By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Telltale's Walking Dead series going retail, plus a Season 2?

Telltale will release the first five episodes of its The Walking Dead adventure games in North American retail outlets following the final episode's digital launch, the developer confirmed to Polygon today.

Telltale also confirmed that the five-episode series would not be the only games set in the Walking Dead universe that the studio plans on creating.

"We believe there is no better company than Telltale to bring complex narrative IP to interactive entertainment," senior vice president of marketing Steve Allison said in a statement to Polygon. "Our first episodic game series based on The Walking Dead has sold nearly 1.7 million episodes to consumers in just our first 8 weeks with no signs of slowing down. We have three more episodes to go with Episode 3 targeted for August as we confirmed yesterday.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

Allison also commented on the Activision-published shooter set in the Walking Dead universe, announced earlier today.

"Regarding today's announcement of a project based [on] the AMC TV series coming in 2013," Allison said, "as huge fans of the franchise and the show, we're looking forward to seeing Terminal Reality's game when it comes out."

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/6/3141748/telltale-walking-dead-season-two

It will still be a while before all 5 episodes are released, although I have enough games right now and might just wait until the retail release.

Around the Network

Guess I'm getting the disk too.

Heck yeah! I like these digital compilations reaching retail. Journey collection, back to the future compilation, and now this. Here's to hoping for a spin off compilation maybe with Infamous FoB, Ratchet and Clank QfB, and something else.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Ep1 and Ep2 were the bomb!!!! Woohooo!!! Ep3!!!!!

Yay!!!

It surprises me no one notices all the plot holes in this interactive comic book.

Around the Network
homer said:
Heck yeah! I like these digital compilations reaching retail. Journey collection, back to the future compilation, and now this. Here's to hoping for a spin off compilation maybe with Infamous FoB, Ratchet and Clank QfB, and something else.

Quest for Booty already had a disc release in Europe.

MasterVG71782 said:
homer said:

Quest for Booty already had a disc release in Europe.

That doesn't help me(an American) one bit. If I only wanted that one game, I would download it, but I would prefer to have some collection to save space.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

well as long as it come after the final ep or I would've been pissed. but I implore anyone remotely interested in this game to get it, you won't be dissapointed. loved ep.2 (a word of advice on whoever is about to play ep.2....don't trust those farmers)

arcane_chaos said:
well as long as it come after the final ep or I would've been pissed. but I implore anyone remotely interested in this game to get it, you won't be dissapointed. loved ep.2 (a word of advice on whoever is about to play ep.2....don't trust those farmers)

As if anyone would need to be told that.  Those guys reeked of creepiness from the get go.

I'm really pumped they are gonna keep it going past the first season.  I know they aren't perfect, but I have not enjoyed anything as much as I have the first 2 episodes this year, and for even longer than that really.  I was a little reticent at first just because zombies have become so overplayed, but this series is the definition of how a zombie game should be.  The zombies are, at best, peripheral characters used to create the setting.  The stories are all about how cataclysm affects society and interpersonal relationships, and IMO it is brilliant.  I'm glad I have even more to look forward to.

GamerRant said:
It surprises me no one notices all the plot holes in this interactive comic book.

:o
like what?