By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Quick poll - How many games?

@your mother

To call somebody ignorent fool like that is what I call banning materials, stop it or at least I will report that post.

@Kwaad

Never ever pay for things with credit. It always cost more than it would if you payed with cash. If you cant buy something in cash, then you shouldn't buy it. Their is always handlings fees and other things hidden somewhere.

But I must say that if you have problem with you econimical situation, why do you buy a sound system for 600 USD and a Wii for another 250 USD? As far as I know you own a PS2, you should be able to continue to buy some great games during this year to that system. Giving the time to save some money and mayby get your favorit system cheaper. Heck I think I earn a lot more than you and I am looking through preused copies and other places to find old gems for my GameCube. You don't need to do that to keep your PS2 alive, it will be more than alive through 2007, and will probarbly also have a decent life until the middle of 2008.

@Thread

Well so far I haven't bought a next gen system so I wouldn't bought any games either

Probarbly will buy a Wii when the games I want start to arrive in PAL.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

@robjoh:

brush up on your English.

Ignorant:

1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3.uninformed; unaware.
4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

Fool:

1. One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.
  2. One who acts unwisely on a given occasion: I was a fool to have quit my job.
  3. One who has been tricked or made to appear ridiculous; a dupe: They made a fool of me by pretending I had won.
  4. Informal A person with a talent or enthusiasm for a certain activity: a dancing fool; a fool for skiing.
  5. A member of a royal or noble household who provided entertainment, as with jokes or antics; a jester.
  6. One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth: a holy fool.
  7. A dessert made of stewed or puréed fruit mixed with cream or custard and served cold.
  8. Archaic A mentally deficient person; an idiot.
Please point to me how declaring someone who does not know any better bannable material and I will stop using these terms.

Edit: He showed that he lacked the knowledge about economics (something you yourself are stating in your post) and he showed that he was deficient in his understanding of the subject, acted unwisely, and was tricked by marketing-spiel to think he really was getting a "free lunch". So again, how is this bannable?

Just as Kwaad demonstrated ignorance towards economics, you have demonstrated ignorance towards these terms. In fact, I specifically used these terms because they are not nearly as offensive as other terms which directly insult one's knowledge or judgement. Hell, I'm ingorant when it comes to agricultural sowing and cropping - there's nothing wrong with that.

Edit: Good point; I buy many games second-hand or in "pawn fairs".

1 xbox game

2 xbox 360 games

9-12 arcade games (I got a disk that had a bunch on um, I don't think i've really botherd to much with them)

ckmlb said:
If by wealth of Wii games you mean ports than yeah there is a wealth of Wii games to get, other than 3 Nintendo games, there is nothing to get on the Wii except mini game collections and ports...

I can't agree with that. It does depend on that games you have played before, but here are some comments on Wii games I own:

- Zelda: definitely worth getting (finished it finally last weekend, 65hrs) - 9.5/10

- Rayman: more good than bad, and some really fun sections. Graphics/sound are excellent, very polished. Also fun for lots of players/parties/non-gamers. 8/10.

- ExciteTruck: Fast, arcade racer. Heaps to unlock, excellent gfx, great with a few people around (take turns). Lacks online play, really hurts the title. 8.5/10.

- Sonic: Very disapointing. Core game is great, everything else is over complex and unnecessary. Not a lot of fun. 6/10.

- WiiPlay: Keep you entertained for a few days, good purchase with an extra Wiimote. Nice accessory to Wii Sports. 8/10 (considering purchase price/Wiimote inclusion).

- DragonBall Z: Only started playing this (couple of hours in), but Im very impressed so far. Graphics are good, game is polished, and the fighting system is a lot deeper than expected. Heaps to do (Adventure mode, RPG  elements, etc..) - should be lots of fun in 2-player mode. 8/10 at the moment.

- Monkey Ball: Urrgh. Hate the control scheme, game needed to use the Wiimote sideways (like Excitetruck). Core game is not fun, and I couldn't play it at all (friends copy, returned after 1 day). Not recommended. 4/10. 

- Red Steel: Hard one to rate. Full budget, large scale game. Voices, excellent gfx/sound. Controls do take some getting used to, but once you are in - it rocks. Playing this at the moment, about 20% of the way in. Sword fights get pretty intense. Hate the user interface (especially at the start), not fond of the "comic" style cutscenes either (look really cheap compared to the rest of the game). 7.5-8.0 at the moment.

- Wii Sports: Nothing to really say. Killer app - gets non-gamers playing the game. Lots of depth. 9/10. If this had internet play, it would be too awesome (10/10). 

...looking forward to trying out Godfather, SSX Blur, and much more. New Harry Potter game seems intriguing to me as well.

I really am finding that motion control makes games new - and am really enjoying the experience. Some people hate motion control (one of my old-school Nintendo-fan mates) and hate all Wii games as a result. Its also about having an open mind, and looking to experience something new (rather than something you are already 100% comfortable with...).

Anyway - Im back to work, before I join Kwaad and the jobless.. :) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

4 of the games you named are mini game collections, but let me tell you what I think of each of the stuff you named:

Zelda and Paper Mario are definitely worth owning.

Wii Sports and Warioware are good and all, but are only good for playing a little with other people, I got bored of 'em really fast.

Sonic, I agree completely that the core was good and future sonics on Wii might be good because of that.

Wii Play for me is like a lesser Wii Sports so I wouldn't buy it since I have two Wiimotes anyway.

Dragon Ball Z, I will be checking out.

Monkey Ball and Rayman for me are not worth it, they are minigame collections and those kinds of games I despise.

Red Steel and Excite Truck I just think are crappy.

So that leaves two must get games, it's not unusual since it's pretty early but saying Wii has a wealthy lineup compared to the PS3 right now is highly exaggerated (Even taking Zelda into account). 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

No next-gen consoles, I prefer to play it safe and wait it out.

Handhelds; that last I had was a Gameboy Color. I just don't like handhelds, plus, I don't have time for them.

So that leaves me with a PS2 with a little over 40 games. Still satisfied with the damn thing, and enjoying playing GoWII and FFXII. 

@Your Mother and Kwaad.

I have never stated that english is my first language, but I still think ignorant in combination with fool is a very offensive combination. You could have written it in a much better way. If I did missunderstand you somebody else could have done it.

You could have stated it in may other ways, now end of story please try to behave against each others. I think both of you is very close to crose the line to trolling.

@thread

Sorry to bitch around like this, I know that I isn't a mod but I am starting to get pissed of because this forum more and more end up with personal insults.

Now, who do start a thread with last gen games ?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

@robjoh:

Oh, I know English isn't your first language (it's not mine either) - I think you are from upper northern Europe?

That's fine if you think it's offensive. It's not meant to be offensive to you. (BTW, Kwaad did utter profanities before, why not get on his case? You don't have to answer that.)

Of course I can state it many ways. Thanks to the power of language, we have synonyms, similes and metaphors to count on. However, I stated it in that way because I thought those were the right words to use. Forgive me if you think I was being ignorantly foolish of your taking offense to these words.

Why don't you start a last-gen game thread?

From Next gen: 

PSP = 30 games (29 Japanese)
DS = 44 games (all Japanese)
Japanese WII = 12 games (all Japanese) (Zelda, Rabbids Party, Made in Wario, Elebits, Paper Mario (need to receive), Mezase Tsuri Master, Pokemon Battle Revolution, WII Sports (not bundled with JP WII), Sonic, Excite Truck (love it!), Swing Golf Pangya, Fire Emblem.

VC ehm about 17 waiting for my pre paid cards to download some more

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

wow do all you of guys actually have time to play all those??? Like wiigirl76, that collection doesn't sound good on your wallet either I honestly spend more time reading these forums than actually playing games. (I can kind of relate to Kwaad in this sense)

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.