By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking for Article Writers for gamrReview

Craig and I decided that we could probably use some regular articles on gamrReview to shore up weeks where there aren't many games releasing and we're looking for a couple of dedicated article writers. We have enough reviewers though, so while we aren't totally opposed to people applying to move into reviewing that's not the goal of this recruitment drive. The pay is pretty negligible so it's probably best to think of it as a volunteer position for now, but we have pretty good numbers for viewers so if you're writing articles already it could be a good way for you to increase your audience. 

Our requirements are just that the article not be flamebait to our eyes. Usually though only the title is flamebait - if anything - and that can easily be fixed. So if this interests you please take a look at some of the editorials on our site (gamrReview.com) and send me an example of your own work that fits with those and email it to kjkoebke@vgchartz.com

On a side note, I know we aren't really directly related to VGC and gamrConnect anymore, so we'll be using other sites for recruitment as well, but I thought since so many of our current writers came from this community I might as well throw the option up to you guys as well.

edit: Almost forgot, we're looking for people who'll stick around, be an active part of the gamrReview team, and write regularly (doesn't have to be a lot, just show a degree of commitment) and AIM use is required since it's the only way to keep up with all our staff.

Around the Network

I'd like to do it, and as I have no commitments until late September, it'd give me something to do I suppose.

In a good way.

So, does this need to be a new piece, or an old one? And when's the deadline? Will it be paid? Would we be classed as a writer on this site as well?

I know the answers to 2 out of 4 of those, but others may not, so if you could answer then it'd be great!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Have I missed something? I thought Machina (Craig) left VGC.

spurgeonryan said:
I think that if they allow free lance writers then they should take you. Your pieces that you do here and even wall posts from you are very enjoyable to read. So even an occasional article from you would be worth it for them I think.

Was that directed at me? If so, then thank you!

Slimebeast said:

He has. gamrReview isn't part of VGC anymore.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

I'm definitely interested in this position as I was months ago, but I'm afraid I simply wouldn't have the time to commit to it. Things have been busy at work but I think my current project is wrapping up soon so hopefully things cool down for me. Is there any estimation as to when decisions will be made? If time permits, I may be able to submit something for consideration.

Well this is the first place I put it up just as Craig and I were discussing the need on AIM, so we haven't put up on any other sites and don't have a time limit thought up yet, obviously we don't want to wait 6 months or something, but I'll get back to you when we have a more definitive date.

Conegamer said:

I'd like to do it, and as I have no commitments until late September, it'd give me something to do I suppose.

In a good way.

So, does this need to be a new piece, or an old one? And when's the deadline? Will it be paid? Would we be classed as a writer on this site as well?

I know the answers to 2 out of 4 of those, but others may not, so if you could answer then it'd be great!

1. New or Old subject doesn't really matter as long as it's still interesting

2. Not sure yet

3. Technically yes, but it's such low pay that I'd think of it as voluntary if I were you.

4. I don't really see why we still have tags on these forums for being a writer on a supposedly unrelated site, so I don't have any plans to get Brett to do the work required for the tags.  

spurgeonryan said:
^ Your response to Slimebeast answered one of your questions about being a writer here.

As for your comment to me, I was referring to tad's, but you are great as well!

You've destroyed my hopes and dreams. I hope you're happy.

Torillian said:
Conegamer said:

In a good way.

1. New or Old subject doesn't really matter as long as it's still interesting

2. Not sure yet

3. Technically yes, but it's such low pay that I'd think of it as voluntary if I were you.

4. I don't really see why we still have tags on these forums for being a writer on a supposedly unrelated site, so I don't have any plans to get Brett to do the work required for the tags.  

That's cool, thanks! 

I'll send something in later this week, probably best if it's new. I have a few ideas, so I'll just send it in rather than make the thread.

Conegamer said:
Slimebeast said:

He has. gamrReview isn't part of VGC anymore.

Oh. I thought he meant gaming sites in general when he said his heart wasn't into this anymore.

Is Seece or TheSource there too?

I once tried to make a comment under a review article there but found out that you'd have to sign in with your Facebook account or something.