By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking for Article Writers for gamrReview

Torillian said:
There are no age restrictions on writing for gamrReview assuming you can write well enough. Being that young would mean that you'd be ineligible for some of the benefits of being on staff, though, like I can't get people that young into E3 or GDC or other professional conferences as media. If you don't mind that then feel free to apply to kjkoebke@vgchartz.com

Okay, I may be staff on Fragged Nation but if not I'll apply for a staff role here. It'll be less flexible holding up two staff roles on two different sites.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
If you want someone to rip into the gaming industries bullshit then I may be interested. Possibly interested in "Top 10 games ruined by,,,XXX" type things also.

Feel free to apply, we want to do our best not to publish anything that seems like flamebait as was an issue we thought occured with gamrFeed, but almost any idea can be written without flamebaiting if you do it in the right way.

If you apply are you pretty much guaranteed the job? I want to do it, and started on some editorials, but I don't have much experience, and I know I'll probably be going up against professionals. 

IamAwsome said:

If you apply are you pretty much guaranteed the job? I want to do it, and started on some editorials, but I don't have much experience, and I know I'll probably be going up against professionals. 

can't promise anything until I see an example of your writing, until that point I would suggest just writing up one of those editorials and sending it in before you invest too much time in something that isn't a sure thing.

Just sent my applications off now.

Here's hoping!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I know this is a bit off topic, but it seems the staff uses AIM, I thought to myself like wow surprised it even exists still! What prompts the staff to use AIM instead of something fresh or newer like Skype?

blkfish92 said:
I know this is a bit off topic, but it seems the staff uses AIM, I thought to myself like wow surprised it even exists still! What prompts the staff to use AIM instead of something fresh or newer like Skype?

Mostly we just all had AIM when the staff started and I know if I try to change over to some other Instant Messager or chat option then only half of my staff will move over and I'll be stuck keeping track of two instead of one.  

Torillian said:
blkfish92 said:

Mostly we just all had AIM when the staff started and I know if I try to change over to some other Instant Messager or chat option then only half of my staff will move over and I'll be stuck keeping track of two instead of one.  

Oh so everyone had AIM in the beginning, that makes a lot of sence then to just stick with it.