By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Building the most powerful and smallest possible gaming PC

I am looking to build another gaming PC, however it needs to be as small as possible, stlish in order to fit in with modern furniture and it needs to be somewhat powerful.

I have a general idea on what I want to build with but I thought I'd ask the community here on thoughts and specifics about this.

CPU: Ivy /Sandy Bridge or Bouldozer or even Trinity APU?

GPU:AMD or Nvidia (low profile if possible)

Case: ??

Mini-itx: mobo: ??

PSU: 500W or less...

Around the Network

Budget?

Andrespetmonkey said:
Budget?

I guess $1500 bucks max.

?

CPU: i7 3770K (qc @ 3.50ghz)

GPU: GTX 560 Ti 1gb

Case: ??

Mini-itx: mobo: ??

PSU: 550w

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fierce-Hazer-600-Mini-Tower-Gaming-PC-Intel-Quad-Core-i7-3770K-3-50Ghz-Win7-/150777170500#ht_6525wt_952

This is a great PC, and it's pretty small, not console small, but smaller than the average desktop. About $1400.

Around the Network

Check out these small alienware PCs: http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-x51/fs

I would suggest Nvidia over AMD, but i don't know anything about GPUs.

Seriously, I don't

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I'm just curious why you want one? You could just walk a few steps into your gaming room and play wth your regular PC. No need to have two.

Slimebeast said:
I'm just curious why you want one? You could just walk a few steps into your gaming room and play wth your regular PC. No need to have two.

Im moving to a much smaller place. Gone are 3 monitors, projector, dual GTX580 watercooled pc... I haven't played with most of that stuff anyways for 6 months.

So essentially I am building my gaming PC which also needs to be a HTPC and look attractive in the living room.

Fumanchu said:

?

This thing is pretty solid actually. A little bigger than what I imagined and too pre-assembled for my taste but it could be a no hassle solution if I decide to go that route...