By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default Flying Fairy OT - TGS Trailer direct feed is (finally) up! All set for release!

VicViper said:
NintendoPie said:
VicViper said:
^ Don't worry, I'm sure smbu2000 will buy it and make us envy in the Media Create thread... sigh

But I thought my Kid Icarus box was cool... this one's murders it.

I know! This box is really amazing. *Drools* Oh, sorry! XD

Who is SMBU2000?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/8854/smbu2000/#contenthttp://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/8854/smbu2000/#content

He lives in japan and gets all the cool things!

And the bastard even posts pics of them!

What the hell?!

That lucky... human being!

Around the Network
Significant_leap said:
Ninpie
yeah but why create a new ip if your idea is create a FF experience, just call it FF and print money...:)

Because people have a thing against Final Fantasy now. 

This trailer here explains a lot of the inspirations... not only Final Fantasy, but there's Chrono Trigger (: クロノ・トリガー) and others in those flying letters too

Too bad we don't know japanese. For those wanting gameplay, some cool parts, it starts at 3:14

- Bravely Default: Flying Fairy entered development as a Nintendo 3DS sequel to Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light. However, Square Enix eventually decided to rename the game with an original title so as not to confuse modern-day Final Fantasy fans, as the game's direction is different than the modern games of the series and closer in style to the older installments. The development team settled on the name Bravely Default: Flying Fairy so that the subtitle would abbreviate to "FF", as a reminder of the game's origins.[6]

VicViper said:

This trailer here explains a lot of the inspirations... not only Final Fantasy, but there's Chrono Trigger (: クロノ・トリガー) in those letters too

Too bad we don't know japanese

Umm... does that trailer even fit on the screen? XD

Around the Network
Xxain said:
- Bravely Default: Flying Fairy entered development as a Nintendo 3DS sequel to Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light. However, Square Enix eventually decided to rename the game with an original title so as not to confuse modern-day Final Fantasy fans, as the game's direction is different than the modern games of the series and closer in style to the older installments. The development team settled on the name Bravely Default: Flying Fairy so that the subtitle would abbreviate to "FF", as a reminder of the game's origins.[6]

Even better! I expected an old school final fantasy, and I got one. And freeing itself from the main brand is a smart move imo, no comparisons, no over dramatic scenes, no people wanting top models saving the world, etc... and maybe can it evolve into a successful non-spin-off series.

It's still not false what I said... They changed so much Final Fantasy that the next Final Fantasy needs to be... well, the old Final Fantasy.

NintendoPie said:

Umm... does that trailer even fit on the screen? XD

Lol, I fixed it! Now you can watch it without the need of an imax screen

NintendoPie said:
outlawauron said:
NintendoPie said:
outlawauron said:
NintendoPie said:

Umm... hehe?... I totally knew that... I was just testing to see if you did...

You could certainly have checked my games collection.

Lol, sorry. I just don't check people's collections that much and the way you worded that made me think you wanted to get one. XD

I understand that. But still, this is one of the games that was key factor in my desire to obtain one.

Would it make you mad if it didn't come to where ever you live?

I'd be incredibly pissed. I already have enough pain with half the games I want to play never coming to the US.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Sorry, Pig, she's cuter

Dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

outlawauron said:

I'd be incredibly pissed. I already have enough pain with half the games I want to play never coming to the US.

And what would those games be?

(Trust me, I feel your pain, Outlaw. >_<)