Are we getting to much Mario?

yes 44 44.44%

no 48 48.48%

see results 7 7.07%

Total:99
M.U.G.E.N said:
paper mario? :S

Ummm... what? XD

I would say yes. I would put the Mario series on a leash.

Perfect Mario Schedule: 

2012 Mario Games:  

A 2D Mario for 3DS

Mario Tennis for 3DS

A 3D Mario for Wii U

2013 Mario Games:

Mario Kart for Wii U

Paper Mario for 3DS

That's what I think things should look like. 3D Mario every so 2/3 years and 2D Mario every so 1/2 years.

Around the Network

I wouldnt put 2d and 3d marios as the same. Diferent experiences and appeal.

NintendoPie said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
paper mario? :S

Ummm... what? XD

I would say yes. I would put the Mario series on a leash.

Perfect Mario Schedule: 

2012 Mario Games:  

A 2D Mario for 3DS

Mario Tennis for 3DS

A 3D Mario for Wii U

2013 Mario Games:

Mario Kart for Wii U

Paper Mario for 3DS

That's what I think things should look like. 3D Mario every so 2/3 years and 2D Mario every so 1/2 years.

OP hadn't involved paper mario in the discussion. That's why I pointed it out

anywho I'm outta this thread :P Not gonna comment on the issue too much

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Rath said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I really get tired of people complaining about having too much of a good thing. Halo is milked, COD is milked, Mario is milked. I have news for everyone, if it's still good it's not milked. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head making them buy games. I can't get enough Halo and I'm glad it's becoming a yearly series. Why would I want less of what I love if it's still of the highest quality? The same goes for Mario games. There's something for everyone and you don't have to buy them all.

Too many releases in too short a time does kill a franchise though. Or even a genre - it's basically what tore the entire rhythm game genre apart.

However neither Halo nor Mario are in this boat - out of the current big games I'd say only CoD arguably is.

I think what happened to the rhythm games was that it was just a fad. The same thing is happening right now with dance games just like the DDR craze of the late 90's. The thing about fads are they are usualy big only because of the people who jump in who where into games in the first place. Mario, Halo, COD, etc. are all pretty safe because the type of people that play them will always play them. They may go up and down in sales, but for the most part they will stay steady so long as the quality doesn't drop. The rhythm games fell from grace because all those non-gamers who only played them at parties found new fads to move to.

kain_kusanagi said:
Rath said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I really get tired of people complaining about having too much of a good thing. Halo is milked, COD is milked, Mario is milked. I have news for everyone, if it's still good it's not milked. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head making them buy games. I can't get enough Halo and I'm glad it's becoming a yearly series. Why would I want less of what I love if it's still of the highest quality? The same goes for Mario games. There's something for everyone and you don't have to buy them all.

Too many releases in too short a time does kill a franchise though. Or even a genre - it's basically what tore the entire rhythm game genre apart.

However neither Halo nor Mario are in this boat - out of the current big games I'd say only CoD arguably is.

I think what happened to the rhythm games was that it was just a fad. The same thing is happening right now with dance games just like the DDR craze of the late 90's. The thing about fads are they are usualy big only because of the people who jump in who where into games in the first place. Mario, Halo, COD, etc. are all pretty safe because the type of people that play them will always play them. They may go up and down in sales, but for the most part they will stay steady so long as the quality doesn't drop. The rhythm games fell from grace because all those non-gamers who only played them at parties found new fads to move to.

I still enjoy rhythm games, just not the kinds they have out right now.  theatrhythm looks my speed.

Around the Network

Looks like the only sizable gaps there are 64 ->Sunshine and Sunshine -> New, which happens to reflect the poorest sales period of Nintendo history.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

but whats really the problem, are you tired of awesomness?

The DS had Mario 64 DS as well, and that was a launch game.

While I do agree that the release of NSMB2 at this particular time could curtail sales of 3D Land, I don't see the problem with one of the sidescrollers per system--one on the DS, one on the Wii, one on 3DS, and one on Wii U.  With the NES, there was actually a year where we got two of them on the same console.  Of course, I do think they should worry about brand saturation with all the unrelated games that get his name slapped on them.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

no. the problem isn't mario games. its that there is never a break. The wii and game cube lacked serious 3rd party support so every other game is nintendo 1st party, and that almost always means mario something. if you take the line up of say, the xbox 360s multiplatforms then throw in mario games. its not so bad. but since the wii has no 3rd party support it seems every other game is mario this or mario that. or this game but it has mario in it.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 have combined for almost 17 Million in sales, so the fans have said "No we are not getting too much Mario, long live the King!"