By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Building the most powerful and smallest possible gaming PC

maybe you should have a look at the digital foundry gaming PC

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-introducing-the-digital-foundry-pc

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Do you really need a M-Itx mobo? Can't you go with a M-Atx board?

As for cases, Silverstone makes really good small form factor cases, such as the FT03 , and now they have a smaller version of it that can only accept M-Itx boards, the FT03-Mini.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Do you really need a M-Itx mobo? Can't you go with a M-Atx board?

As for cases, Silverstone makes really good small form factor cases, such as the FT03 , and now they have a smaller version of it that can only accept M-Itx boards, the FT03-Mini.

FT03-Mini is actually pretty sweet. On the short list it goes... :)

disolitude said:
Slimebeast said:
I'm just curious why you want one? You could just walk a few steps into your gaming room and play wth your regular PC. No need to have two.

Im moving to a much smaller place. Gone are 3 monitors, projector, dual GTX580 watercooled pc... I haven't played with most of that stuff anyways for 6 months.

So essentially I am building my gaming PC which also needs to be a HTPC and look attractive in the living room.

Oh okay, that makes sense.

Now what have you played on in the last 6 months then?

Slimebeast said:
disolitude said:
Slimebeast said:
I'm just curious why you want one? You could just walk a few steps into your gaming room and play wth your regular PC. No need to have two.

Im moving to a much smaller place. Gone are 3 monitors, projector, dual GTX580 watercooled pc... I haven't played with most of that stuff anyways for 6 months.

So essentially I am building my gaming PC which also needs to be a HTPC and look attractive in the living room.

Since last christmas season I played Alan Wake DLC, Mass Effect 3, Sonic Episode 2 and latest Mortal Kombat...all on 360. Thats it. Gaming isn't really doing it for me anymore, but it would still be nice to have a PC that can play a game or two if needed...

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Slimebeast said:
disolitude said:
Slimebeast said:

Since last christmas season I played Alan Wake DLC, Mass Effect 3, Sonic Episode 2 and latest Mortal Kombat...all on 360. Thats it. Gaming isn't really doing it for me anymore, but it would still be nice to have a PC that can play a game or two if needed...

I'm getting worried for you. What are you going to do instead of gaming?

And your kinda old if I remember correctly, 35'ish like me. If you've come this far and not gotten tired of gaming I think you should keep gaming until the grave.

Slimebeast said:
disolitude said:
Slimebeast said:
disolitude said:
Slimebeast said:

I'm getting worried for you. What are you going to do instead of gaming?

And your kinda old if I remember correctly, 35'ish like me. If you've come this far and not gotten tired of gaming I think you should keep gaming until the grave.

haha...well I appreciate the concerns. I am 30 years old...and yeah gaming was part of my life since I was 7.

Maybe when I have a kid or two I will get back in to it like in the old days but I'm just too busy to enjoy gaming like before.

mysticwolf said:
I would suggest Nvidia over AMD, but i don't know anything about GPUs.

Seriously, I don't

Lol this.... 

When I bought my GPU i just looked at each of them and got the impression that AMD is more for overclocker who like like mess with their computer. Lol idk why.

and Also i thought it looked cooler.

I just have two words for you.

Raspberry Pie

kain_kusanagi said:
I just have two words for you.

Raspberry Pie

Haha...if only it could run Windows, and look esthetically pleasing.