania IV without continues just now, actually. I always fuck up on Stage 8 or 9. >_>

Simply beating Super Metroid as fast as I can. I managed to squeeze it down to 52 minutes with one run. Nothing impressive, though in my defense the doors in the PAL version open a bit slower than in the NTSC version. Doesn't sound like much, but it's just enough to put you off your stride when using the Speed Booster because the door wasn't fully open. And then you'll have to regain your momentum all over again. It makes some Shinesparks impossible in the PAL version. Some also say Samus doesn't handle quite as precisely in the PAL version due to framerate differences, making some of the high-precision tricks harder to pull off. I personally can't attest to that, but I've never once had a problem with Super Metroid's controls.

I think I could make it under 50 minutes in the PAL version with enough determination. (And if I didn't stop to save the animal buddies every time. But what kind of a heartless dick wouldn't do that?)

I've also played through most campaign missions in Warcraft III without letting anyone die. Of course, some are pretty much impossible, like "Under the Burning Sky" and "Twilight of the Gods".

Korppi said:

I've also played through most campaign missions in Warcraft III without letting anyone die. Of course, some are pretty much impossible, like "Under the Burning Sky" and "Twilight of the Gods".

Frozen Throne, hard difficulty?

happydolphin said:
Korppi said:

Frozen Throne, hard difficulty?

Yup. I have this whole "no man left behind" mentality. Borders on compulsive, really.