By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 43 - WipEout

No i meant the sig thing. Stop posting so fast!

Around the Network

I've never heard of WipeOut before, but it seems to be a lot like F Zero. I honestly thought Stefl was referring to the game show when he first mentioned it. lol

Also, those are some very strict rules set by the mod so everyone needs to be careful not to break them. We don't want any modkills this game because of its smaller size. In large games it doesn't matter as much, but it could really hurt us this time. Hopefully we don't have any lurkers this time around either. -_-

Also, due to last round I will not be making any joke votes or joke posts at all. It seems that some people can't take a joke, even if it was the first day.

spurgeonryan said:
Linkz is scum. He is playing off what I said last game as a joke, but he only does forced humor when he is scum. Profiled.

You seem to be very sure of yourself. Something about this post as well as your initial conversation with Linkz seems to be a bit forced. If you were both scum it would look good to have arguments against each other, but something that early seems too risky imo. For now:

FoS: Spurge
FoS: Linkz

theprof00 said:
I think we should limit ourselves to any losses today and move right into the night.
Anyone else think a no lynch is the best outcome of today?
Lets get it done and start night 1.

Seriously? Not only did you not read the rules, but you almost lost your abilities for the first night if you have any. I'm not sure what you are trying to do here, but it seems you either didn't read the OP at all, you wanted to see who else was paying attention, or you wanted others to vote for no lynch to make them lose their powers night one. No matter what it was I don't see the benefit from it.

HoS: Prof

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

c03n3nj0 said:
0_O

NO. I'M CRAZY.

I thought that was part of his sig. Man, why do y'all have to space your sentences so far apart? Shit.

so mr crazy, what are your thoughts on what prof did? instead of what he didn't do?

and why do you have you sentenes spaced just a far apart?

Well, I'm here, and I want to implement my plan to help speed the game up by stimulating real discussion even though this game has a hard clock.

I want everybody to put a vote in place. It means people have to make a stand, even if it's not too serious, even if it's No Lynch (well, not this game ), they still have to put it out there. It also means you can't COMPLETELY lurk.

If we didn't have a hard clock, yes we'd be in danger of ending the day prematurely, but that would also give valuable intel, and speed up the usually-horrid Day 1 at an acceptable price IMO.

Vote: to let us No Lynch
but seriously
Vote NotStan

I have a feeling he will turn out to be a lurker. So NotStan, get your ass in here and prove me wrong before you get lynched. Everyone else, lynch him

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

NotStan said:

Ohaider! Received my PM, read it. Going out though so wont be on for a bit.

Linkz seems to have this as a common occurrence now - not reading his damn PM -_-

If you're town, I do hope you read the rules better than you've read my posts.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Since I am sure stefl made this a simpler game I am sure that mafia would not want houseclaims. GoT is a much more complex story with a lot of characters who are both good and evil. I am almost sure there was not much stefl could do with this one.

Seems Radish and Linkz are against. Linkz wanted to distance himself a bit and did not say right out that he did not want them soon. But basically never wants it to happen

Still want you to answer how I tried to shut you up.

What are these words doing in my mouth, where did I say I don't want character claims? And how is that distancing myself from radish?

Wonktonodi said:
c03n3nj0 said:
0_O

NO. I'M CRAZY.

I thought that was part of his sig. Man, why do y'all have to space your sentences so far apart? Shit.

so mr crazy, what are your thoughts on what prof did? instead of what he didn't do?

and why do you have you sentenes spaced just a far apart?

Ha, that wasn't a serious complaint. There's nothing we can do about the spacing of sentences (uness we press shift + enter all the time). 

You mean his almost getting his power taken away? I took it as trolling stefl. He clearly knew the rules:

" Lol stefl
I didnt think you would be so quick to see that." ~ prof

Now, if we actually want to go further with this: 

1) He's a dick
2) He has no power in the first place, so doing something like that won't have too major consequences
3) He does have a power role, so he's stupid for being a dick and trolling stefl 

What else is there to this? 

(Note: not actually calling him a dick )

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Final-Fan said:
I want everybody to put a vote in place. It means people have to make a stand, even if it's not too serious, even if it's No Lynch (well, not this game ), they still have to put it out there. It also means you can't COMPLETELY lurk.

It seems like you just want the day to end even faster than normal. Any reason in particular? You can see who people are suspicious of without having to vote for that said person.

As for lurkers being mafia. While this is sometimes the case a lot of times it is just people too busy with other things to actually play. Last round the mafia practically forced Stefl to lurk and some of their other members were lurking a bit as well, but it is just guesswork. I agree though, we need to get everyone to participate in this game.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

theprof00 said:
Linkz there is only one way u could logically know that im scum.
and that is due to the fact that you sir are also scum
hos linkz
Vote no lynch
Now u dun lost ur power amigo. Thatll teach u to bus me.

What if I merely illogically know that you're scum?

I am somewhat surprised that only you were punished(prematurely) for discussing a no lynch, rather than whichever team you're on. I guess mafia without a kill would make it obvious you are in fact scum.

I can't say I'm surprised spurge reacted to your hypothetical as if no lynch was an actual option though. Current thinking is he'd be a bit more careful if he was mafia, but that's not necessarily true.

supermario128 said:
Final-Fan said:

It seems like you just want the day to end even faster than normal. Any reason in particular? You can see who people are suspicious of without having to vote for that said person.

As for lurkers being mafia. While this is sometimes the case a lot of times it is just people too busy with other things to actually play. Last round the mafia practically forced Stefl to lurk and some of their other members were lurking a bit as well, but it is just guesswork. I agree though, we need to get everyone to participate in this game.

Well, some people throw so much suspicion around it's worthless, or hard to tell who they are MOST suspicious of.  Lurkers hurt the game and also make it harder to scumhunt.  Why are you trying to make excuses for people?  After at least ten rounds of people joining and then deciding they don't actually feel like following the thread (or posting in it) after all, I don't think it's excusable anymore except in cases of unforseeable events like insomniac (or, if I'm misremembering, whoever had the fire near him). 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!