By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Quick poll - How many games?

Kwaad said:

*my* check card does not give me credit.

My rent does not give me credit.

My power bill does not give me credit.

My water bill does not give me credit.

My insurance payments... dont give me credit.

My grandfather was a doctor, and I get enough money to pay any debts I aquire every year. That and I'm selling something for 4,000$ here next month, and I could use that to pay it off, but I want to keep making my paymets to get me more credit.

Unless you don't have the bills you listed, all of them do improve your credit (not counting the check card) if you pay them on time (and worsen your credit if you don't).  As long as your name is on the bill.

Around the Network

Wii - Sports, Play, Zelda, Excite Truck VC - Super Mario Bros, Kid Icarus, Punch Out, Gradius, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country GC - Zelda Compilatin Disc, Metroid Prime 2 These are my currently owned games. There have been many threads about this so I will not list previous systems. I just recently bought 3 of the 6 VC games.

360 - bought 5 games (Gears of War, The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, F.E.A.R., Crackdown, Dead Rising) and it also came with the pack-in games Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Xbox Live Arcade. 

It's the only next generation console I own right now.  I'm very unlikely to get a Wii because I'm not a fan of Nintendo first party games and everything else on the system doesn't interest me.  I'm interested in a few upcoming games for the PS3, namely Lair, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and FF13 but I'll probably wait for a price drop and more games are released before picking a PS3 up.  As for the 360 I love it but it's probably because I come from a PC background and it seems to have the most PC-like games.   I'll definately be picking up Mass Effect and very likely Bioshock and Command & Conquer 3.  I was looking forward to Halo 3 until I saw the demo :/

As for the games I own:

Gears of War: I loved it...  Great game except the story could be better.  I played through it several times in different difficulty levels in order to get as many achievement points as possible.  I was able to beat the very end part on the highest difficulty level though :/  The graphics did spoil me because after playing it I played F.E.A.R. and the difference in graphics was jarring at first (and F.E.A.R. is a nice looking game in it's own right).

F.E.A.R.: I beat it once, it started out pretty slow but the story picks up.  I hated the way part of the story is told through listening to people's phone messages, it reminded me too much of Doom 3's way of telling it's story.  The enemies were boring except every once in awhile a new type would be introduced to spice things up.

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion: Brilliant game!  I never really played any of the previous ones but this one is one of the best rpgs I've ever played.  I also love the open endedness.    I beat it and spent at least 120 hours in it playing through all the side quests.  Even with that many hours I missed a few of the quests.

Crackdown: Took awhile to get used to and the controls are a little difficult at times because of the way your characters abilities go up and you have to get used to the sensitivity each time they go up.  The story is pretty shallow and repetitive and there's almost nothing else to do besides the main storyline.  It's better than an average game but not by much.

Dead Rising: Just got it and haven't even played it yet.  I got my 360 after that game came out so I missed buying it when it was first released.  Kinda interested in playing it, I have a feeling I'll end up liking it a lot.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter: Never played it at all, it came for free with the system and I'm not a fan of the type of game it is.

Xbox Live Arcade: *Amazing* value for the price (even if it hadn't come free), Bejeweled 2 is great for anyone that likes Tetris/Puzzle like games, and a few of the others are good as well.

Xbox 360 - 6 Games, sold 1 of them (Sold gun, Madden 06, NCAA 07, Oblivion, CoD2, Condemned) Xbox - 11? (Morrowind, Shattered Union, KuF: Crusaders, Mega Man Collection, KOTOR, Forza, NCAA 05, Ghost Recon 1&2, Full Spectrum Warrior, Fable, Dai Senriaku 7) N64 - 6 (Turok 1 & 2, Super Mario 64, Ogre Battle 64, Goldeneye, Zelda: OoT) SNES - 10? (FF3, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Sim City, Zelda:ALTP, Lufia 1, BoF 1&2, Mega Man 7 & X) plus a few more I can't think of off the top of my head NES - 7? (Mega Man 2, 4, 6, Dragon Warrior 3, FF1, Zelda 1 & 2) + others Computer: Around 100 games. IMO, don't knock people about insane #s of video games. I've found great PC games under $1, and some of my collection consists of those games. Most of my Xbox games are Platinum titles, and only Fable and Forza were new, Shattered Union was $40.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I guess I should include past consoles too.

NES: 30+, I dunno exactly, but my NES doesn't work anymore so it doesn't matter.
SNES: 15 or 16, have already bought more on VC
N64: 7, plan to pick up a few that I missed on VC
GC: 13 or 14
PS2: 5, but my g/f living with me has about 20
Wii: 4
VC: 4 (2 SNES and 2 NES)