By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - IGN ranks Pixar's Movies

The original Toy Story definitely should be higher than the third one. The first one was amazing, and the third one was good too, but not to the same degree.

Around the Network

Finding Nemo and Monster's Inc should have been higher imo. Up until I've seen that list, I haven't realized how many Pixar movies I've actually watched. Not really that big on cinema either, so it's a surprise I've seen that many!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Monster Inc so low? Gtfo.

Good lord. Toy Story 3 is incredibly overrated. Did people really find it any better than the other two? It's a great movie, but I can't see how it's #1.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Pretty hard to make a list like this, since pretty much everyone has their own favorite order. Obviously I'd like to see Ratatouille higher, but there are seven incredible films above it. Can't complain too much.

Around the Network

Here's how I would rank them:

13. Cars 2
12. Cars
11. A Bug's Life
10. Brave
9. Toy Story 2
8. Monsters Inc.
7. Ratatouille
6. Finding Nemo
5. Toy Story
4. Wall-E
3. The Incredibles
2. Toy Story 3
1. Up

I still can't believe Cars 2 exists. 'Tis a shame.

pezus said:

Have you seen Brave? :O

Yep! I definitely enjoyed myself with Brave. Gorgeous visuals, wonderful voice work, and a charming cast of characters make it a solid film. However, Brave is ironically the Pixar oddball by being their most "traditional" (aka very Disney-esque) film to date. In fact, the movie has more in common with Tangled (a Disney Studios film) than it does with previous Pixar films. But just as Tangled was a solid movie, so is Brave.

I can understand people's criticisms that Pixar played it too safe with Brave, but I personally can't fault the movie too much for it.

I gave it an 8/10 (Great).

My list
1. Ratatouille
2. Finding Nemo
3. Toy story
4. Up
5. Monster's inc
6. Brave
7. Toy story 3
8. The Incredibles
9. Wall E
10. Toy story 2
11. A bug's life

I haven't seen Cars or Cars 2.

Haha, yeah, it is hard to make a list like this.

My three favourite Pixar films have been "Ratatouille" (easily my favourite), "Up" and "Monsters Inc".

My three least favourite were "Finding Nemo", "The Incredibles" and "Cars". Something about those three just didn't click with me in the same way that the other ones did.

I love the Toy Story films too, of course, but I genuinely believe that Ratatouille is Pixar's masterpiece :P

Smeags said:
pezus said:

Have you seen Brave? :O

Yep! I definitely enjoyed myself with Brave. Gorgeous visuals, wonderful voice work, and a charming cast of characters make it a solid film. However, Brave is ironically the Pixar oddball by being their most "traditional" (aka very Disney-esque) film to date. In fact, the movie has more in common with Tangled (a Disney Studios film) than it does with previous Pixar films. But just as Tangled was a solid movie, so is Brave.

I can understand people's criticisms that Pixar played it too safe with Brave, but I personally can't fault the movie too much for it.

I gave it an 8/10 (Great).

Brave was even more traditional that Tangled. It wasn't goofy like the late 90s Disney movies. It has a few funny moments, but is a little more serious and adventurous. Brave is a solid movie, just don't expect it to move you the way most Pixar movies do.